October 19, 2017, 12:12:04 PM

Author Topic: Kendall/Speed  (Read 1632 times)

September 19, 2017, 11:27:19 PM
Reply #30

boothill

With both parties now sadly passed on and as you are unable to libel the deceased is anyone able to throw any light on Gary Speed's departure from Everton?
 For what it's worth I always believed it was simply that Speed realised very quickly that we were going nowhere and decided he didn't want to waste the prime of his career with us. However, the harsh truth never really sits well with football fans and there were a lot of hinting at rumours at the time but I never heard anyone actually say what they believed the truth to be.
 So, is there anything more to Speed's acrimonious transfer from Everton?
let the dead rest

deCoubertin

September 19, 2017, 11:30:57 PM
Reply #31

boothill

Kendall taking ale to training, Koeman frequenting brasses.....

Anyone else got anything..?
moshri has this weird carpet he kneels on, i think he thinks it can fly

September 19, 2017, 11:35:42 PM
Reply #32

boothill

Kobe Bryant. Ray Lewis. Simeon rice. Patrick Roy was a hall of fame hockey player who allegedly beat his wife with a door.

You'd be surprised.

Oh. Brett favre sent pictures of his junk to a female reporter. But He's one of the greatest quarterbacks that ever lived though. So let's ignore that......
none of them a patch on lee carsley

September 20, 2017, 06:24:49 AM
Reply #33

sam of the south

Kobe Bryant. Ray Lewis. Simeon rice. Patrick Roy was a hall of fame hockey player who allegedly beat his wife with a door.

You'd be surprised.

Oh. Brett favre sent pictures of his junk to a female reporter. But He's one of the greatest quarterbacks that ever lived though. So let's ignore that......

Blimey.

Genuine questions: was the door off the hinges, or did the hockey dude take her to the door?

And what's wrong with sending a wanger pic?

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 20, 2017, 06:49:02 AM
Reply #34

cantoffee

Blimey.

Genuine questions: was the door off the hinges, or did the hockey dude take her to the door?

And what's wrong with sending a wanger pic?
It's sexual harassment.

Common for athletes and their indiscretions or worse to be glossed over or ignored. Not sure why.

September 20, 2017, 07:24:06 AM
Reply #35

sam of the south

It's sexual harassment.

Common for athletes and their indiscretions or worse to be glossed over or ignored. Not sure why.

Ah, so the girl wasn't with it?

Fair enough, then.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 20, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
Reply #36

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 20, 2017, 09:44:06 PM
Reply #37

Major Clanger

This kind of stuff always interests me about pro athletes. And I'm taking this from all sports around the world;

You can have a man that's an alcoholic, a rapist, a wife beater, a cheater, a drunk driver, even a murderer. But if he's done a great deal for the club you support then you better keep your mouth shut.

Wtf is with that?

Of course there is a flip side to that too: when you're a sports hero and you've got a problem, more often than not you won't ask for help. Because then you wouldn't be perfect.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 22, 2017, 02:53:04 AM
Reply #38

plowman2

This kind of stuff always interests me about pro athletes. And I'm taking this from all sports around the world;

You can have a man that's an alcoholic, a rapist, a wife beater, a cheater, a drunk driver, even a murderer. But if he's done a great deal for the club you support then you better keep your mouth shut.

Wtf is with that?
I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you really can't put an alcoholic in the same category as a rapist , wife beater and murderer
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)