December 14, 2017, 02:26:04 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: We didn't deserve that result  (Read 1377 times)

September 18, 2017, 03:12:22 AM
Reply #15

Tony Clifton

Is he wrong though? Our chances were due to United individual errors. If we had taken them Mourinho would likely have been critical of his players too. He took responsibility for Atalanta and rightly so, he's not deflecting here (could be worse he could have carted out Steve Round)

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 03:19:25 AM
Reply #16

Major Clanger

I think we were phenomenal.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 18, 2017, 03:23:35 AM
Reply #17

Andy1878

Does he really have a system? Never been able to figure that out. To me the system seems to be constantly picking several defensive players, having no width or flair and playing players out of position. Spurs away last season was the last straw for me, this is no surprise where we are now and it's only going to get worse unfortunately.

September 18, 2017, 03:34:03 AM
Reply #18

gizzblue

Williams was the worst player on the pitch bar none .....openly pushed Mata edge of the area ....passed the ball to a man u played for their second .....should've had another pen against him for a lunge in the area...air shot edge of the area twice and this isn't his worst performance this year ....fuck Koemams talking shite ...holgate wouldn't have made half them mistakes....or a percentage of williams overall shite this season.

September 18, 2017, 03:54:51 AM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Try asking some of our players to push wide, stretch the play, give the player on the ball options.

Instead we have a load of players picked to play within a 25 yard radius and he wonders why the player on the ball has no options in front of him.

He needs to get a grip of this formation issue and quick.

September 18, 2017, 04:02:01 AM
Reply #20

bluenuck

I may be in the minority here, but we deserved that.

Stop passing it to the guys in red.

September 18, 2017, 04:11:11 AM
Reply #21

blueski

if the game had ended at 75 minutes I'd agree with him completely
Nil Satis

September 18, 2017, 04:11:51 AM
Reply #22

Heisenberg

I may be in the minority here, but we deserved that.

Stop passing it to the guys in red.

Agree. The two chances we created were very fortunate with the ball bobbling through the defence. We done nothing

September 18, 2017, 04:13:00 AM
Reply #23

everton1952

We deserved a defeat but not by 4-0. We are so bad we do not have the belief of so-called "lesser" teams like Burnley who have no fear of the top clubs and whose players know their system. Of course I know Burnley have goal scorers and we don't, and they will be favourites to turn us over at Goodison, unless we match their work rate.

September 18, 2017, 04:27:20 PM
Reply #24

Waltzer

we've got the worst set of strikers in the league? he bought all 3 of them. Rooney, Sandro and DCL.

2 of them in the last window..

Sandro was a gamble, it hasnt paid off so far. DCL was for the future, and I still see it this way, Rooney isnt really a striker anymore. Did he buy them or did Walsh, thats neither here nor there, what is though is that his views were that even after these signings he made it abundantly clear that we still needed a first team striker to replace Rom and it never happened for whatever reason and were paying the price now.

September 18, 2017, 04:45:55 PM
Reply #25

Bwana

we still needed a first team striker to replace Rom and it never happened for whatever reason and were paying the price now.

Can you please remind me again how Lukaku scored consistently for us against Spurs, City, Chelsea and United? City I can give to you but from that one the "replacement" actually got us a point (should've been three). I mean yes, in a way so far it looks like he hasn't been replaced but the stats from matches we've played compared to the matches we played against those teams with Lukaku... Striker-wise they're pretty much the same. You may have a point if however one of our strikers doesn't start smashing 'em in the upcoming games.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

September 18, 2017, 05:16:12 PM
Reply #26

Waltzer

Can you please remind me again how Lukaku scored consistently for us against Spurs, City, Chelsea and United? City I can give to you but from that one the "replacement" actually got us a point (should've been three). I mean yes, in a way so far it looks like he hasn't been replaced but the stats from matches we've played compared to the matches we played against those teams with Lukaku... Striker-wise they're pretty much the same. You may have a point if however one of our strikers doesn't start smashing 'em in the upcoming games.

Im struggling as to why im even responding to this, but here goes.
Generally strikers find it harder to score against the better teams as generally they're better, its a fact! Rom had the best strike rate in the premiership last season against the top 6 I believe. However, all of that is irrelevant though as if we did have him, or someone of the equivalent stature and goal scoring record, along with our new additions we would have had a much greater chance of success as we would have actually troubled their defence.

What you appear to be saying is that a 6 million unproven striker, 1.6 million 'one for the future' and Rooney (however much he was) are comparable to Lukaku cause we didnt beat City, Spurs, United and Chelsea with him or or them, which seems a very simplistic approach to analysing a player?

September 18, 2017, 05:27:49 PM
Reply #27

Bwana

Im struggling as to why im even responding to this, but here goes.
Generally strikers find it harder to score against the better teams as generally they're better, its a fact! Rom had the best strike rate in the premiership last season against the top 6 I believe. However, all of that is irrelevant though as if we did have him, or someone of the equivalent stature and goal scoring record, along with our new additions we would have had a much greater chance of success as we would have actually troubled their defence.

What you appear to be saying is that a 6 million unproven striker, 1.6 million 'one for the future' and Rooney (however much he was) are comparable to Lukaku cause we didnt beat City, Spurs, United and Chelsea with him or or them, which seems a very simplistic approach to analysing a player?

Well.... No. His strike rate against those was... I know this only the Metro but numbers don't lie.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/romelu-lukaku-record-top-six-10753781

You see: What you are saying is that we haven't replaced Lukaku. What I say is there's no real evidence yet to back you claim.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

September 18, 2017, 07:27:13 PM
Reply #28

BlueNoseMike

Well.... No. His strike rate against those was... I know this only the Metro but numbers don't lie.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/romelu-lukaku-record-top-six-10753781

You see: What you are saying is that we haven't replaced Lukaku. What I say is there's no real evidence yet to back you claim.

You're right he's overall record for us against top 6 was a bit pants but last season he scored 4 in at most 12 games against the top 6 (can't remember if he missed any). A 1 in 3 record against them teams isn't bad overall.

I think it was similar to Kane's

September 19, 2017, 06:30:16 AM
Reply #29

bacon sarnie

I thought we deserved better but he can take a fuckin hike until he sorts himself (and the team) out.