December 16, 2017, 12:57:33 PM

Author Topic: Can we move forward without Koeman accepting summer transfer mistakes?  (Read 433 times)

September 23, 2017, 11:15:20 PM
Read 433 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
When we play with a lineup that shoehorns in the summer recruits we don't look anywhere near as effective as utilizing some of the players we already had on our books.

I think Koeman is practical enough (as seen with the subs today) that he will change things. It must be very hard to drop 80% of our summer recruits to the bench though.

deCoubertin

September 23, 2017, 11:31:54 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

Good teams often find their best formation by mistake

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2017, 11:33:24 PM
Reply #2

Heisenberg

Recruitment under him bar gueye and pickford has been terrible.

The most baffling of them all though has got to be klassen. Really don't get where he fits in. All these number 10s and he's trying to play 433. Madness

September 23, 2017, 11:36:15 PM
Reply #3

Faceatthefence

We need to get back firstly to Davies starting,either Rooney or Klassen need to sit it out.Koemans arse has just been saved by a guy who,s had his neck shit down and he needs to give a blank canvas to everyone,instead of his stubborn im from Barca arrogance.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 23, 2017, 11:40:26 PM
Reply #4

BlueForYou

Koeman brought him back, Koeman brought him on

Koeman deserves credit
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2017, 11:43:11 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think you can call them mistakes yet. Their performances are a result of a poor system for me.

September 23, 2017, 11:47:58 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think you can call them mistakes yet. Their performances are a result of a poor system for me.

I wasn't trying to write them off as players, more that we signed a bunch of players and there is a pressure to play them but they shouldn't all be shoehorned in.

September 23, 2017, 11:49:31 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I wasn't trying to write them off as players, more that we signed a bunch of players and there is a pressure to play them but they shouldn't all be shoehorned in.

Yes I would agree with that. I don't know why they are being shoehorned either. We are still in all the cups. There are enough games to rotate them all.

September 23, 2017, 11:52:58 PM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman brought him back, Koeman brought him on

Koeman deserves credit

The key is, does he stick with the decisions that give us balance or are we going to be back to square pegs next game?

I think he will start leaning away from playing all the new signings, it just can't come soon enough for me.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:54:59 PM by blueToffee »