November 23, 2017, 11:53:44 AM

Author Topic: Nonsense about kids not being ready  (Read 2430 times)

September 24, 2017, 01:50:55 AM
Reply #30

Toddacelli

I think one of the problems is how many new players we've brought in.

People saying that Koeman is stubborn and wanting to play players he's brought in. Fair enough, that's part of the picture - he does have to justify his position after all - but he is still trying out all these new players to see who fits where, who gets an understanding with who.

I really want to see Lookman get some more time on the pitch. I think he's at the point where regular late-game cameos will really help him.
I really like the look of Vlasic - cheeky little signing. He looks very strong, composed, experienced and mature for such a young lad.
I am desperate to see more of Sandro - he has a greatly promising pedigree and I believe with regular game time he can really grow into this league. His control, movement and fast feet show occasional glimpses that have me dreaming we're unearthing the next Aguero.
I am excited that we have the captain of Europa finalists Ajax in the team who has a record of popping up with important goals.
The Sigurdsson saga was dragged out long enough to remove most of the excitement but we have signed a very decent player and i'd really like to see how he is once he's settled and doing well.
I also really love all the things Rooney brings - experience, leadship, presence, goals - and I can't help but think that when the rest of the team has the confidence not to rely on him all the time it will be liberating for him to be able to do his own role well, rather than trying to do everything for everyone all the time.

The point is - we have so many players to bed in and it takes time. The amount of players we've bought, plus the amount of promising youngsters we have, plus the key players we have coming back from injury in the next few months tell me that this could take all season to become coherant.

With any new signings in January to come - this could seriously be 2 seasons worth of finding our feet and a system that works.

The bigger question, I think, is this - would a better manager get this done quicker and more successfully?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

September 24, 2017, 04:03:22 AM
Reply #31

terrydarracotsbaldpate

What age is Rashford he seems ready

September 24, 2017, 04:18:22 AM
Reply #32

EVERTON 66

I mentioned in another thread that Kenny n lookman should be playing regularly in this team I got laughed at don't think they r laughing so much now !!

September 24, 2017, 04:19:01 AM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

It helps that he's already brilliant.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 24, 2017, 01:31:23 PM
Reply #34

eyesalwaysblue

Davies not just ready he's fuckin vital, good time to blood Kenny nothing to lose until Seamus is back, DCL thrown off his Bamby legs ready to start all important games now, not sure about Lookman yet was being knocked off too easy, but may have strengthened up hope we will be finding out soon, if it's at the expense of some of the "superstar" signings that's fine.
     Still time for the manager to manage well... we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:33:32 PM by eyesalwaysblue »
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 24, 2017, 01:54:47 PM
Reply #35

Paddockoldie

Not sure Holgate is as good as we seem to think.

I think the physicality of playing CB is where Holgate struggles, besides some positional and decision making. Out field I think they can show other qualities. Davies is ready and I'd rather we have Kenny at RB. I think Dowell will be ready next season. No need for us to panic.... this is Everton and I've been around long enough to know we bounce back eventually. Before we became champions we played some shite at times. But the kids, if good enough should get a shot.

September 24, 2017, 02:01:27 PM
Reply #36

BlueBeagle

How the fuck is that even slightly relevant?

Rooney was ready at 16, that doesn't mean that every player in the world is good to go at that age.

September 24, 2017, 03:21:33 PM
Reply #37

Macca77

Kenny reminds me of a young Baines, bombing it up and down the wing

September 24, 2017, 03:44:57 PM
Reply #38

GrantyBoy78

Not sure Holgate is as good as we seem to think.
He’s still a kid and needs games to learn and get the mistakes out of his system. There’s a reason the likes of Mourinho wouldn’t have a kid anywhere near the centre of defence.

September 24, 2017, 03:51:53 PM
Reply #39

GrantyBoy78

Kenny reminds me of a young Baines, bombing it up and down the wing
I’ve been calling for him to be in the team and I hope he starts from now until Coleman is back. I just worry that there’s a glaring reason Koeman hasn’t played him and if it was to get exposed then he fans would get on his back. I’ve said before - if he looked like Cafu in training, he’d be on the team. I hope when the youthful enthusiasm and adrenaline wear off it’s not a case of ‘ahhhh, so he’s a fucking dreadful at X, that’s why he couldn’t get in the team’.

Yes, this is a veiled reference at Luke Garbutt.

September 24, 2017, 04:04:39 PM
Reply #40

BlueNoseMike

He got a slice of luck with the fact that United were so depleted with injuries at the time. He then took his chance and then last season was in and out of the team when United had more experienced players available.

Everyone can bash Koeman as much as they want. But they can't bash him for giving youngsters a chance.

Last season teenagers played over 2,000 minutes combined for us in the premier league. Apart from United (1924) no other team played teenagers for more than 500 minutes combined. On top of that Koeman wasn't afraid to play kids when required (Pennington, Holgate was 20 by October last year).

Just think it's easy look for things to have a go at Koeman for and because some of the experienced players are struggling all of a sudden Koeman needs to play the kids and doesn't give them a chance.

Like I say, bash him for inept tactics, team shape, signings. But to have a go about giving youngsters a chance is a tad unfair. IMO of course

September 24, 2017, 04:53:42 PM
Reply #41

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I’ve been calling for him to be in the team and I hope he starts from now until Coleman is back. I just worry that there’s a glaring reason Koeman hasn’t played him and if it was to get exposed then he fans would get on his back. I’ve said before - if he looked like Cafu in training, he’d be on the team. I hope when the youthful enthusiasm and adrenaline wear off it’s not a case of ‘ahhhh, so he’s a fucking dreadful at X, that’s why he couldn’t get in the team’.

Yes, this is a veiled reference at Luke Garbutt.

I suspect that he was hesitant to start Kenny due to having bought Martina, preferring to stick with a player he knows rather than risk a debut starter. The fact that he was kept and not sent on loan, and having captained the U23 always suggested he was the next to break through, but with Holgate playing a bit he was properly concerned at putting too much pressure and possibly setting Kenny's development back if it all went wrong.

I'm pleased that the first 'should be winning' game since Stoke gave Kenny his chance. Hopefully Martina's injury will allow Kenny to play a bit more in the next few games and show he's worthy of being first choice until Seamus returns. I think Kenny has the potential to be great, and has only been held back in comparison to Davies due to his position. Midfielders can afford more mistakes than defenders. Holgate gets in because of his prior experience.

The whole thing about not playing kids because they are more likely to make mistakes and get the crowd on their backs is bogus. We have plenty of highly experienced players making silly mistakes and getting it from the crowd. I'm looking at you Ashley, although you are far from alone..

September 24, 2017, 09:17:35 PM
Reply #42

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
That Davies/Kenny/Calvert-Lewin link up near the end was delicious wasn't it

More of that please!

All 3 of them knew exactly where the others were moving/going to be and played the right passes. That u23 set up has definitely helped how some of our squad link up

Our potential below par transfer window has at least led to some opportunities for some of the kids
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 24, 2017, 09:21:00 PM
Reply #43

SANA_DR0

That Davies/Kenny/Calvert-Lewin link up near the end was delicious wasn't it

More of that please!

All 3 of them knew exactly where the others were moving/going to be and played the right passes. That u23 set up has definitely helped how some of our squad link up

Our potential below par transfer window has at least led to some opportunities for some of the kids

been wanting these 3 to start now for a while, always got shat on by nsno posters who assume they know better, but havent even seen these lads play for the under 23s  and rate Koemans signings as better wanting to give them time to gel..

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 24, 2017, 09:31:11 PM
Reply #44

gizzblue

been wanting these 3 to start now for a while, always got shat on by nsno posters who assume they know better, but havent even seen these lads play for the under 23s  and rate Koemans signings as better wanting to give them time to gel..
Unfortunately for some it seems no matter how good they are for the under 23's a lot on here would prefer throwing money left and right for no better than we alredy have ...  most can spot a good player even if the kid is on the park on a Saturday ....others just play fifa way too much .

I mean that's what the academy is for ...future.