December 18, 2017, 05:36:52 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Bournemouth Saturday 3pm  (Read 10426 times)

September 21, 2017, 02:36:02 PM
Read 10426 times

Macca77

Must....win...game, get the season back on track

September 21, 2017, 04:25:11 PM
Reply #1

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
                Pickford

Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines

Vlasic Gana Davies Lookman

Rooney Calvert-Lewin

Personally would go with this team. A midfield full of running and youth. Our most experienced attacker playing just behind the big man DCL. Would like to see Kenny given a run in the side but if Holgate is in there instead and/or Williams is in for Jags then no problem

It might just take a bit of time for Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Sandro to settle. Davies above Schneiderlin on current form for me. Lovely little player
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 21, 2017, 05:50:30 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Davies is good but he can't do what Morgan's job.

Davies, Schneiderlin, Gueye in a 3 for me at the min.

Or Davies RWB.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 21, 2017, 06:01:05 PM
Reply #3

Gary1878

Pickford
         Keane Jags Williams
Martina                          Baines
    Davies Schneiderlein Gana
               Rooney
                 DCL

I would go with this. I think Wingbacks will provide more width, and will utilise Martina's attacking ability without exposing him too much in defence. The midfield has a lot of energy and bite to it, whilst DCL has to play up top. The key problem remains that right hand side defensively, but we need to win this game, which is why I would go with Martina over Holgate.

September 21, 2017, 06:06:25 PM
Reply #4

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
do we really need 2 DMs at home against lower opposition?
I have to return some videotapes.

September 21, 2017, 06:07:19 PM
Reply #5

BlueForYou

Pickford
Martina
Keane
Williams
Baines
Davies
Schneiderlin
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Rooney
Calvert-Lewin

Bench: Stek, Holgate, Jags, Vlasic, Klaassen, Lookman, Sandro
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 21, 2017, 07:03:19 PM
Reply #6

Rhys

I think he will go with;

Pickford

Martina Keane Jags Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Gueye

Rooney                  Sigurdsson

DCL

September 21, 2017, 07:18:27 PM
Reply #7

Realist

do we really need 2 DMs at home against lower opposition?

No I agree it's too defensive

Pickford

Kenny.     Fatty.    Keane.    Baines

Gana.

Vlasic/Lennon.            Lookman

Sigurdsson

DCL.             Rooney

Surely that's got enough to beat Bournemouth?

September 21, 2017, 09:52:11 PM
Reply #8

Rodenplav64

21 goals in the last 5 meetings . Got 0-0 written all over it .

September 21, 2017, 10:09:50 PM
Reply #9

.Matty

Quite a few spare tickets available on Stubhub for low prices. My mate is trying to sell one in the LB for 30. He's got no chance

September 21, 2017, 10:16:48 PM
Reply #10

kramer0

I'm still not sure what our best eleven is but I think we're starting to see bits and pieces of what works. Assorted thoughts:

Back Four: Holgate or Kenny at RB. An absolute no to Martina unless [*shudders*] he's the only choice.

Back Five: Martina or Kenny at RWB. I'd like to see more of Holgate at RCB in this system.

With both Gana/Schneiderlin in midfield: Only one of Rooney/Sigurdsson/Klaassen should be on the pitch (unless it's a rare match where Rooney can play CF or drift in from the wing effectively).

With only one of Gana/Schneiderlin in midfield: We haven't seen it yet but I think you can get away with having two of Rooney/Sigurdsson/Klaassen playing centrally. Sigurdsson has played CM in a 4-4-2 for Iceland and Klaassen, by all accounts, played more of a box-to-box role for Ajax. With that said, you probably want Davies on the pitch.

Wide areas: Sigurdsson and Calvert-Lewin are not wingers and shouldn't play there, unless it's an emergency situation. You can get away with Rooney drifting in from the wing as long as he has adequate defensive protection behind him (i.e. not Martina). We look best with players who can actually run - like Sandro, Vlasic, Lookman, and Lennon - in the wide areas (who would've thought?).

Centre forward: At this point, Calvert-Lewin has earned the right to start. Rooney will be useful against teams that let us advance the ball into the final third easily and challenge us to break them down when we get there (basically just the home leg against Split so far). It'll be interesting to see if Niasse gets any more game time. Sandro can't play CF until he shows a willingness to actually run in behind the defense.

I really hope Koeman learns from what hasn't worked so far. Yes, Chelsea/Spurs/United are good teams capable of hammering anybody, but I think we could have at least made things difficult for them if we had provided any sort of threat, which you don't really get with slow players like Sigurdsson and Rooney drifting around in front of predictable midfield passers. We went out with no way of keeping the ball, which meant that it was always coming back at us, and you can only hold off a top opponent for so long like that. The City lineup only worked because Calvert-Lewin helped drag us out of danger every once in awhile with his runs into the channels.

Bournemouth are an athletic team and despite being a little over-aggressive at times, they have all the qualities to punish a slow, predictable opponent. I'll be disappointed if we get another Sigurdsson + Rooney + two DMs lineup for this one but, given the players rested mid-week, I fear that's exactly what we're going to see.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:49:05 PM by kramer0 »

September 21, 2017, 10:23:49 PM
Reply #11

SANA_DR0

I think he will go with;

Pickford

Martina Keane Jags Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Gueye

Rooney                  Sigurdsson

DCL

I also think that is the team Koeman will go with, such a shit team as this season has shown.. we will struggle to attack and be killed by The Cherries.
We need something similar to the other night, youth that arent' afraid to attack.
Would be a perfect match to introduce Kenny to the Premier league.
We deffinately dont need 2 holding midfielders, let alone 3!! If we are to play 3, i'd want Siggy or Klaassen alongside the 2 defensive minded ones.. no point having 3 combative midfielders, Davies and Gana Gueye are playing much better than Schneiderlin.

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Keane Baines

Vlasic  Gana  Davies  Mirralas (or Lookman)

Rooney(or Siggy)
                       DCL

We cant kill the momentum/confidence we got from the Sunderland match by playing the same players that have failed to do anything this year, Hope Koeman is confident/brave enough to play the players on form, in their correct positions.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 22, 2017, 12:32:58 AM
Reply #12

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 22, 2017, 02:25:18 AM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

I'm still not sure what our best eleven is but I think we're starting to see bits and pieces of what works. Assorted thoughts:

Back Four: Holgate or Kenny at RB. An absolute no to Martina unless [*shudders*] he's the only choice.

Back Five: Martina or Kenny at RWB. I'd like to see more of Holgate at RCB in this system.

With both Gana/Schneiderlin in midfield: Only one of Rooney/Sigurdsson/Klaassen should be on the pitch (unless it's a rare match where Rooney can play CF or drift in from the wing effectively).

With only one of Gana/Schneiderlin in midfield: We haven't seen it yet but I think you can get away with having two of Rooney/Sigurdsson/Klaassen playing centrally. Sigurdsson has played CM in a 4-4-2 for Iceland and Klaassen, by all accounts, played more of a box-to-box role for Ajax. With that said, you probably want Davies on the pitch.

Wide areas: Sigurdsson and Calvert-Lewin are not wingers and shouldn't play there, unless it's an emergency situation. You can get away with Rooney drifting in from the wing as long as he has adequate defensive protection behind him (i.e. not Martina). We look best with players who can actually run - like Sandro, Vlasic, Lookman, and Lennon - in the wide areas (who would've thought?).

Centre forward: At this point, Calvert-Lewin has earned the right to start. Rooney will be useful against teams that let us advance the ball into the final third easily and challenge us to break them down when we get there (basically just the home leg against Split so far). It'll be interesting to see if Niasse gets any more game time. Sandro can't play CF until he shows a willingness to actually run in behind the defense.

I really hope Koeman learns from what hasn't worked so far. Yes, Chelsea/Spurs/United are good teams capable of hammering anybody, but I think we could have at least made things difficult for them if we had provided any sort of threat, which you don't really get with slow players like Sigurdsson and Rooney drifting around in front of predictable midfield passers. We went out with no way of keeping the ball, which meant that it was always coming back at us, and you can only hold off a top opponent for so long like that. The City lineup only worked because Calvert-Lewin helped drag us out of danger every once in awhile with his runs into the channels.

Bournemouth are an athletic team and despite being a little over-aggressive at times, they have all the qualities to punish a slow, predictable opponent. I'll be disappointed if we get another Sigurdsson + Rooney + two DMs lineup for this one but, given the players rested mid-week, I fear that's exactly what we're going to see.

Feeling ill and under the weather.

Settled back with a plate of samosas, tomato sauce and the Lidl version of Stella and reading through NSNO and come across a @kramer0 mammoth post.

Feeling great again now. Life is good   :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 22, 2017, 02:41:16 AM
Reply #14

sam of the south

Pickford
        Kenny Keane Williams Holgate
             Davies Gana Klaassen
               Vlasic DCL Rooney
Subs: Stekelenburg, Baines, Jagielka, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Lookman, Sandro

It won't be, though.

It will probably be..

Pickford