August 22, 2019, 01:47:32 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland - Carrier Bag Cup  (Read 23255 times)

September 19, 2017, 12:16:29 AM
Read 23255 times

Evertonian in NC

We need to be properly experimental with this Caribou thingy, and Koeman needs to manage confidently, not like he's scared of his position.'

4-4-2 alignment with Rooney not even on the bench (the man needs to rest):

Stek

Kenny         Keane     Holgate    Martina

Lookman     Besic       Klaassen       Vlasic

DCL         Sandro

I'd rather not play Keane if I knew more about the U-23s.  Also maybe whatsisface (the guy who makes the crosses) instead of Martina at LB, just not Baines.

DCL/Sandro get no more than 60 minutes, Mirallas and Russia POY can finish.  I just want to see them together in this alignment.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 20, 2017, 03:43:32 AM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Would you pay to broadcast our game?

I'd kick in 1 whole American dollar.  What can I say, glutton for punishment.

/also trying to follow the radio broadcast is just fucking maddening
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 20, 2017, 11:34:43 PM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

I'm sure there are contractual problems with that.

September 21, 2017, 03:24:21 AM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

September 21, 2017, 03:26:33 AM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

DCL deserves to start up top, preferably next to Rooney in a 4-4-2 on Saturday.  Pretty please.

September 21, 2017, 03:34:52 AM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

From what Nicholas has said this game, Sunderland sound below u23 level so be worthy not to get too carried away

I've never heard our radio crew shit on someone as heavily as they have Sunderland today.

September 21, 2017, 03:57:59 AM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

Saturday:

Pickford

Holgate      Keane     Jags    Baines

Davies    Schneiderlin     Gana     Sigurdsson

DCL         Rooney 

September 21, 2017, 04:14:34 AM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

Good news, it will surely be Chelsea's reserves.  Bad news...I don't have to fill in those blanks, everyone knows.

September 21, 2017, 04:52:43 AM
Reply #8

Evertonian in NC

I'm not arsed about Chelsea.  We don't need to win or have a long run in this Cup (though it would be nice).

We DID need to re-gain some self-confidence, we DID need to see DCL and Sandro play up top together, and we certainly couldn't avoid getting twatted at home to a shithouse pub side like Sunderland.

I feel a little bad for how far they've fallen.  Curse of Moyes, I guess.

September 21, 2017, 05:11:53 AM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

Curse of moyes?

After he left us we improved
After he left man u they improved
After he left sociedad they improved

Sunderland sounded dire and look in free fall

By their standards, United had a really poor run until pretty much now.  All triggered by Moyes showing up.  No curse relevant to Everton.

I had no idea whether the Moyes impact lingered with Sociedad, just hadn't heard much about them.

Yeah, freefall is fair to say re Sunderland.