November 18, 2017, 04:25:27 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Bournemouth Saturday 3pm  (Read 9398 times)

September 23, 2017, 11:16:02 PM
Reply #630

duncandisorderly

Made up for Niasse, I've never been a fan by the way and always thought we could do a lot better, but fuck me he kept his head down and deserves his chance. If he can score us 10 goals this season he will be more than worth his place in the squad for a long time.

September 23, 2017, 11:16:18 PM
Reply #631

Macca77

All them number 10s we've bought and id honestly have barkley above all of them

Yes, yes and thrice yes

September 23, 2017, 11:17:14 PM
Reply #632

Major Clanger

Historically, he is a threat in the box. That is actually his main strength, going off his previous years.

Fair enough. Though historically I'm a decent sprinter too. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 23, 2017, 11:17:26 PM
Reply #633

Ridge

September 23, 2017, 11:20:27 PM
Reply #634

blue1948

Yello. In Finnish it's "Mitä vittua?" WTF.

That's about it. Long may it last!
Oletko sinä suomalainen?

September 23, 2017, 11:21:26 PM
Reply #635

Ross

Whenever someone pulls on the blue shirt I want them to do well. They do well, Everton do well :)

That doesn't mean we can't debate how good a player is or isn't, does it?

Just making sure you saw it Amo
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 23, 2017, 11:21:30 PM
Reply #636

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Not quite how it works in this case but I do take your point.

That example would be like saying Rooney is a great goal scorer, historically.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 23, 2017, 11:21:41 PM
Reply #637

Evertonian in NC

I was impressed at how well Niasse competed for that header in the box, given how slight he is.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 23, 2017, 11:21:58 PM
Reply #638

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

To be fair it's hard to get in the box when there are three of you in the same position. One of Sigurddsson, Rooney and Klaassen shouldn't be on the pitch each game, obviously Klaassen looks the obvious one right now but it would be interesting to see what he could do with space to move into.

September 23, 2017, 11:23:59 PM
Reply #639

toffee_scot

Again, delighted for Niasse today, he took his chances and helped secure the victory.

Very strange game, the lineup at the beginning suggested that Koeman hadn't learnt many lessons from the last month, I'm getting quite sick and tired of seeing Sigurdsson and Rooney having to start in the same team. Some credit does have to go to Koeman though for making the correct substitutions and finally having the balls to sub off Wayne Rooney - Niasse got the goals, Davies got the assists and while I was scratching my head at first regarding Kenny, he defended well and got forward, I'd be happy if he was picked ahead of Martina from now on.

I'm more optimistic that we do currently have the players to push on and grab more points, however I still need convincing regarding whether Koeman is really the right manager for the job, I'm already very nervous at the thought of his teamsheet for the next game.

September 23, 2017, 11:24:49 PM
Reply #640

Faceatthefence

I still think Niasse is a very poor footballer, but he's evidently a good finisher. And what we need now is exactly a good finisher, so good on him.
For those old enough,the great Allan Clarke did jack outside the box but was a legend in it.He,s what we need,give the lad his chances and he will get goals for us.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 23, 2017, 11:24:53 PM
Reply #641

eyesalwaysblue

Koeman gets a talk on his way of looking at things.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 23, 2017, 11:25:13 PM
Reply #642

TerryFeckWit

September 23, 2017, 11:25:22 PM
Reply #643

blue1948

LOL
Koeman was overjoyed, or he would have said 'But OK, I didnt prepare for Bournemouth, they're a much better team than us, i should have played 8 defensive players'

He was overjoyed as knew he wouldnt be sacked. but his team/formation/style is still fucking shocking for one of the highest paid managers in the world. How many games this season has his original team been totally wrong? having to make subs to sort out the inbalance.. but some plonkers on here cant see that we are dreadful, just that we played 4 of the top 6.
Do you really believe the shit you write ? Many new signings ,4 of the hardest teams to beat for our start to the season  , do you think we should be up there at the top ?

September 23, 2017, 11:26:10 PM
Reply #644

Simon Paul

Administrator
20 decent minutes after the players we all wanted on the pitch actually came in