October 24, 2017, 02:08:01 AM

Author Topic: Ratings V Bournemouth  (Read 1392 times)

September 24, 2017, 09:55:13 PM
Read 1392 times

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Couldn't see this anywhere else.

Pickford 7 - didn't have too much to do but he did pull off one fantastic save. However his distribution was uncharacteristically terrible yesterday.

Martina 5 - he didn't anything wrong as such, but he also didn't do anything right. His crossing was woeful, he isn't a wing back and bringing on Kenny showed exactly why we shouldn't have to continue playing this lad.

Williams 6 - His passing was bloody awful again yesterday, however he did win some good headers and clearances. He got done for pace and bit too much for me.

Holgate 6 - He's got to take the majority of the blame for their first goal. He was caught the wrong side of the man, didn't cut him off, then went to ground far too early, giving King a nice easy shot at goal. Although he was mildly better than Williams overall.

Baines 7 - done ok, nearly created a great goal for DCL early on. Still worrying that we we were relying on just him and Martina for our width and pace.

Schneiderlin 6 - hasn't really kicked on this year yet, he got a yellow early on and then pulled one of their players back about 20 minutes later, if the ref would have seen it then he would have been off.

Gueye 7 - He is trying to get forward more, but he's still making more mistakes than we are used to seeing from him. Can't fault his energy though and he did well opening up some chances.

Klaassen 7 - starting to see him settle in a bit more. Some really nice link up play with the forwards. He shit out of quite a few tackles though, and he's lacking that bit of quality. He wasn't that bad, but you could see exactly why he was replaced by Davies.

Sigurdsson 7 - again he linked up well with Klaassen and Rooney, spread to the ball to Baines and Martina whenever he has the chance, that freekick was woeful though.

Rooney 6 - looked lively, got stuck in, some great little 1-2s with DCL. He wasn't the same after that cut to eye though, seemed to be very frustrated all game (rightly so)

DCL 7 -  might be being a little harsh, but I can't be arsed with giving players 7.5, he made Ake looked amateurish at times in the first half, beat him in the air most of the time and tried to take him on whenever possible. Ake was better second half and it was a good little battle between them. He done well for Niasses second goal but he should have definitely hit the target with that header first half. Possibly could have done better with his attempt later on. I do think he will be a fantastic player for us.

Subs

Davies 8 - I think he's our best midfielder, he was obviously wound up at not starting and got a yellow card after about 10 seconds, but he makes things happen when he's on the pitch. Had a big part to play in both goals. He basically showed Klaassen what to do.

Kenny 7 - excellent defensively, excellent attacking. He is like a Scouse Coleman. Need to play him nearly every game now until Coleman comes back.

Niasse 9 - I'm gonna tell my grandkids stories about him :) . Forgetting all the stuff in the  background, he added pace, and he sent their defence in to a panic, he's tricky, unorthodox and was exactly what we needed yesterday. Not sure he would have the same impact if he started, but an excellent performance. MOTM

Koeman 8 - The team actually played well most of the game, an individual error cost us the first goal and our heads went for a while after that. The substitutions turned the game (although they could have been made 10 minutes earlier). Whilst Niasse is getting the plaudits, it was Koeman who decided to put him on.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:52:15 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

September 24, 2017, 09:58:45 PM
Reply #1

kramer0

Martina 5 - he didn't anything wrong as such, but he also didn't do anything right. His crossing was woeful, he isn't a wing back and bringing on Kenny showed exactly why we shouldn't have to continue playing this lad.

Holgate 6 - He's got to take the majority of the blame for their first goal. He was caught the wrong side of the man, didn't cut him off, then went to ground far too early, giving King a nice easy shot at goal. Although he was mildly better than Williams overall.

I don't see how you can say Martina didn't do anything wrong.

Why do you think Holgate got caught on the wrong side of his man for the goal? He's trying to defend two positions.

September 24, 2017, 10:00:30 PM
Reply #2

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Why do you think Holgate got caught on the wrong side of his man for the goal? He's trying to defend two positions.

Ye I can get that. Should have really marked him a 4 then. Either way I don't think he will be playing many more games for us.

Holgate didn't handle the situation well either.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:12:18 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

September 24, 2017, 10:22:33 PM
Reply #3

SANA_DR0

Ye I can get that. Should have really marked him a 4 then. Either way I don't think he will be playing many more games for us anymore.

Holgate didn't handle the situation well either.

Holgate was the only one marking his player, Martina, Williams and Schneiderlin where marking no one!!

Pickford  7   awesome save that kept us in the match at 1-0
Martina   4   wasteful crosses, poor defending, at fault for the goal as he was down the right wing, when HE lost possession,.
Williams 6    Did ok,
Holgate  7   Did better than Williams, sprayed the ball about, brought the ball out of defense,  looked after 2 players until Kenny was brought on hence why i gave him a 7.
Baines   6   Did well in the first half, faded in the second.
Schneiderlin  5  Capable of so much more, hasnt started this season yet.
Gueye    6    not one of his best performances, wins the ball back well, but his passing was a bit naff.
Klaassen 5   should have been taken off earlier, needs time in the reserves to get used to england, sticking him in the first team is like playing with 10 men.. he looked relieved when he came off.  says it all really
Sigurddson     7 came more into it when Rooney came off, he needs the space and players infront of him to pass to.
Rooney  6    the aimless back passes are pissing me off, sooner or later the opposition will score from one of them.
DCL 8 MOTM for me, tireless running, grew into the match, on his own for vast amount of time, still holding up the ball and creating.. unlucky not to score.
Davies  7  the difference between him and Klaassen is evident for everybody to see, style, determination, cutting edge, why he's not starting every match, only Koeman knows.
Kenny 7   great defending setting up our second goal from his own defensive work, intelligent footballer that we have missed at right back.
Niasse 8  If it wasnt for DCL and his constant work Niasse would have got man of the match for me, awesome display, shows so much of what the 'number 10s' we have lack, pace, power, willing runner.

Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 24, 2017, 10:23:17 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 7 good to see him clean someone out last few mins
Martina 6
Baines 7
Holgate 5 outpaced and out strengthed
Williams 6
Gueye 6
Schneiderlin 7 getting a bit better
Rooney 6
Klaasen 7 thought it was his best half of football
Sigurdsson 5
Dcl 6 decent battle with ake, ake won tho sadly. Faded

Niasse 8 good first goal and worked hard, amazing to skill to miss that header from a yard, thankfully he rolled it in anyway
Davies 7
Kenny 7

The Davies sub was bizarre. We were crying out for width and we had four cms on. Two wingers Sat on the bench

Anyway we won

Simply simply lovely

September 24, 2017, 10:24:24 PM
Reply #5

Marky Mark and the funky

I absolutely despised the position Holgate was put in for their goal, and especially how the rest of the defence failed to react to it. He's held up what should have been Martina's player for a bit before it gets passed over to King. In this time some other players should have been looking to drop back and cover, not leaving the poor sod Mason with everything to do.

It was honestly like watching Sunderland, it's not rocket science that one centre-back trying to stop two attackers is bad news.

September 24, 2017, 10:28:01 PM
Reply #6

SANA_DR0

I absolutely despised the position Holgate was put in for their goal, and especially how the rest of the defence failed to react to it. He's held up what should have been Martina's player for a bit before it gets passed over to King. In this time some other players should have been looking to drop back and cover, not leaving the poor sod Mason with everything to do.

It was honestly like watching Sunderland, it's not rocket science that one centre-back trying to stop two attackers is bad news.

amazing that some of our fans didnt see this and are blaming Holgate, makes you wonder what match they where watching and what causes they biased views.

September 24, 2017, 10:29:12 PM
Reply #7

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Holgate was the only one marking his player, Martina, Williams and Schneiderlin where marking no one!!

That will happen in games though, it's how you react to the situation. Hokgates reaction aided their goal. It just comes with experience and he will learn from it.

September 24, 2017, 10:33:46 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

Martina wasn't any worse than Baines. Least he got in positions to put a cross in.

This is the thing. I get accused of having an agenda "you don't like lukaku, you don't like Baines etc etc. Yet strangely the likes of Robles Williams martina always find themselves a mark or 2 short on these things.
Suggest 1 of the favourites isn't very good and you're a bully. Hope a Robles or a martina dies and it's not so bad

September 24, 2017, 10:34:44 PM
Reply #9

SANA_DR0

That will happen in games though, it's how you react to the situation. Hokgates reaction aided their goal. It just comes with experience and he will learn from it.

so because holgate was marking Cucos man, no one came across to mark King,, it was Holgates fault? 3 players Williams Cuco and Schneiderlin werent marking anyone at all. they could have helped..

to me its easy blaming Holgate, look at the goal again. Cuco lost the ball in the other half, his man got the ball., Holgate held him up, while he held him up Morgs or Williams could have easily watched/covered King, but nope, they just dropped back into the box, letting him run at them, Only Holgate was doing any tracking back., the only player in the defense to follow his man and he gets the blame.. lol
then rating Williams the same as Holgate. lol

least Holgate reacted. unlike the other 3 MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.

September 24, 2017, 10:40:07 PM
Reply #10

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 7 good to see him clean someone out last few mins
Martina 6
Baines 7
Holgate 5 outpaced and out strengthed
Williams 6
Gueye 6
Schneiderlin 7 getting a bit better
Rooney 6
Klaasen 7 thought it was his best half of football
Sigurdsson 5
Dcl 6 decent battle with ake, ake won tho sadly. Faded

Niasse 8 good first goal and worked hard, amazing to skill to miss that header from a yard, thankfully he rolled it in anyway
Davies 7
Kenny 7

The Davies sub was bizarre. We were crying out for width and we had four cms on. Two wingers Sat on the bench

Anyway we won

Didn't Davies assist both goals?

September 24, 2017, 10:40:52 PM
Reply #11

Marky Mark and the funky

All too generous because we won IMO...

Pickford 7 - For that save at 0-1
Martina 5 - Missing for the goal but also the only wide threat
Holgate 5 - Often exposed and gave the ball away quite a lot too!
Williams 5 - Honestly, doing the basics is one thing but yet again what is he doing when they score?!
Baines 6 - As usual looks the only competent defender, still not really good
Schneiderlin 5 - His current preference for crab football is still a problem and he's not adequately shielding the defence
Gueye 6 - Was in headless chicken mode a bit too often, still recent matches have proved he's needed
Klaassen 5 - I'm not against him but again ask yourself, what did he do to justify being in the team ahead of someone else?
Rooney 6 - Knocked off his game by the obvious
Siguršsson 5 - He can and will play better. At the moment he's still off-the-pace far more than looking on-it
Calvert-Lewin 7 - As per SANA_DR0, difference being if he misses that Kenny-Davies-Kenny-himself chance at 1-1 we'd all be mortified!

Davies 8 - Most say lower but he was directly involved in both goals
Niasse 9 - What more can you ask from him really?! Even his couple of pieces of link-up play were good, especially at 2-1 when we were killing time
Kenny 7 - Did not put a foot wrong in defence, in fact cleared danger, and was more confident offensively than midweek

September 24, 2017, 10:42:57 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't Davies assist both goals?
He did thankfully. That was why in the credit koeman thread I said he absolutely winged a win

We needed width and he brought on Davies which was bizarre... Has he ever played right mid for us before?

Simply simply lovely

September 24, 2017, 10:44:06 PM
Reply #13

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
so because holgate was marking Cucos man, no one came across to mark King,, it was Holgates fault? 3 players Williams Cuco and Schneiderlin werent marking anyone at all. they could have helped..

to me its easy blaming Holgate, look at the goal again. Cuco lost the ball in the other half, his man got the ball., Holgate held him up, while he held him up Morgs or Williams could have easily watched/covered King, but nope, they just dropped back into the box, letting him run at them, Only Holgate was doing any tracking back., the only player in the defense to follow his man and he gets the blame.. lol
then rating Williams the same as Holgate. lol

least Holgate reacted. unlike the other 3 MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.

Hokgate was left in a shitty position because of Martina, we've got that.

But he was still the wrong side of the man he was marking, he still jumped in far too early and didn't win the ball, which basically allowed king to shoot and score, they were his errors. A more experienced CB would probably not have done that if they had been left in that predicament by his RB.
Other than that he was OK. He was marginally better than Williams overall, but your making out like he put in some worldy of a performance.

September 24, 2017, 10:45:26 PM
Reply #14

Martip

Agreed. Concerned that Holgate won't make it as we had hoped. His body language after the mistake bothered me.