December 18, 2017, 10:31:13 PM

Author Topic: Baines  (Read 5189 times)

September 26, 2017, 05:00:41 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bertrand.

not a bad shout you know I like him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

September 26, 2017, 05:03:52 AM
Reply #46

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Depends how much we would pay for Bertrand.

He turns 29 at the end of this season (or start of next season) and he's had a couple of injuries over the last couple of years.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 26, 2017, 06:17:50 PM
Reply #47

blue1948

I have no intention of continuing to knock him but Bainsey's crossing is getting poorer by the game .Done .

September 26, 2017, 09:07:38 PM
Reply #48

Faceatthefence

:laugh:
I have no intention of continuing to knock him but Bainsey's crossing is getting poorer by the game .Done .
Luke Garbutts delivery last night was excellent,think he,s got to push on with u23,s this season.Wasted time out on loan,partly through injurys partly him not knuckling down.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 26, 2017, 10:33:57 PM
Reply #49

plumber

He made a few good crosses against Bournemouth. One for DCL was perfect.

His and Cuco's passmaps of that game:

(Green successful, red unsuccessful, yellow key passes)

I honestly can't understand why are we playing down the right all the time when we have Baines and Gylfi on the left. It's mad to think that our main attacking threat is ex-Southampton third-choice full back.

September 26, 2017, 11:23:49 PM
Reply #50

Ravardo

He made a few good crosses against Bournemouth. One for DCL was perfect.

His and Cuco's passmaps of that game:

(Green successful, red unsuccessful, yellow key passes)

I honestly can't understand why are we playing down the right all the time when we have Baines and Gylfi on the left. It's mad to think that our main attacking threat is ex-Southampton third-choice full back.

If you looked at those stats for the man u game he never put one cross in just one cut back,,one of the games i cant remember which we had 3 players on the edge of their area,, baines knocks it forward as if he's gonna cross it and turns and pass's it back which he has done so many times of late its fucking annoying knowing he's actually able to cross the ball

September 26, 2017, 11:49:08 PM
Reply #51

DIXIEDEAN

the reason we use the right more than the left is that cuco actually gets into advanced positions  and makes himself available where baines doesn't, not that cuco does anything with it once there

September 26, 2017, 11:53:24 PM
Reply #52

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Sadly, hes not been the same since his ankle injury. Still has a decent cross on him though, but the free kicks have disappeared.

I think in general we do need more pace down that left side.

September 26, 2017, 11:58:26 PM
Reply #53

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Love a Baines pass on the ground into the box. He's the best in the business at it. Catches out the opposition and buys the receiving player half a second every single time.

October 01, 2017, 07:42:34 AM
Reply #54

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Opta stats for chance creation so far:
DCL 8
Sig, Rooney and Baines all on 7.

October 02, 2017, 08:34:23 PM
Reply #55

JordanianEmbassy

Massively disagree with anyone who thinks Baines is finished. He is still class. The number of times he gets the ball and there is a total lack of blue shirts in front of him is ridiculous. It was doing my head in under Martinez and Koeman hasn't fixed it. On the few occasions he actually has anyone to pass to we look like creating something.

October 02, 2017, 09:08:50 PM
Reply #56

Lxxx

Sadly, he’s not been the same since his ankle injury. Still has a decent cross on him though, but the free kicks have disappeared.

I think in general we do need more pace down that left side.

You think?

October 02, 2017, 10:00:39 PM
Reply #57

SANA_DR0

Massively disagree with anyone who thinks Baines is finished. He is still class. The number of times he gets the ball and there is a total lack of blue shirts in front of him is ridiculous. It was doing my head in under Martinez and Koeman hasn't fixed it. On the few occasions he actually has anyone to pass to we look like creating something.

I agree with this, he just needs some one the left,. who will actually stay infront of him, thats when we will see the best of Baines.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 02, 2017, 10:07:12 PM
Reply #58

Paddockoldie

There's no single reason why he's dipped. It's a combo of less support/ cover in the left. Playing 3 at the back leaves him stranded if he goes up. He's got in to the habit of stalling and passing back, even on a break he doesn't go for the line like he used to. He's safe because who's his competition? He needs pushing for his place because then we'll see if he's still up for it.

October 02, 2017, 11:16:54 PM
Reply #59

KoemansNumberTens

He's done. He's a below average left back now. If it wasn't Leighton Baines who used to be brilliant he'd be getting slated rather than people making excuses for him.