December 15, 2017, 01:09:56 AM

Author Topic: Robbie Savage says we're all mental  (Read 983 times)

September 23, 2017, 04:04:46 PM
Read 983 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-fans-calling-ronald-koeman-11220741

well, not all of us

deCoubertin

September 23, 2017, 04:11:04 PM
Reply #1

eyesalwaysblue

Was he in football in some way?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 23, 2017, 04:42:27 PM
Reply #2

goodtouchforabigman

Fuck me, I never thought I'd see the day I agree with Robbie Savage. Not that we're all mental just the bit about it being a bit ridiculous to be calling for Koemans to be sacked after we are a point worse off from playing the last teams last after selling our main goal scorer and trying to bed in 6 new players against arguably the 4 best teams in the country.

If you think we're pissed off how do you think Koeman feels. He clearly also saw the obvious need for a centre forward and centre back. The 2 things that would make a massive difference to this team. With the current structure it's not his fault we didn't get them players.

He's not perfect but I certainly don't think we should want him sacked after 4 games against Chelsea, City, Utd and Spurs.

September 23, 2017, 05:01:37 PM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

Ok that's fair enough that it is too early to sack him. But I wonder though what Savage has made of Koeman's tactics this season.

September 23, 2017, 05:03:54 PM
Reply #4

SANA_DR0

Fuck me, I never thought I'd see the day I agree with Robbie Savage. Not that we're all mental just the bit about it being a bit ridiculous to be calling for Koemans to be sacked after we are a point worse off from playing the last teams last after selling our main goal scorer and trying to bed in 6 new players against arguably the 4 best teams in the country.

If you think we're pissed off how do you think Koeman feels. He clearly also saw the obvious need for a centre forward and centre back. The 2 things that would make a massive difference to this team. With the current structure it's not his fault we didn't get them players.

He's not perfect but I certainly don't think we should want him sacked after 4 games against Chelsea, City, Utd and Spurs.

Koeman only feels one way... and that is 'But OK'.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 23, 2017, 05:05:42 PM
Reply #5

Macca77

He hasn't been the same since he had to hair cut

September 23, 2017, 05:19:57 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

The article is a pile of shite. I don't think koeman should be sacked but the discontent is because we've been utterly dreadful not because koeman hasn't won the league

September 23, 2017, 05:26:33 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Typical outsider looking in. Checks the scores, maybe watches a few highlights and thinks that's enough to qualify a judgement.

Of course he shouldn't get sacked but he shouldn't think we're doing alright either.

September 23, 2017, 05:31:48 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

Typical outsider looking in. Checks the scores, maybe watches a few highlights and thinks that's enough to qualify a judgement.

Of course he shouldn't get sacked but he shouldn't think we're doing alright either.

I think you're being too kind. The article is an out and out lie. The whole thing implies we want him sacked because we aren't yet a top 4 club or winning things. It's a complete untruth. He's either retarded or purposely misleading

September 23, 2017, 05:33:26 PM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

Mental?

No brainer, really
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2017, 05:48:27 PM
Reply #10

ally2

I know a lot are disgruntled. I'm not. But anyway I don't recall anyone seriously asking for him to be sacked.

September 23, 2017, 06:05:07 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

The Atalanta thing is what he glosses over, and he shouldn't.  That is really, really worrying.

And if you say the 0-4 result at Old Trafford wasn't really deserved, then you have to similarly acknowledge that Chelsea and Spurs beat us more soundly than 2-0 and 3-0 scorelines would indicate.

You have to be consistently objective or subjective if you want to look at the goal differential like that.  I like objectivity because the outliers usually balance out.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 23, 2017, 06:06:15 PM
Reply #12

arteta4spain

What annoys me is the perspective that well we should accept where we are and how we've been. Yes we've played against arguably the 4 title contenders. It's like Savage is saying we should accept mediocrity. I know that we would have to spend a lot more to be taken notice for the title, but teams that would be seen as "below" us in the league have performed better than we have.
Just feel he's being a troll to us. It's at times like this when fans think that the media have an agenda.
I don't think they do but it does make you wonder....

September 23, 2017, 06:10:35 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

What annoys me is the perspective that well we should accept where we are and how we've been. Yes we've played against arguably the 4 title contenders. It's like Savage is saying we should accept mediocrity. I know that we would have to spend a lot more to be taken notice for the title, but teams that would be seen as "below" us in the league have performed better than we have.
Just feel he's being a troll to us. It's at times like this when fans think that the media have an agenda.
I don't think they do but it does make you wonder....

Oh, there's definitely a "troll job" element.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 23, 2017, 06:42:32 PM
Reply #14

BlueBeagle

And if you say the 0-4 result at Old Trafford wasn't really deserved, then you have to similarly acknowledge that Chelsea and Spurs beat us more soundly than 2-0 and 3-0 scorelines would indicate.

Very good point that