October 22, 2017, 06:08:27 AM

Author Topic: Baines  (Read 3540 times)

September 24, 2017, 06:58:51 AM
Reply #15

bluenuck

He needs replacing. He needed to be phased out probably 1-2 seasons ago.

But the way we are playing now, and who we are playing on the left has made him look a lot worse off then he actually is.

deCoubertin

September 24, 2017, 07:41:45 AM
Reply #16

BlueMaquis

I thought this was a thread about Baines' Baobabs, a cluster of millennia-old baobab trees in the Nxai Pan National Park in Botswana. The site of the baobabs has been dated back to between 105 000 and 128 000 years. Regardless of the infrequent rains, Baines’ Baobabs stand tall (and wide); a landmark and attraction only gaining value and significance as they age. The Nxai Pan National Park has recognized the importance of the Baines Baobabs, and efforts are in place to ensure the protection of these trees in the future.

September 24, 2017, 08:35:30 AM
Reply #17

mikey_blue

I thought this was a thread about Baines' Baobabs, a cluster of millennia-old baobab trees in the Nxai Pan National Park in Botswana. The site of the baobabs has been dated back to between 105 000 and 128 000 years. Regardless of the infrequent rains, Baines' Baobabs stand tall (and wide); a landmark and attraction only gaining value and significance as they age. The Nxai Pan National Park has recognized the importance of the Baines Baobabs, and efforts are in place to ensure the protection of these trees in the future.

Same. Was just about to point out that it was in the wrong forum.

September 24, 2017, 09:12:52 AM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

I think the management know he's on the wane, which is understandable at his age and the amount of games he's played. It's why we were after Kolašinac. It's not an area we're desperate to replace though, so if the quality wasn't available in the market we stick for the time being.

September 24, 2017, 04:14:04 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

He must feel a little frustrated. The prime of his career wasted by having no-one playing on that side of the pitch with him for the past 4 years. At an age where he could have been able to use all his experience he's been wasted trying to hold up the left hand side of the pitch on his own. No wonder his great games have been so few and far between in recent years.

September 24, 2017, 05:07:52 PM
Reply #20

MrWhite

I think Baines is either being asked, or deciding for himself, that he needs to loiter further back to be cover for Williams.

If that's the case, he's not wrong.

Martina's attacking intent (which some are using as evidence that Baines is past it for some bizarre reason) keeps leaving us exposed. Led directly to the goal yesterday, as no-one covered for him while he kept trying to press further forward chasing the ball. That's not to say the goal was his fault, but the lack of cover cost us. Baines is too smart to get caught out like that, and quite possibly doesn't trust other players to cover him. As he continued to show yesterday, he still gets in good crosses when he can get into a forward position. The midfield doesn't like playing him in on the left, despite a regular habit of cross field balls to Martina. And he continues to get across the pitch covering for the rest of the defence.

Past it? He is still easily one of our best players. He is still lacking a decent partner on the left. Sig is either not up to being that player, or is being told to do other things instead. Rooney is capable of being that player, but is trying to play in at least six positions at once..

September 24, 2017, 05:17:15 PM
Reply #21

gizzblue

Anyone saying he's finished is a joke....those same people are the ones saying we have no width ....this is because he's being asked to play two positions lb and lw. ...put a decent player out there with him for more than five mins and we would see his quality all over again .

September 24, 2017, 05:26:03 PM
Reply #22

bogie

So Baines is your new target? 😉

and that would be why members have not been saying anything about him turning into pill nev

left footed cb and left back needed asap both with pace

anyone know how matty folds is looking

September 24, 2017, 06:15:12 PM
Reply #23

mikey_blue

He's not bombing forward because he has nobody to cover for him. Coleman couldn't get forward when Geri was on the pitch.

September 25, 2017, 12:21:13 PM
Reply #24

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's where Barry was great. He would read the game and move into the space vacated by the wing back so we're not left exposed. Gueye or Schneiderling should do the same
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 25, 2017, 02:25:04 PM
Reply #25

Paddockoldie

I love Baines but all players slide over time. Perhaps he doesn't have the support to go for the byeline anymore? It's frustrating that when he's given a pass when he's heading past the half way line he doesn't go for it but passed either back a CB or to where he got it from.. really slows the attack at times. On Sat he was pulled out of position a few times which leaves us open on the left.

September 25, 2017, 03:08:14 PM
Reply #26

Waltzer

I dont know if its just Baines, I think a majority of the back needs replacing, Jags and Williams are prime examples, im still to be totally convinced about Keane and Mori always has an error in him. The only one you can genuinely rely on is Coleman, I just he comes back as the player he was before his injury.
I feel for Koeman to a certain extent as whilst the team was decent when he took over there are so many areas that need an overhaul all at once it cant be easy. In an ideal world you'd want to phase 1 out from each position per year, not the entire back line, or front line as has the prospect of doing

September 25, 2017, 03:10:16 PM
Reply #27

BlueMaquis

The only one you can genuinely rely on is Coleman

Really? I love Seamus but do recall him giving away quite a few penalties in recent years, among other things.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:11:35 PM by BlueMaquis »

September 25, 2017, 03:12:13 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

I dont know if its just Baines, I think a majority of the back needs replacing, Jags and Williams are prime examples, im still to be totally convinced about Keane and Mori always has an error in him. The only one you can genuinely rely on is Coleman, I just he comes back as the player he was before his injury.
I feel for Koeman to a certain extent as whilst the team was decent when he took over there are so many areas that need an overhaul all at once it cant be easy. In an ideal world you'd want to phase 1 out from each position per year, not the entire back line, or front line as has the prospect of doing

Also Holgate doesn't either look ready or quite good enough at this level. Either way we're pretty exposed across the back line.

September 25, 2017, 03:23:02 PM
Reply #29

MmmBlueRamirez

Maybe we should play him in central midfield. Y'know.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama