November 23, 2017, 02:23:19 AM

Author Topic: Scunthorpe vs Everton  (Read 33965 times)

January 09, 2011, 07:54:55 AM
Reply #345

Trowel

There now follows a comprehensive list of things that make Verminator happy:
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 09, 2011, 09:02:45 AM
Reply #346

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
There now follows a comprehensive list of things that make Verminator happy:

Good performance and good result, both of which I saw today and on Wednesday..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 09, 2011, 09:44:33 AM
Reply #347

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Beckford is far from a finished article, I'm still on the fence on him until I see him being more clinical. BUT he is adding a lot when he's on the pitch right now.

His off ball movement is superb, showing some decent first touches, seems strong on the ball and has awareness of those around him (obvious by his assists).

If he can add to this, the most important part, clinical finishing, he could turn out to be one hell of a player.

Remember, Arteta, Graveson, Fellaini and Jags (and probably many others I can't recall) took a while to bed in, and became far greater than their initial performances indicated.

Not saying Jermaine will turn out great, just give the young lad room to grow.

He isn't young, he's 27, in his prime for a striker.

Even though he missed a few chances, he's still done well to get into the positions in the first place. Today will have boosted his confidence at least. He'll never be top draw though, he's a freebie from a 3rd division club!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 09, 2011, 12:14:53 PM
Reply #348

montanatoffeefan

Wasn't pleased with Beckford today, the amount of chances he fucked up against a team struggling in the championship was pretty worrying.

Other than the level of competition, doesn't that pretty much sum up Beckford's efforts at Everton? Most games he gets his chances, and most games he bungles them.

If he could ever become more clinical with his finishes...or even put home one of three...he could be a major contributor.
Everton forever.

January 09, 2011, 05:42:13 PM
Reply #349

evertonjoe

I think that people have got to accept that Beckford will never be a clinical finisher and never has been. He's quick and gets into good positions and also works hard for us but he's not going to be a 15 goal a season man. The only reason he was so prolific further down the league was the number of chances that Leeds would create in each game.

Anyway great result and some cracking goals, hopefully we'll get a similar draw in Round 4.

R.A.P Music