December 18, 2017, 10:23:51 PM

Author Topic: Kendall/Speed  (Read 1884 times)

September 17, 2017, 12:38:19 AM
Read 1884 times

Mayor Farnum

With both parties now sadly passed on and as you are unable to libel the deceased is anyone able to throw any light on Gary Speed's departure from Everton?
 For what it's worth I always believed it was simply that Speed realised very quickly that we were going nowhere and decided he didn't want to waste the prime of his career with us. However, the harsh truth never really sits well with football fans and there were a lot of hinting at rumours at the time but I never heard anyone actually say what they believed the truth to be.
 So, is there anything more to Speed's acrimonious transfer from Everton?

deCoubertin

September 17, 2017, 12:42:41 AM
Reply #1

Macca77

One I heard quite a few times is Speed was fed up with Kendall being pissed all the time

September 17, 2017, 12:49:17 AM
Reply #2

Coyb12

A great manager and player in Howard,a great player in gary,leave them in peace it doesn't really matter.

September 17, 2017, 01:41:25 AM
Reply #3

Trowel

Been discussed a few times on here previously, try the search.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 17, 2017, 01:47:05 AM
Reply #4

toshyboy

I heard that allegedly speed picked up a water bottle in training, but it was Kendall's bottle and full of whiskey. How true it is I don't know, but those were the rumours

September 17, 2017, 02:04:10 AM
Reply #5

Coyb12

I heard that allegedly speed picked up a water bottle in training, but it was Kendall's bottle and full of whiskey. How true it is I don't know, but those were the rumours
So this s rumour is saying Howard took a water bottle full of whiskey on the training pitch and put it with the rest of the numerous water bottles and of all the players to pick out this bottle it was Gary Speed,ffs I would not even repeat that if someone told me,actually I would tell them to fuck right off.

September 17, 2017, 02:04:13 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I always hoped and expected Speed to manage us one day. Class guy.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 17, 2017, 02:16:28 AM
Reply #7

toshyboy

So this s rumour is saying Howard took a water bottle full of whiskey on the training pitch and put it with the rest of the numerous water bottles and of all the players to pick out this bottle it was Gary Speed,ffs I would not even repeat that if someone told me,actually I would tell them to fuck right off.

Good for you.

September 17, 2017, 02:21:06 AM
Reply #8

Coyb12

:thumbsup:Good answer,when you have got one.

September 17, 2017, 02:23:40 AM
Reply #9

Coyb12

Good for you.
Good answer,when you have not got a decent reply

September 17, 2017, 02:37:48 AM
Reply #10

toshyboy

Good answer,when you have not got a decent reply

Not sure what u expected to be fair. I merely answered the op's question and said what I'd heard, clearly stating it was rumour. I'm sure I'm not the only one on the forum who will have heard it.

If you would have kept it to yourself, that's up to you, but this has been floating round for years. It's a forum, and it's pretty obvious from the thread title it's gonna be rumours and hearsay, as nobody knows for sure

September 17, 2017, 02:45:40 AM
Reply #11

Coyb12

Not sure what u expected to be fair. I merely answered the op's question and said what I'd heard, clearly stating it was rumour. I'm sure I'm not the only one on the forum who will have heard it.

If you would have kept it to yourself, that's up to you, but this has been floating round for years. It's a forum, arnd it's pretty obvious from the thread title it's gonna be rumours and hearsay, as nobody knows for sure
Fair enough mate I just find this rumour and others a bit in poor taste really and especially regarding Howard Kendall after all he has done for us,but that's me.

September 17, 2017, 06:16:41 AM
Reply #12

The Analog Kid

Kendall taking ale to training, Koeman frequenting brasses.....

Anyone else got anything..?

September 17, 2017, 06:33:05 AM
Reply #13

School of Science

Kendall taking ale to training, Koeman frequenting brasses.....

Anyone else got anything..?

No, luckily Moyes has always gone with what's he's got and if there are brasses on corners Martinez doesn't defend them anyway.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 17, 2017, 06:33:47 AM
Reply #14

The Analog Kid

No, luckily Moyes has always gone with what's he's got and if there are brasses on corners Martinez doesn't defend them anyway.

Unbelievable