November 21, 2017, 02:26:22 PM

Author Topic: Nonsense about kids not being ready  (Read 2399 times)

September 25, 2017, 12:53:10 AM
Reply #60

Lxxx

Using Galloway to stick up for Garbutt lolol

Galloway has done nothing since Baines came back and knocked him out of our first team. From all accounts I've read he couldn't be bothered to play for the U23s after that. I saw how bad he was for WBA and could not argue with him being dropped. Not getting another opportunity did seem harsh, however...

Now on loan at Sunderland and he's been poor there as well, not getting into the team ahead of Matthews who is a terrible player! I saw some of their pre-season and earliest matches, he plays like a Cuco Martina that cannot cross, the version of Brendan that covered Baines in 2015 hasn't been seen since!

I'm not defending the players as they are now but somewhere along the line they showed decent potential in the first team and then lost their way. Just a shame they'll probably never play for us again but at a time when we've been left exposed in that position there were two who we could have maybe developed differently.
However hindsight is a great thing and they may have just not been good enough but we'll never know now.

deCoubertin

September 25, 2017, 07:44:57 AM
Reply #61

Jamokachi

If we had kept Garbutt around at the club...

Growing up, Everton always gave Evertonians a chance to prove themselves.. Evertonians are the best Everton players.. (players coming through the youth system)

Luke Garbutt was signed from Leeds.

September 25, 2017, 08:40:04 PM
Reply #62

formerKHL

young players development is a very delicate subject and is very dependant on the individual themselves. Some players can take a development knock ie: playing up a level then getting dropped back to their own level....some players cant take it and see it as "the club don't fancy me" scenario....the art is then to keep the player "interested"....

some players do not like being loaned out for various reasons and some players jump at the chance.

either way it's how they learn from the experience, take it all on board and use it as a learning/development curve which aides...or hinders their progress through to the first team....