October 22, 2017, 10:34:43 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 1884 times)

September 20, 2017, 12:20:03 AM
Reply #45

ally2

might just love his job

That's great and everything but at the same time if you have that burning desire to be a top manager then he needs to be getting going somewhere.

He's done well with the U23 for sure but the reality is that at this level he is just inheriting players from junior teams or from our scouting network, has almost zero media commitments, little interaction with the club board, and is playing in front of one man and his dog most weeks.

At the same time you've got Eddie Howe who's making a name for himself and good on him for that.

deCoubertin

September 20, 2017, 12:22:35 AM
Reply #46

The Analog Kid

Sean Dyche?

Surely not??

September 20, 2017, 12:24:20 AM
Reply #47

ally2

HOOOOOOOF

September 20, 2017, 12:36:35 AM
Reply #48

BlueForYou

Dyche will move on to a "bigger" club: Newcastle, Villa, Sheff Wed - when the time's right

He would jump at the chance to manage us

Bag those victories, Ron!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 20, 2017, 12:41:13 AM
Reply #49

eyesalwaysblue

Sean Dyche?

Surely not??
might be just mischief but bookies are not in the business of being far off with most things or they would all be bankrupt, wouldn't mind Keanes former partner Ben Mee though he's looking good.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 20, 2017, 12:42:36 AM
Reply #50

The Analog Kid

might be just mischief but bookies are not in the business of being far off with most things or they would all be bankrupt, wouldn't mind Keanes former partner Ben Mee though he's looking good.

Not the same kinda bookies that had us down to 6/4 to sin Van Dijk?

September 20, 2017, 12:44:16 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dyche does do one thing extremely well which is play with a deeply ingrained style - makes personell recruitment a bit easier and times of upheaval a bit smoother, everyone knows what their job is and when you come in you know what's expected of you.

Most teams in the prem just play with sort of tough tackling kick and rush with a few quality players dispersed within the squad wherever theyve been able to sign and keep them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2017, 12:54:56 AM
Reply #52

van der Meyde

If we don't win a cup, we'll I've made my feelings clear on this - generally clubs outside the top 6 don't win cups.
Generally Koeman's teams don't come close to winning cups anyway. :)

September 20, 2017, 12:57:51 AM
Reply #53

eyesalwaysblue

Not the same kinda bookies that had us down to 6/4 to sin Van Dijk?
Well maybe but they'll have had it laid off to make money for a different outcome that's what i meant about mischief making maybe, but Dyche is tactically astute, i've worked with a Burnley nut for the last year, he said at the time we would have paid a lot less for Mee and got a better player, he wasn't a happy bunny today getting texts about Dyche being linked to us though.

September 20, 2017, 01:03:21 AM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Generally Koeman's teams don't come close to winning cups anyway. :)

Sounds like a good fit for us then.

Although he has won the Portuguese cup, the Dutch Cup, the Dutch league a couple of times and the cops del ray since we last won something.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2017, 01:06:03 AM
Reply #55

BlueForYou

VVD has not left Saints yet - the bookies could be right!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 20, 2017, 01:09:14 AM
Reply #56

van der Meyde

Sounds like a good fit for us then.

Although he has won the Portuguese cup, the Dutch Cup, the Dutch league a couple of times and the cops del ray since we last won something.
It was the Portuguese equivalent of the charity shield, not the cup, but I'll let you have the rest. :)

When you consider he was generally managing one of the best 3 teams in the country in Portugal and Holland though, his record in the cups isn't great. Quite often got knocked out before the semi finals by "lesser" sides.

September 20, 2017, 01:19:13 AM
Reply #57

eyesalwaysblue

There's always a twist, some people made very good money on Lukaku going to UTD but they were lucky as Jose wanted Morata was only when they got fucked off they went for Rom in the end, we have to give Koeman the run of the next games but can't see us giving him the next window if these games don't go well, then it could well be that Moshiri will go for a change don't think it will be Rhino though

September 20, 2017, 01:32:33 AM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Quite often got knocked out before the semi finals by "lesser" sides.

Sounds like a very good fit then

September 20, 2017, 02:10:03 AM
Reply #59

hill135

Yes. But they're all Bundesliga managers. Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Dardai (who also managed Hungary, but still).

The lesson? Germany's coaching courses are better. Step your game up, FA.

And Simeone Inzaghi in Italy. Doing a very good job