October 19, 2017, 07:35:13 PM

Author Topic: Is Our Current Fitness Really All That?  (Read 1827 times)

September 20, 2017, 05:05:06 PM
Reply #15

Macca77

Its nothing new really, quite a few large looking playing in the prem at the moment

deCoubertin

September 20, 2017, 05:06:03 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 20, 2017, 07:47:25 PM
Reply #17

hill135

He's been a fat fuck clogger for a while now. Quite sick of his gut and endless hoofing. Just as bad as Williams in my view and we need to upgrade this position desperately.

September 20, 2017, 08:14:40 PM
Reply #18

Bally

Administrator
You all do realise, that when you relax your body, like he has there, it all looks shite, professional body builders are the only ones that don't because they are on the edge of being seriously unwell at all times, I'm pretty sure Jags as a professional sportsman would outlast pretty much every fucking clogger on here, how many of you know what it takes to maintain that level of peak fitness, even if you're off by 2/3 days you look shite, Jags is not playing as much and it's going to be detrimental.
It's the roll I way

September 20, 2017, 08:35:52 PM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
You all do realise, that when you relax your body, like he has there, it all looks shite, professional body builders are the only ones that don't because they are on the edge of being seriously unwell at all times, I'm pretty sure Jags as a professional sportsman would outlast pretty much every fucking clogger on here, how many of you know what it takes to maintain that level of peak fitness, even if you're off by 2/3 days you look shite, Jags is not playing as much and it's going to be detrimental.
Nah mate your wrong
Jagielka is a fat bastard, he cant run, that's why he hoofs it all the time and so on and so forth

Simply simply lovely

September 20, 2017, 08:40:17 PM
Reply #20

ally2

Nah mate your wrong
Jagielka is a fat bastard, he cant run, that's why he hoofs it all the time and so on and so forth

Agreed

September 20, 2017, 08:49:54 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

We're not judging him against us, we're judging him against the elite athletes he plays with and against every week. There's absolutely no way a Prem player should look anything like as podgy as that, whether tense or relaxed.

It's not a character assassination of Jags. He's been superb for us for many years and is rightly viewed with a lot of affection but there's just no way a Prem player should be carrying that extra weight.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 20, 2017, 08:56:59 PM
Reply #22

hill135

Nah mate your wrong

Is this sarcasm and straw manning really necessary? You do it a lot and never get pulled up on it.

He's not been in great shape for a number of years and, yes, he does it hoof it very, very often. The fact we've stuck with players like him through their declines is partly why we're such a mediocre outfit. If we're going to crash the top six then he's not good enough going forward.

He's not infallible cos he's played for Everton for a long time.--

September 20, 2017, 08:57:19 PM
Reply #23

Bob Sacamano

September 20, 2017, 10:16:23 PM
Reply #24

sam of the south

That pic for real?

I think so, I got if off the BBC match report, then zoomed in a bit, mainly to cut Lukaku's gloaty boat race out.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 20, 2017, 10:20:29 PM
Reply #25

Major Clanger

I know it's clearly better than it was under Martinez, but we are hardly high-octane press merchants.

Plus, one look at Jagielka's gut from Sunday's game suggests either the fitness regime isn't hardcore and/or his diet is dire

Or maybe it's just bad posture, his shoulders are slumped forward.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 20, 2017, 10:37:40 PM
Reply #26

sam of the south

Or maybe it's just bad posture, his shoulders are slumped forward.

That could account for some of the appearence.

However, there is bloat in the upper abdominals, the lower abdominals have an overhang, and the obliques have sprouted love handles.

There are multiple areas of fat storage here.

September 20, 2017, 10:43:23 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

He was out of shape last year too. Williams is equally embarrassing this season as well.

These aren't old men, they're still reasonably young in context and as they get paid to be a top level athlete for a living it's a fuckin embarrassment to be honest.

September 20, 2017, 10:46:04 PM
Reply #28

Major Clanger

That could account for some of the appearence.

However, there is bloat in the upper abdominals, the lower abdominals have an overhang, and the obliques have sprouted love handles.

There are multiple areas of fat storage here.

The way you put it makes it sound like this is a good thing.

Who wouldn't want multiple areas of fat storage? :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 20, 2017, 11:01:46 PM
Reply #29

sam of the south

The way you put it makes it sound like this is a good thing.

Who wouldn't want multiple areas of fat storage? :)

Good point.

I'm jealous of Jags' multiple areas of fat storage 😔