November 20, 2017, 01:52:25 PM

Author Topic: Nonsense about kids not being ready  (Read 2380 times)

September 23, 2017, 11:41:51 PM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

Williams was awful again and to blame for the goal.

How was he at fault? A couple of stray passes aside I though he looked ok.

deCoubertin

September 23, 2017, 11:42:01 PM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Williams was awful again and to blame for the goal.

Williams frustrates me because he can have 60 minutes were I think he is great but it's like he isn't capable of a 90 minute performance nowadays.

September 23, 2017, 11:43:08 PM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
How was he at fault? A couple of stray passes aside I though he looked ok.

I'm only playing. Didn't even see the goal because obstructed view :(

September 23, 2017, 11:43:27 PM
Reply #18

BlueBeagle

Bit hysterical this thread isn't it?

Davies has had chances this year but looked pretty poor, this last week aside.

Kenny came on and did well in a team that had their tails up against a tiring Bournemouth that were on the ropes showing very little attacking threat. Plus he started in the week so was given a go then too.

One thing that can't be levelled at Koeman during his time here is that he's not willing to give youngsters a chance.

September 23, 2017, 11:43:56 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

I'm only playing. Didn't even see the goal because obstructed view :(

Haha, ok. It was Holgate at fault for the goal, fyi :)

September 23, 2017, 11:44:58 PM
Reply #20

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Davies starts for me, he reminds me of Jack Wiltshire when he was the bestest young English player ever

For future reference it's Wilshere

I do Like Wiltshire ham though 😃
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 23, 2017, 11:45:35 PM
Reply #21

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Bit hysterical this thread isn't it?

Davies has had chances this year but looked pretty poor, this last week aside.

Kenny came on and did well in a team that had their tails up against a tiring Bournemouth that were on the ropes showing very little attacking threat. Plus he started in the week so was given a go then too.

One thing that can't be levelled at Koeman during his time here is that he's not willing to give youngsters a chance.

Kenny came on when we were down 1-0 and looking useless
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 23, 2017, 11:47:33 PM
Reply #22

griff969

With the U23's carrying on the success of last season, even with so many out on loan too, we have a real wealth of talent to call on. RK needs to be selecting sides on merit. If that means he puts one of the homegrown in and benching one of his signings then so be it.

Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

September 24, 2017, 12:01:00 AM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

Whilst I would like more kids to play, I'm not sure you can say that after a game at home to Bournemouth when we're throwing bodies forward.

The risk with youngsters is a lapse in concentration or the crowd getting on their back, which aren't dangers in the environment that they came on it today

As opposed to the lapses made by Williams, Jags and Martina this season? oh and Rooney.. so many times in games he's played the ball backwards with out looking, giving it to the opposition.

Not sure Holgate is as good as we seem to think.

With a solid run in defence next to Keane and a decent Right back, he will be fine, He's good at playing the ball out, long or short, doesnt make as many mistakes as Williams.. He needs to get use to the CB position, playing with players who make mistakes is not going to help him.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:02:03 AM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 24, 2017, 12:35:05 AM
Reply #24

stirlingblue

As opposed to the lapses made by Williams, Jags and Martina this season? oh and Rooney.. so many times in games he's played the ball backwards with out looking, giving it to the opposition.

I'm not talking about the risk from an in-game point of view, more the risk that it knocks their confidence and gets the crowd on their back.

Rooney is a seasoned pro, he's not going to let a mistake or the crowd change his game at this point in his career. Same for Williams, Jags and Martina.

What you don't want is an attacking fullback like Kenny coming on, screwing up and then playing within himself going forward.

September 24, 2017, 12:41:56 AM
Reply #25

Macca77

For future reference it's Wilshere

I do Like Wiltshire ham though 😃

So its a silent t then, interesting

September 24, 2017, 12:43:53 AM
Reply #26

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
So its a silent t then, interesting

More of an invisible T 😂
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 24, 2017, 12:48:54 AM
Reply #27

pedrotheblue

Not convinced that Holgate has the physical  stature to be a top CB, still only young though so might fill out a bit.

DCL AND Davies doing their cause no harm at all.

September 24, 2017, 01:26:34 AM
Reply #28

gizzblue

Nice to see people finally getting on the Kenny wagon as well as other youngsters ....koeman needs a fucking wake up ...we ooze youth talent just need a couple seasoned pro's younger than  fucking  Rooney(sub at best now) to get the best team we've had in decades .

September 24, 2017, 01:43:27 AM
Reply #29

ally2

Football fan cliche about bringing on the kids.  I suppose this is another pop at Koeman because it fits an agenda.  The reality is that he brought kids through and they have done well.  You could equally argue that he chose the perfect time to introduce them because they have in the main done really well.  It could have been that if he brought them in earlier that they might not have been ready and it could have set them back.  Or it could be that they were rready earlier.  Nobody will ever know.