October 15, 2019, 05:37:13 AM

Author Topic: Scunthorpe vs Everton  (Read 44843 times)

January 08, 2011, 11:04:56 PM
Reply #315

Shogun

Administrator
Who is your MOTM ? felliani was so cool and calm on ball besides the one in hit over the bar 1St half but for me beckfords movement and workrate should earn him the plaudits.He creates so much room for others and gets his chances for hard work which he will be putting away more and more i think
thought beckford was a bit anonymous in the second half along with a few tbh but still played well, i think seamus or baines

January 08, 2011, 11:07:52 PM
Reply #316

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
which goal was the best? i only saw the first two.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2011, 11:08:50 PM
Reply #317

Shogun

Administrator
which goal was the best? i only saw the first two.
baines without doubt

January 08, 2011, 11:14:34 PM
Reply #318

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If Capello picked on form at all as he claimed Baines would be starting for England right now as he is outplaying Cole by a country mile.  Sod that though, keep him for us, their loss.

January 08, 2011, 11:17:06 PM
Reply #319

Chazman

"I fuckin love this club"

January 08, 2011, 11:19:38 PM
Reply #320

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
baines without doubt
describe it, in sumptuous detail
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2011, 11:20:14 PM
Reply #321

Trowel

Didn't we beat Norwich 5-1 in 1995?
5-0 - I still have the paper with the FIVERTON headline :)
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 08, 2011, 11:22:37 PM
Reply #322

nomorechang

RIP
A good confidence boosting performance for the team and a few players in particular . Becks , Bily , Magaye all done well , the spectre of missing chances is still there but hopefully the moretime on the pitch that Becks gets , the better he'll get .. Bainsey is looking as good as anyone right now and if he was playing for one of the " Hollywood " teams he'd surely be getting the same attention as Bale or Nasri .. and Seamus must be the find of the season ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 08, 2011, 11:24:18 PM
Reply #323

AidyEFC9

Who is your MOTM ? felliani was so cool and calm on ball besides the one in hit over the bar 1St half but for me beckfords movement and workrate should earn him the plaudits.He creates so much room for others and gets his chances for hard work which he will be putting away more and more i think

Fellaini for me, his composure on the ball and willingness to bring it under control no matter what situation or pressure he's under is brilliant and is fitness levels are immense, he doesn't seem to stop, he gets up and down the pitch all day long.

Beckfords movement was good again and on another day could of had more goals and his link up play was better too, especially 1st half when he was doing the one touch lay offs and things and i thought Bily grew into the game too, he seemed to want to get more involved in the team play and Coleman was good again and popped up with a crucial goal cos moments before Scunny had there tails up after pulling one back so soon after half time.

Very good win, certain players got run outs and mins under there belts and we saved key individuals for next weekend aswell, all round a good day for Everton, roll on next sunday!.

January 08, 2011, 11:24:35 PM
Reply #324

sharpattack

Coleman was superb. His defence splitting pass for beckford, which true to form he spurned, was fantastic
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 08, 2011, 11:24:59 PM
Reply #325

Jamokachi

5-0 - I still have the paper with the FIVERTON headline :)

I knew we got 5...

January 08, 2011, 11:45:03 PM
Reply #326

Gash

Global Moderator
describe it, in sumptuous detail

He miss hit a cross and it dropped into the goal.  :whistle:

Decent performance today from the team. It may be lower league opposition but 5 goals is a decent marker. I just hope we have finally turned the corner. Apart from Stoke, the Man City, Spurs and Scunthorpe games have all been pretty decent performances.

January 08, 2011, 11:50:09 PM
Reply #327

BootleBlueBoy

looks like Dono Enjoyed the match
Quote from: Landon on FB
Great result for the Toffees. Needed a good confidence boost and to hit the net a few times. To Wembley we go :)

really professional performance, and what a finish from baines!

January 09, 2011, 12:34:07 AM
Reply #328

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Great win, never seen 5 coming just hope we aint used all our goals up. Be interseting to see if Beckford keeps his place for the derby..... he had another decent game today imo, not great, not bad tho which is good news
Simply simply lovely

January 09, 2011, 12:50:58 AM
Reply #329

di_guyo

good performance by most today, a few exceptions
fellaini - ran it, superb
beckford - threat, superb goal an assist...i believe he'll be a good player if he keep playing
baines - superb again, as per
bily - pretty poor, our worst player IMO.
Everton & Atleti