October 22, 2017, 11:44:17 AM

Author Topic: Worst match this century?  (Read 2426 times)

September 17, 2017, 02:36:10 AM
Reply #30

toffee_scot

The 7-0 defeat to Arsenal in 2005 was pretty shit considering we had clinched a 4th place finish just a few days before.

The following season saw some really dreadful games and results - Dinamo Bucharest 5-1 plus the 4-0 Villa defeat where Kroldrup played and our whole backline was ripped to shreds after Milan Baros' hand of God routine.

The Wigan 3-0 defeat in the FA Cup was abysmal, even David Moyes had decided enough was enough with Phil Neville.

The end of Martinez's time saw some awful gutless performances against Liverpool, Leicester and Sunderland.

Koeman doesn't escape, the Anfield derby last season and the Stamford Bridge game were dreadful. This season the Spurs game and the Atalanta game too.

deCoubertin

September 17, 2017, 02:42:22 AM
Reply #31

eyesalwaysblue

Koeman's done well to get a mention in a thread like this so early in his project.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 17, 2017, 02:48:58 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

The Arsenal 1-6 opening day horror show shattered my soul into tiny fragments.

Even now, the thought of it stirs up a slight pain in me like a sad old song or a lost love.

First game of the fucking season!

The death of hope.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:52:22 AM by Bluedylan »
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 17, 2017, 03:06:24 AM
Reply #33

Stumpy

The Arsenal 1-6 opening day horror show shattered my soul into tiny fragments.

Even now, the thought of it stirs up a slight pain in me like a sad old song or a lost love.

First game of the fucking season!

The death of hope.
I'm sure I was the last one left in the main stand that game,and I still didn't see our goal because I had my head in my hands in disbelief at what I'd seen.

September 17, 2017, 03:10:18 AM
Reply #34

Stumpy

Middlesboro 3 Everton 0 in the FA Cup the last game of Walter Smith, christ that was depressing.

Annoyed me so much I felt the need to look the side up...

Everton: Simonsen, Pistone, Stubbs, Weir, Unsworth, Clarke, Gascoigne, Gemmill (Blomqvist 73), Linderoth (Alexandersson 45), Radzinski, Moore (Chadwick 45). Subs Not Used: Gerrard, Cleland.

This on the BBC archive for it

Will I stay? Definitely. I will soldier on, I have done so before and I will do so again 
Everton manager Walter Smith

Luckily I had the hangover from hell watching this game,and had other pain to worry about.fuck me that team is grim reading.

September 17, 2017, 04:05:28 AM
Reply #35

Bally

Administrator
Tell you what, the worst game I ever watched at Goodison we won 1-0 against Derby county in 95, it was fucking abysmal
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 04:07:28 AM
Reply #36

Bally

Administrator
Oh and Middlesbrough away in 2000/2001 3-0 I think it was, I smashed my pool room up in the pub it was horrific.
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 04:09:00 AM
Reply #37

Bally

Administrator
Middlesboro 3 Everton 0 in the FA Cup the last game of Walter Smith, christ that was depressing.

Annoyed me so much I felt the need to look the side up...

Everton: Simonsen, Pistone, Stubbs, Weir, Unsworth, Clarke, Gascoigne, Gemmill (Blomqvist 73), Linderoth (Alexandersson 45), Radzinski, Moore (Chadwick 45). Subs Not Used: Gerrard, Cleland.

This on the BBC archive for it

Will I stay? Definitely. I will soldier on, I have done so before and I will do so again 
Everton manager Walter Smith
I've just put this up too fucking hell it was worse than anyone remembered hahha
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 04:09:57 AM
Reply #38

Bally

Administrator
The 7-0 defeat to Arsenal in 2005 was pretty shit considering we had clinched a 4th place finish just a few days before.

The following season saw some really dreadful games and results - Dinamo Bucharest 5-1 plus the 4-0 Villa defeat where Kroldrup played and our whole backline was ripped to shreds after Milan Baros' hand of God routine.

The Wigan 3-0 defeat in the FA Cup was abysmal, even David Moyes had decided enough was enough with Phil Neville.

The end of Martinez's time saw some awful gutless performances against Liverpool, Leicester and Sunderland.

Koeman doesn't escape, the Anfield derby last season and the Stamford Bridge game were dreadful. This season the Spurs game and the Atalanta game too.
My lads first season ticket game hahahaha
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 05:20:43 AM
Reply #39

The Analog Kid

The Wigan game for me, without a shadow of doubt. It was my lads first season ticket, we were one game from Wembley and we completely fucked it right up the arse. I was gutted for me lad more than anything else.

Bucharest was a twat too, plus Lisbon

September 17, 2017, 05:22:13 AM
Reply #40

The Analog Kid

We finished 4th on negative goal difference. -1

September 17, 2017, 06:43:48 AM
Reply #41

bluestevie

The 5-0 in Lisbon v Benfica when Coleman made his debut as a left back because of an injury crisis and the subsequent return to Lisbon when we only needed to defend and nick an away goal to finish the tie after stupidly conceding a last min pen in the first leg, and we capitulated 3-0. Oh and speaking of capitulations, the 5-2 in Kiev when we kept attacking after Lukaku put us 3-2 ahead on agg instead of using common sense and keeping it tight, leading them to take constant pot shots that found the net
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

September 17, 2017, 08:02:22 AM
Reply #42

Heisenberg

Probably not the worst in isolation. But there was a game against stoke a couple of years ago at home were shaqiri scored a weird chip shot from inside the box. Genuinely thought about giving up on the footy that day.

September 17, 2017, 11:36:42 AM
Reply #43

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The game against United on the 17th September 2017. The end of Koeman after a 8-1 drubbing and Rom getting 5.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 17, 2017, 03:19:34 PM
Reply #44

Mac934

That'll never happen FFS. Where's the 1 coming from, lol.