October 22, 2017, 08:53:48 PM

Author Topic: Kendall/Speed  (Read 1663 times)

September 17, 2017, 08:42:29 AM
Reply #15

MrWhite

Think we've just hit a new low with this thread.  :'(

deCoubertin

September 17, 2017, 01:03:05 PM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gary didn't like the way the club was moving and didn't like kendalls style (take them out when losing) so moved

Simply simply lovely

September 18, 2017, 09:05:09 AM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

Fair enough mate I just find this rumour and others a bit in poor taste really and especially regarding Howard Kendall after all he has done for us,but that's me.

Why is it in bad taste? Everyone knows he was an alcoholic, it's no secret. Just because he's dead it doesn't mean that the subject is off limits. You can still respect someone and discuss their flaws/illness at the same time.

September 18, 2017, 01:11:57 PM
Reply #18

Coyb12

Why is it in bad taste? Everyone knows he was an alcoholic, it's no secret. Just because he's dead it doesn't mean that the subject is off limits. You can still respect someone and discuss their flaws/illness at the same time.
Because people are looking to blame,discredit others who have done a great deal for everton,but you go for it.

September 18, 2017, 01:21:02 PM
Reply #19

bluenuck

Because people are looking to blame,discredit others who have done a great deal for everton,but you go for it.

This kind of stuff always interests me about pro athletes. And I'm taking this from all sports around the world;

You can have a man that's an alcoholic, a rapist, a wife beater, a cheater, a drunk driver, even a murderer. But if he's done a great deal for the club you support then you better keep your mouth shut.

Wtf is with that?

September 18, 2017, 01:26:36 PM
Reply #20

Coyb12

This kind of stuff always interests me about pro athletes. And I'm taking this from all sports around the world;

You can have a man that's an alcoholic, a rapist, a wife beater, a cheater, a drunk driver, even a murderer. But if he's done a great deal for the club you support then you better keep your mouth shut.

Wtf is with that?
Sounds like you got a few issues to me there lad, thought of seeing someone?

September 18, 2017, 01:27:52 PM
Reply #21

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Wtf is with that?

People were talking about Howard Kendal, not a wife beater, rapist, cheater, drunk driver or murderer so why bring his name into such context.

September 18, 2017, 01:29:21 PM
Reply #22

bluenuck

People were talking about Howard Kendal, not a wife beater, rapist, cheater, drunk driver or murderer so why bring his name into such context.

Easy. Read the first paragraph.

My point is is that's It's okay to talk about the negatives of people even if they've done good for the club you support. Just because they've scored a bunch of goals or thrown a bunch of touchdown passes doesn't mean they're perfect.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:36:14 PM by bluenuck »

September 18, 2017, 01:41:37 PM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Well I don't know how it is in your part of the world but I don't know of anyone that would consider a murderer, rapist, wife beater etc. "Perfect" nor even condone that type of behaviour because of a few goals/touchdowns, maybe Trump though ?

September 18, 2017, 01:46:35 PM
Reply #24

bluenuck

Well I don't know how it is in your part of the world but I don't know of anyone that would consider a murderer, rapist, wife beater etc. "Perfect" nor even condone that type of behaviour because of a few goals/touchdowns, maybe Trump though ?

Kobe Bryant. Ray Lewis. Simeon rice. Patrick Roy was a hall of fame hockey player who allegedly beat his wife with a door.

You'd be surprised.

Oh. Brett favre sent pictures of his junk to a female reporter. But He's one of the greatest quarterbacks that ever lived though. So let's ignore that......
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:49:18 PM by bluenuck »

September 18, 2017, 01:56:26 PM
Reply #25

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Never heard of any of them so can't comment, I have no issue with anyone talking about Howard Kendall's illness nor George Best or Brian Cloughs illness and I doubt very much that Gary Speeds mental
illness was brought about by a tiff with the manager about style of play or his drinking but don't class them together with rapists, murderers and wife beaters.

September 18, 2017, 02:01:02 PM
Reply #26

bluenuck

Never heard of any of them so can't comment, I have no issue with anyone talking about Howard Kendall's illness nor George Best or Brian Cloughs illness and I doubt very much that Gary Speeds mental
illness was brought about by a tiff with the manager about style of play or his drinking but don't class them together with rapists, murderers and wife beaters.

I'm not. And you know I'm not. I know you understand the point I'm trying to make. I may have gone a little to far in trying to make it. But over here in North America it's maybe a little worse than across the pond.

September 18, 2017, 02:09:00 PM
Reply #27

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
But you did and you only have to read your post again to see that you did but anyway, that reminds me to include that haggard old cliche "across the pond" in the trivial things you hate post, it's an ocean ffs ! shakeyheadman

September 18, 2017, 03:41:08 PM
Reply #28

Jamokachi

I'm certainly not discrediting him. He was an alcoholic, I don't see the issue in acknowledging that. Doesn't diminish his playing or managerial achievements.

September 18, 2017, 06:08:26 PM
Reply #29

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not. And you know I'm not. I know you understand the point I'm trying to make. I may have gone a little to far in trying to make it. But over here in North America it's maybe a little worse than across the pond.

But not as bad as Brazil

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/13/brazil-football-bruno-fernandes-de-souza-murder-girlfriend
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: