November 18, 2018, 11:47:16 AM

Author Topic: Baines  (Read 8183 times)

October 16, 2017, 05:35:15 AM
Read 8183 times

The Analog Kid

Mate of mine sits in the Paddock, just before the halfway, Gwladdy end, says he’s watched Baines a few times getting offered a pass but will hold his hand out as if to say nah, don’t want it, or when he does get it he’s always laying it back inside. Whether it’s options going forward or he feels he just can’t do it any more...

October 16, 2017, 03:52:45 PM
Reply #1

The Analog Kid

I sit in the Upper Bullens and I'd say the opposite. Some of the most common topics of conversation where I sit over the last 2 years have been

(1) The amount of times Baines is in space on the left and the ball is played over the other side
(2) When Baines gets the ball on the half way line there is never anyone available in front of him to pass to. Thats why he always plays it inside or back

He's lost a little bit of pace, can still play though.

🤔

That’s more or less what I said. There’s no option going forward or he “just can”t do it any more”, i.e; pace!?

October 16, 2017, 04:15:27 PM
Reply #2

The Analog Kid

I just can't imagine Baines standing up in the dressing room and demanding to know why there is no-one on the left hand side of the pitch apart from him, in a thinly veiled point to both the manager and to his team-mates who all go wandering off into the centre every game.

Maybe he's too soft of personality but I can't help thinking that if he had a bit more about him this would have been sorted a long time ago as he's a senior player, vice captain, established international footballer, first name on the team sheet and when he talks and demands to be listened to people should listen. I may be wrong but he seems the type to just go along with it and get back home to his family and life outside of football. As is his wont of course but it doesn't help the team.

I think he would. He’s been here long enough to have gained the balls to speak out, he’s been captain a few times, I don’t see him being overly quiet if things are shit.

October 16, 2017, 04:38:24 PM
Reply #3

The Analog Kid

Maybe so. Just trying to get a handle on the fact that for three years we have completely ignored the left hand side of the pitch. It's bizarre and defies all logic or reason.

Pure stubborness from the man in charge.

Just because a player may have the balls to stand up and point out faults doesn’t mean they’ll give in and change.

October 16, 2017, 04:53:46 PM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

I genuinely totally misunderstood your post , I thought you meant he was waving his hands saying he didn't want the ball.

I also genuinely can't spell genuinely. Had to look it up. The more you say it the weirder it sounds too. genuinely still doesn't look right. genuinely

No, sometimes he does, when the pass was on he’d not want it.

It was the going forward issue I was referring to, there’s nothing out wide for him to work with, and he just doesn’t have the legs for lengthy runs any more.