October 21, 2017, 04:31:29 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: We didn't deserve that result  (Read 978 times)

September 18, 2017, 12:39:43 AM
Read 978 times

Everton News

Koeman: We didn't deserve that result

Everton boss Ronald Koeman says that an individual error made the scoreline against Manchester United look much worse than it should have been.

Source: Koeman: We didn't deserve that result

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 01:18:54 AM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
We deserved to lose though.

Not loving those comments. You can blame Williams but there were 3-4 other bad "personal errors" before that by other players which could've led to United scoring. We rode our luck at times when it was 1-0.

September 18, 2017, 01:22:28 AM
Reply #2

Ross

He's always got to scapegoat someone hasn't he.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 18, 2017, 01:27:21 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Is he wrong though? Our chances were due to United individual errors. If we had taken them Mourinho would likely have been critical of his players too. He took responsibility for Atalanta and rightly so, he's not deflecting here (could be worse he could have carted out Steve Round)

September 18, 2017, 01:28:20 AM
Reply #4

Realist

Scoreline was harsh but we didn't deserve a win or even a draw

September 18, 2017, 01:44:04 AM
Reply #5

eyesalwaysblue

wants to get his subs right then.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 18, 2017, 01:45:59 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Him and Williams cost the game. A draw up to Williams would have been fair.

Lukaku doing what he mostly did for us. Score when the game was already won.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 18, 2017, 01:48:32 AM
Reply #7

Coyb12

Excuses excuses starting to should like roberto,needs to be replaced his methods are not going to change and we are going to struggle against most sides.

September 18, 2017, 02:08:35 AM
Reply #8

Waltzer

Excuses excuses starting to should like roberto,needs to be replaced his methods are not going to change and we are going to struggle against most sides.
disagree. He wasn't given the tools he asked for, we probably have the worst set of strikers in the league so he's limited to implement his system. Yes, we could be playing better but you can't plan for individual errors all the time. Before this run I expected minimal points, and that's what we got. If there isn't any improvement in the next 4 then serious questions need to be asked.

September 18, 2017, 02:13:26 AM
Reply #9

Ross

disagree. He wasn't given the tools he asked for, we probably have the worst set of strikers in the league so he's limited to implement his system. Yes, we could be playing better but you can't plan for individual errors all the time. Before this run I expected minimal points, and that's what we got. If there isn't any improvement in the next 4 then serious questions need to be asked.

He's been in charge of us when every striker in our first team squad signed so let's stop hiding behind this poor excuse.

And it's not like we've scrimped on it either given two of our forwards are supposed to be earning almost 300k a week between them.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 18, 2017, 02:16:38 AM
Reply #10

john e

Starting to get pissed off with his comments

September 18, 2017, 02:19:12 AM
Reply #11

SANA_DR0

we've got the worst set of strikers in the league? he bought all 3 of them. Rooney, Sandro and DCL.

2 of them in the last window..
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 18, 2017, 02:40:04 AM
Reply #12

wepull

I think Utd were poor today, they were there for the taking. They capitalised on individual mistakes in the end but apart from that they barely did anything.

We could have easily done better had we had an attacking line up who knew what to do when they had the ball. We barely could string two three passes when we had the ball in the opposition half. We were defensively sound till the 3rd goal if you take the individual mistakes out but our attacking play had no coherence and the two chances we had were purely out of luck.

September 18, 2017, 02:46:39 AM
Reply #13

The Analog Kid

Scoreline was harsh?

Give away possession in silly areas and penalties then you get punished. They're not gonna miss gokden opportunities or pens outta sympathy cos we played well.

September 18, 2017, 02:55:50 AM
Reply #14

wepull

Also I don't think a striker would change the entire cluster-fuck that we are going through currently. We have had Lukaku in our team and have gone through such insipid display. So put Lukaku in this team and we would still suck. It's not like we are missing a lot of chances which Lukaku would have otherwise scored.

Koeman needs to sort out the system that we are playing currently, lack of a quality player in one position doesn't make the whole system shambolic. He needs to get our midfield working again and defenders to get their basics right. I am sure you do these things right we will end up scoring.