October 20, 2019, 04:20:03 PM

Author Topic: Scunthorpe vs Everton  (Read 44969 times)

January 09, 2011, 01:04:26 AM
Reply #330

Dean0

good performance by most today, a few exceptions
fellaini - ran it, superb
beckford - threat, superb goal an assist...i believe he'll be a good player if he keep playing
baines - superb again, as per
bily - pretty poor, our worst player IMO.

i thought bily done well, deffo not poor by a longshot. id say hibbo was the weakest.

January 09, 2011, 01:05:40 AM
Reply #331

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Billy did ok he gets bad press imo people expect too much off him. He wanted the ball and kept possession
Simply simply lovely

January 09, 2011, 01:12:22 AM
Reply #332

cantoffee

i thought bily done well, deffo not poor by a longshot. id say hibbo was the weakest.

Thought Bily did well, linked with Baines ok and had a nice little backheel when he was on the right.

I only saw the second half but the only poor thing he did was have a misplaced pass that against better opposition would have led to a break against us. I'd be happy to see more of him, the couple of minutes he played against Man City brought back some hope in me that he has a chance to make it. Before that I would have been happy to see him go.

January 09, 2011, 05:54:25 AM
Reply #333

bluestevie

good performance and five excellent goals, beckford and saha have to start the derby next week, would fancy either or both to score. btw anyone know what the anytime odds were on beckford scoring as i stuck a couple of quid on him today
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 09, 2011, 06:04:23 AM
Reply #334

Chazman

Has anyone got it veryfied that Seamus won't be banned for next week?
"I fuckin love this club"

January 09, 2011, 06:13:27 AM
Reply #335

Sprooly

i havent seen anything suggesting he would be banned

January 09, 2011, 06:15:32 AM
Reply #336

Gash

Global Moderator
Has anyone got it veryfied that Seamus won't be banned for next week?
According to the link earlier in the thread, the card amnesty came into effect on January 1st. So no, he isn't banned.

January 09, 2011, 06:25:51 AM
Reply #337

Chazman

According to the link earlier in the thread, the card amnesty came into effect on January 1st. So no, he isn't banned.

Cheers mate  :thumbsup: Can't wait untill he rips Konchesky a new arsehole next week
"I fuckin love this club"

January 09, 2011, 06:50:30 AM
Reply #338

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
i havent seen anything suggesting he would be banned

So that's why he looked devastated after the card? makes sense..

On a side note, their support was shocking today.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 09, 2011, 06:54:52 AM
Reply #339

Sprooly

So that's why he looked devastated after the card? makes sense..

i was listening on the world service not watching

January 09, 2011, 07:07:27 AM
Reply #340

chang

0-2 down in next to no time, so no different to we would be.

January 09, 2011, 07:08:53 AM
Reply #341

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
0-2 down in next to no time, so no different to we would be.

I mean even before the game when the fella on the PA was trying to get them to make some noise, not a peep.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 09, 2011, 07:30:35 AM
Reply #342

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
5 goals, 5 different scorers. Positive formation for second game running from Moyes. All the players and fans up for a game in a tournament other clubs seem less bothered by. Confidence boosting performances for the likes of Beckford and no injuries.

Seems like a good day to me.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 09, 2011, 07:33:29 AM
Reply #343

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
5 goals, 5 different scorers. Positive formation for second game running from Moyes. All the players and fans up for a game in a tournament other clubs seem less bothered by. Confidence boosting performances for the likes of Beckford and no injuries.

Seems like a good day to me.

Wasn't pleased with Beckford today, the amount of chances he fucked up against a team struggling in the championship was pretty worrying.

January 09, 2011, 07:52:11 AM
Reply #344

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't pleased with Beckford today, the amount of chances he fucked up against a team struggling in the championship was pretty worrying.

Beckford is far from a finished article, I'm still on the fence on him until I see him being more clinical. BUT he is adding a lot when he's on the pitch right now.

His off ball movement is superb, showing some decent first touches, seems strong on the ball and has awareness of those around him (obvious by his assists).

If he can add to this, the most important part, clinical finishing, he could turn out to be one hell of a player.

Remember, Arteta, Graveson, Fellaini and Jags (and probably many others I can't recall) took a while to bed in, and became far greater than their initial performances indicated.

Not saying Jermaine will turn out great, just give the young lad room to grow.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red