November 22, 2018, 04:23:51 PM

Author Topic: Baines  (Read 8207 times)

October 02, 2017, 08:34:23 PM
Read 8207 times

JordanianEmbassy

Massively disagree with anyone who thinks Baines is finished. He is still class. The number of times he gets the ball and there is a total lack of blue shirts in front of him is ridiculous. It was doing my head in under Martinez and Koeman hasn't fixed it. On the few occasions he actually has anyone to pass to we look like creating something.

October 16, 2017, 03:50:30 PM
Reply #1

JordanianEmbassy

Mate of mine sits in the Paddock, just before the halfway, Gwladdy end, says heís watched Baines a few times getting offered a pass but will hold his hand out as if to say nah, donít want it, or when he does get it heís always laying it back inside. Whether itís options going forward or he feels he just canít do it any more...

I sit in the Upper Bullens and I'd say the opposite. Some of the most common topics of conversation where I sit over the last 2 years have been

(1) The amount of times Baines is in space on the left with his hands up calling for the ball and the ball is played over the other side
(2) When Baines gets the ball on the half way line there is never anyone available in front of him to pass to. Thats why he always plays it inside or back

He's lost a little bit of pace, can still play though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:51:43 PM by JordanianEmbassy »

October 16, 2017, 04:48:46 PM
Reply #2

JordanianEmbassy

🤔

Thatís more or less what I said. Thereís no option going forward or he ďjust canĒt do it any moreĒ, i.e; pace!?

I genuinely totally misunderstood your post , I thought you meant he was waving his hands saying he didn't want the ball.

I also genuinely can't spell genuinely. Had to look it up. The more you say it the weirder it sounds too. genuinely still doesn't look right. genuinely