October 18, 2017, 09:49:22 PM

Author Topic: Reasons for optimism  (Read 1941 times)

September 18, 2017, 06:15:16 AM
Reply #45

ally2

Sandro looked sharp today. He was the signing I was most excited about this summer and I'm totally convinced he's going to do it for us based on very little really.

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 01:34:34 PM
Reply #46

Macca77

We're only 36 points away from safety

September 18, 2017, 02:12:17 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I'm backing Sandro. One of them 30 Yarders is going to rocket in shortly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2017, 03:27:46 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Bottom three with a goal difference of-8 after 5 games.

You can try and pick a few glimmers of hope if you really want to but those stats are a bit fuckin shite really and as much as I'd like to I can't really garner much optimism yet from what I've seen.

September 18, 2017, 04:09:04 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

Bottom three with a goal difference of-8 after 5 games.

You can try and pick a few glimmers of hope if you really want to but those stats are a bit fuckin shite really and as much as I'd like to I can't really garner much optimism yet from what I've seen.

The only way is up , Yazz 1988, clever woman that

September 18, 2017, 04:52:11 PM
Reply #50

gizzblue

After re watching that from yesterday ....it was a better performance and we looked for parts like a team (we aint much this season at all)....the last ten was hard to see again but Williams is definitely a liability ,seems to lose his head at vital moments ,Martina's flaws are there for all to see (although better forward than back)and the manager didn't help with his bad choices sun wise ....but still better than we have seen this year ....I'm actually quite optimistic again ,we need a similar ethos against the lesser teams and we will pick up points ...  also I wish RK would give Kenny a go ...surely he deserves a try ffs.

September 18, 2017, 07:07:19 PM
Reply #51

Zoolander

After re watching that from yesterday ....it was a better performance and we looked for parts like a team (we aint much this season at all)....the last ten was hard to see again but Williams is definitely a liability ,seems to lose his head at vital moments ,Martina's flaws are there for all to see (although better forward than back)and the manager didn't help with his bad choices sun wise ....but still better than we have seen this year ....I'm actually quite optimistic again ,we need a similar ethos against the lesser teams and we will pick up points ...  also I wish RK would give Kenny a go ...surely he deserves a try ffs.
You re-watched it?
Clearly you're a sucker for punishment!

September 18, 2017, 07:14:47 PM
Reply #52

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We've got our health

Simply simply lovely

September 18, 2017, 08:21:26 PM
Reply #53

Everton Mint

We've played the probable top 4 teams  ( 3 away) and even if we'd played great the losses would still be very likely.

And the old adage used to be 'dont look at the Table until 10 games played..'

September 18, 2017, 09:15:21 PM
Reply #54

everton1952

My system failed for the first time. I recorded the game without watching and at the end asked my wife if I should watch it or not. She said Oh Yes it is worth watching. I watched it from the beginning expecting to see a creditable draw or something, and at the end of the horror show I asked her why she had told me it was worth watching. She had switched the live game off with 10 minutes to go at 0-1.

September 18, 2017, 09:20:53 PM
Reply #55

gizzblue

You re-watched it?
Clearly you're a sucker for punishment!
Nope just like to get a true grasp of everything ....and 3 conclusions. ...Williams is a shite timebomb , Martina cant defend for a big clock ....and koeman's subs really didn't help matters at all.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:22:12 PM by gizzblue »

September 18, 2017, 10:33:37 PM
Reply #56

KoemansNumberTens

We'll be fine but something has to change in terms of recruitment for the first team.

It's been quite inept. From waiting too long for players with little intention of signing for us, to the panic attempted buy of sissoko.

To paying top money for players you'd think we had a great negating position for (contracts running down, relegated, practically on strike) to then leaving big holes in our first 11 at the death

I think our recruitment in terms of the u23s or even the cheaper purchases has been very progressive. I think in terms of the first team it's been a bit inept. Not even in so much as the individual signings but in terms of the lack of flexibility leaving us paying a premium or even missing out completely.

September 18, 2017, 10:50:51 PM
Reply #57

Martip

We'll be fine but something has to change in terms of recruitment for the first team.

It's been quite inept. From waiting too long for players with little intention of signing for us, to the panic attempted buy of sissoko.

To paying top money for players you'd think we had a great negating position for (contracts running down, relegated, practically on strike) to then leaving big holes in our first 11 at the death

I think our recruitment in terms of the u23s or even the cheaper purchases has been very progressive. I think in terms of the first team it's been a bit inept. Not even in so much as the individual signings but in terms of the lack of flexibility leaving us paying a premium or even missing out completely.
I was thinking about out u23 team and how strong they are and was trying to decide whether it was a case of great recruitment or crap recruitment ie players brought for the 1st team that are not good enough so demoted !

September 18, 2017, 10:54:49 PM
Reply #58

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I was thinking about out u23 team and how strong they are and was trying to decide whether it was a case of great recruitment or crap recruitment ie players brought for the 1st team that are not good enough so demoted !
Can't think of anyone we have signed bar niasse who has been demoted

Simply simply lovely

September 18, 2017, 10:59:40 PM
Reply #59

Martip

Can't think of anyone we have signed bar niasse who has been demoted
Ok players who we 've signed assuming they'd make the step up but didn't etc