December 15, 2017, 10:03:10 PM

Author Topic: Amo with Joe Royle  (Read 1277 times)

September 22, 2017, 11:58:47 PM
Read 1277 times

Macca77

Loving this

http://www.blueheartbluesoul.com/video-joe-royle-and-daniel-amokachi.html

deCoubertin

September 23, 2017, 12:01:29 AM
Reply #1

duncandisorderly

Love that, what a nice lad Amo is

September 23, 2017, 02:03:31 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Lovely stuff.

Loved Joe's "I've always had affection for the great country of Africa" too  lolol

September 23, 2017, 02:29:46 AM
Reply #3

Cozzie

Good stuff.

Still one of my favorite moments when he defied Joes orders and just brought himself on in the semi and scored twice.

It's a real shame the board blocked the transfer of Tore andre flo at the end of the 1995-96 season, Royle would have taken us places.

September 23, 2017, 03:33:46 AM
Reply #4

Macca77

The way he still calls Royle boss

Fin Farm  lolol

September 23, 2017, 03:37:49 AM
Reply #5

Macca77

Good stuff.

Still one of my favorite moments when he defied Joes orders and just brought himself on in the semi and scored twice.

It's a real shame the board blocked the transfer of Tore andre flo at the end of the 1995-96 season, Royle would have taken us places.

We beat Derby away on a rainy late November night, Barmby got the winner in the last minute, took us to 3rd or 4th in the league, people were saying we were dark horses for the title, then we went on a horrendous run, think it was 7 straight defeats, everything went wrong all of a sudden

September 23, 2017, 03:39:03 AM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We beat Derby away on a rainy late November night, Barmby got the winner in the last minute, took us to 3rd or 4th in the league, people were saying we were dark horses for the title, then we went on a horrendous run, think it was 7 straight defeats, everything went wrong all of a sudden
Joe parkinson got injured if I remember correctly

Simply simply lovely

September 23, 2017, 03:43:52 AM
Reply #7

Macca77

Lost 6 on the bounce, ended thd season with Dave Watson as manager

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996%E2%80%9397_Everton_F.C._season

September 23, 2017, 03:48:29 AM
Reply #8

Tony Clifton

Good stuff.

The Nigel Martyn "transfer" too.  What an absolutely horrendous bag of cunts Peter Johnson was.

September 23, 2017, 04:12:13 AM
Reply #9

Cozzie

The Nigel Martyn "transfer" too.  What an absolutely horrendous bag of cunts Peter Johnson was.

Absolute cunt. Fell appart when Kanchelskis left. Real shame. Team had a wonderful blend of doggid defenders and combative midfielders mixed with flair.

Missed opportunity but then again that's the story of Everton in general.

September 23, 2017, 04:14:43 AM
Reply #10

Cozzie

Remember that.

We begun the 1996/97 season brilliantly, Newcastle opening day, Sheff wed and I think we beat Southampton 7-1.

That was back in the day of no transfer window and Kanchelskis went to Fiorentina and Joe left soon after, real shame Johnson was there, we had something good with Joe, not just that he was unbeaten against the shite.

September 23, 2017, 04:26:15 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
First Everton player I saw score in the flesh. Well not really saw, because everyone stood up and I missed it, but I was there.

I made a little sign before the FA cup final that said 'Amo is our Ammo' and bluetacked it up in my mum and dads bedroom because that faced the street. It was only a4 so I doubt anyone could read it, and my house was on a one sided street with a field on the end so I doubt it got much foot traffic.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:47:46 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 23, 2017, 05:40:23 AM
Reply #12

The Analog Kid

Joe parkinson got injured if I remember correctly

Never came back after it, if I remember correctly?

September 23, 2017, 05:41:54 AM
Reply #13

The Analog Kid

Remember that.

We begun the 1996/97 season brilliantly, Newcastle opening day, Sheff wed and I think we beat Southampton 7-1.

That was back in the day of no transfer window and Kanchelskis went to Fiorentina and Joe left soon after, real shame Johnson was there, we had something good with Joe, not just that he was unbeaten against the shite.

7-1 was Barmby’s debut wasn’t it?

September 23, 2017, 06:52:40 AM
Reply #14

bluestevie

7-1 was Barmby’s debut wasn’t it?

Not his debut, that was a few games before, did score his first goal that day though (number 6 if I remember right)
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson