November 22, 2017, 10:37:05 PM

Author Topic: Nonsense about kids not being ready  (Read 2416 times)

September 23, 2017, 11:16:33 PM
Read 2416 times

Shogun

Administrator
It was said last season about Tom Davies and it's been said this season about Jonjoe Kenny.

It's been shown to be absolutely shite.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

September 23, 2017, 11:20:02 PM
Reply #1

The Analog Kid

You only have to look at the achievements of the U23s to see what weve got coming through.

September 23, 2017, 11:20:12 PM
Reply #2

stirlingblue

Whilst I would like more kids to play, I'm not sure you can say that after a game at home to Bournemouth when we're throwing bodies forward.

The risk with youngsters is a lapse in concentration or the crowd getting on their back, which aren't dangers in the environment that they came on it today

September 23, 2017, 11:21:26 PM
Reply #3

mikey_blue

I think certain types of kids need to be eased into the team. You don't want to break their confidence too early. Tom Davies though. He's ready to start every game. He'll be rocking the armband in a few years. He's on a whole other level to some of the kids his age.

September 23, 2017, 11:23:09 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but then you have Holgate in his natural position having a bit of a mare. Don't get me wrong if they are playing well you play them but there's no right or wrong in keeping them in reserve either.

September 23, 2017, 11:23:16 PM
Reply #5

Realist

If you're good enough you're old enough, I'm made up Kenny has looked good when he's played it means there's no reason to start Cuco the clown at RB

September 23, 2017, 11:25:30 PM
Reply #6

mikey_blue

If you're good enough you're old enough, I'm made up Kenny has looked good when he's played it means there's no reason to start Cuco the clown at RB

Especially with the likes of Spurs and Liverpool using their younger players and full-back. Get them in the game, maybe give their senior counterparts a kick up the arse too.

September 23, 2017, 11:32:19 PM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but then you have Holgate in his natural position having a bit of a mare. Don't get me wrong if they are playing well you play them but there's no right or wrong in keeping them in reserve either.

Not sure Holgate is as good as we seem to think.

September 23, 2017, 11:33:10 PM
Reply #8

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You could argue that Holgate is not ready. Two massive errors costing goals in different games when he has played his preferred position.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 23, 2017, 11:33:53 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure Holgate is as good as we seem to think.

I still think he'll be very good but worried the longer he doesn't get a run at centre back, the more he will struggle. If we have injuries now he may well get a chance to shine. I don't think having Martina next to him did him any favours at all today.

September 23, 2017, 11:36:32 PM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I still think he'll be very good but worried the longer he doesn't get a run at centre back, the more he will struggle. If we have injuries now he may well get a chance to shine. I don't think having Martina next to him did him any favours at all today.

That's true.

Coleman and Keane/Jags alongside him would benefit him greatly.

September 23, 2017, 11:39:13 PM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

That's true.

Coleman and Keane/Jags alongside him would benefit him greatly.

I think more Coleman to honest. It was not having an outlet to his right that was the issue, nothing that Williams was doing.

September 23, 2017, 11:40:08 PM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think more Coleman to honest. It was not having an outlet to his right that was the issue, nothing that Williams was doing.

Williams was awful again and to blame for the goal.

September 23, 2017, 11:40:44 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

Davies starts for me, he reminds me of Jack Wiltshire when he was the bestest young English player ever

September 23, 2017, 11:41:50 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You have to say it would be better if the older pros were ready, or capable because then you could bring the youth through at your own pace and by the end of year why're getting plenty of footy but the weight doesn't rest on their shoulders.

You spend 150m in the summer and your team spine is made of largely academy players who are U23 it is just too much responsibility to ask them to play a full year.

That said, needs must and DCL, Kenny and Davies have to play.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.