October 21, 2017, 09:14:01 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 1861 times)

September 19, 2017, 04:24:06 PM
Reply #15

mikey_blue

With the money we're paying Koeman, we could definitely go for a manager with more experience.

deCoubertin

September 19, 2017, 04:25:07 PM
Reply #16

Waltzer

I appreciate performances havent been great but we have had a huge shift in players over the summer, it will take a bit of bedding in. We dont really have a number 9 in our team and with the exception of Atlanta I think weve beat the teams id expect us to beat, lost against the teams we were probably expected to lose against and picked up a point against a team that wasnt expected, if by Christmas were down near the bottom then I could understand this debate but were probably where we would have all expected if you asked people to predict points from the first 5 games.

September 19, 2017, 04:32:12 PM
Reply #17

Realist

Age is the only similarity between Guardiola & Unsworth

September 19, 2017, 04:37:26 PM
Reply #18

Ramjam

Age is the only similarity between Guardiola & Unsworth

So how do you think Pep would fair coaching an under 23 team with the resources that Unsey had?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 19, 2017, 04:43:38 PM
Reply #19

Realist

So how do you think Pep would fair coaching an under 23 team with the resources that Unsey had?

Better than Unsworth, he's a better manager by absolute miles

September 19, 2017, 04:52:33 PM
Reply #20

Ramjam

Better than Unsworth, he's a better manager by absolute miles

He's had millions to spend at the 3 big clubs he's managed, walked into the Barca job with no experience at a lower level, best players in the world at Bayern when he was there and now millions to spend at City, Koeman or Martinez could have managed any of those teams and won trophies
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 19, 2017, 05:35:01 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:37:44 PM by Jimmywhack »

Simply simply lovely

September 19, 2017, 05:42:13 PM
Reply #22

BlueBeagle

1) Koeman isn't getting sacked, nor is he walking away.

2) Unsworth isn't getting the job even if it did happen.

3) If 'the kids' were thrown in, energy levels may well increase but we'd be getting twatted worse than we are currently every week.

September 19, 2017, 05:59:10 PM
Reply #23

starblood

He'd get my vote if the situation arose.

September 19, 2017, 06:28:18 PM
Reply #24

ally2

I'm almost at the point of disappointment with Unsworth that he hasn't taken the step up to proper management yet. If he's got any ambition he needs to move on and not sit in his comfort zone.

September 19, 2017, 07:00:19 PM
Reply #25

BlueBeagle

I'm almost at the point of disappointment with Unsworth that he hasn't taken the step up to proper management yet. If he's got any ambition he needs to move on and not sit in his comfort zone.

David Weir and Alan Stubbs managerial careers possibly put him off!

September 19, 2017, 09:07:21 PM
Reply #26

Bluebridge

I appreciate performances havent been great but we have had a huge shift in players over the summer, it will take a bit of bedding in. We dont really have a number 9 in our team and with the exception of Atlanta I think weve beat the teams id expect us to beat, lost against the teams we were probably expected to lose against and picked up a point against a team that wasnt expected, if by Christmas were down near the bottom then I could understand this debate but were probably where we would have all expected if you asked people to predict points from the first 5 games.
I had us down for 5 points from 5 games when the fuxtires came out, and that was with all the excitement of the new signings, granted the performances are shocking at the mo, let's see where we are after a dozen games or so.

September 19, 2017, 09:10:43 PM
Reply #27

formerKHL

He hasn't got his pro licence yet mate...you cant manage in the prem without it.....the best/highest league he could go for would be a championship side at the moment...

September 19, 2017, 09:15:04 PM
Reply #28

blueski

top class strikers won't sign to work with ronald koeman but they are going to seek us out for the chance to work with rhino? don't think so
Nil Satis

September 19, 2017, 09:39:23 PM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I never, ever understand shouts like these. Same as Man Utd fans wanting Giggs to manage them. Why? Literally zero experience at running a football club.

Playing for a club doesn't mean you can manage a club, just because you "get" what it's like to play for a particular club it's clearly a much different job and why most of the best managers were never particularly accomplished players.

If Unsworth wants to manage a big club, he should go get experience managing lower down the league. IF he does a good job there, by all means I'd be up for giving him a chance. There has to be some sort of pedigree first though.