October 20, 2017, 09:22:03 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland - Carrier Bag Cup  (Read 8244 times)

September 21, 2017, 04:51:57 AM
Reply #540

bluenuck

Frustrating to see the game pass Klaassen by.

Starting to worry me, this.

September 21, 2017, 04:52:43 AM
Reply #541

Evertonian in NC

I'm not arsed about Chelsea.  We don't need to win or have a long run in this Cup (though it would be nice).

We DID need to re-gain some self-confidence, we DID need to see DCL and Sandro play up top together, and we certainly couldn't avoid getting twatted at home to a shithouse pub side like Sunderland.

I feel a little bad for how far they've fallen.  Curse of Moyes, I guess.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 21, 2017, 04:53:24 AM
Reply #542

WeimaranerBlues

Sky gave a stat out tonight that our B team Rodwell Gisbon Vaughan Oviedo had 280 plus appearances a few more than our whole Squad,  funny,   

Can anyone answer  who in our squad tonight has the most appearances??
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:54:58 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

September 21, 2017, 04:54:45 AM
Reply #543

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Starting to worry me, this.

It's still probably a bit too soon to write him off but you expect him to at least do better against Sunderland.

September 21, 2017, 04:56:12 AM
Reply #544

The Analog Kid

Sky gave a stat out tonight that our B team Rodwell Gisbon Vaughan Oviedo had 280 plus appearances a few more than our whole Squad,  funny,   

Can anyone answer  who in our squad tonight has the most appearances??

Robles?

September 21, 2017, 05:00:23 AM
Reply #545

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't matter who it's against, that's a great touch and even better finish.

He's got something when put infront of goal.

We need all the attacking options we can get at the moment.

September 21, 2017, 05:01:17 AM
Reply #546

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea are playing Watford on Monday the 23rd Oct so our game will have to be the Weds and more than likely 11 changes for them

September 21, 2017, 05:03:26 AM
Reply #547

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
How did Kenny do anyone that was there?

Radio made out like he looked nervous but grew into the game.

September 21, 2017, 05:03:40 AM
Reply #548

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's still probably a bit too soon to write him off but you expect him to at least do better against Sunderland.

I've got my own theory like.

His style is very ball shy, like all the time he was with Ajax and for the Netherlands he is not like a Davies, looking for the ball constantly.

Instead, he gets in like high-value positions, and when the game comes alive so does he. He's come from a whole life of playing with Ajax in which every player is probably super comfortable playing one and two touch stuff in quick succession.

When the ball goes near him he uses it well, and he doesn't often make poor decisions, but he is never going to get on the ball for the whole game or dictate the pace of it. Hopefully his goals and assists start to rack up because that's the cornerstone of his career - timing of runs and clever finishes, if he can do what he does ATM but match his previous output we'll all be very happy...but one without the other is some danger of looking like a luxury.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 21, 2017, 05:04:15 AM
Reply #549

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not arsed about Chelsea.  We don't need to win or have a long run in this Cup (though it would be nice).

We DID need to re-gain some self-confidence, we DID need to see DCL and Sandro play up top together, and we certainly couldn't avoid getting twatted at home to a shithouse pub side like Sunderland.

I feel a little bad for how far they've fallen.  Curse of Moyes, I guess.
Curse of moyes?

After he left us we improved
After he left man u they improved
After he left sociedad they improved

Sunderland sounded dire and look in free fall

Simply simply lovely

September 21, 2017, 05:11:53 AM
Reply #550

Evertonian in NC

Curse of moyes?

After he left us we improved
After he left man u they improved
After he left sociedad they improved

Sunderland sounded dire and look in free fall

By their standards, United had a really poor run until pretty much now.  All triggered by Moyes showing up.  No curse relevant to Everton.

I had no idea whether the Moyes impact lingered with Sociedad, just hadn't heard much about them.

Yeah, freefall is fair to say re Sunderland.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 21, 2017, 05:13:06 AM
Reply #551

DannyR

Chelsea mid week in the cup.

Sound for me shame I'll be with dickheads in hospitality
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 21, 2017, 05:18:00 AM
Reply #552

bluenuck

By their standards, United had a really poor run until pretty much now.  All triggered by Moyes showing up Fergusen leaving.  No curse relevant to Everton.

I had no idea whether the Moyes impact lingered with Sociedad, just hadn't heard much about them.

Yeah, freefall is fair to say re Sunderland.

Fixed it

September 21, 2017, 05:20:04 AM
Reply #553

WeimaranerBlues

Robles?

was going to say Williams, Or Robles , looks like its Lennon

September 21, 2017, 05:20:55 AM
Reply #554

chang

Video here on Sky website with the highlights ... obligatory advert first up

http://www.skysports.com/football/everton-vs-sland/384191