October 18, 2017, 01:55:51 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Apollon Limassol  (Read 8785 times)

September 28, 2017, 04:21:40 PM
Reply #75

Everton Mint

Koeman said he's going to play the strongest team available.

Will be interesting to compare it to the last game then.

September 28, 2017, 05:00:47 PM
Reply #76

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Analytics, metrics, or whatever you want to call it, works perfect for baseball. At least the individual player stats in my opinion. In baseball you can take Mike Trout and put him on any team and he'll basically have the same numbers. The only thing really effecting his hitting, other than himself, is who hits behind him. In football it matters who you play with on what team. This is why I find individual analytical stats(not team stats) really hard to grasp in other team sports other than baseball.

Baseball is unique in that it is a very individualist team sport so you can break down every play that every player makes because he's pretty much the only one involved.

This is what I see anyway. I could be way off the mark and I'd gladly listen to @kramer0 or anyone else tell me otherwise.  :)

P.S. I would love it if @kramer0   started a "getting to know analytics" thread. If he's up to it? Then we won't have to talk about it in here.
Mike Trout is a local legend where I live.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 28, 2017, 05:01:43 PM
Reply #77

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Cant wait for this tonight. Need to win it obviously. Hopefully a bear pit. Need the ref to fuck us over early doors.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 28, 2017, 05:16:44 PM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cant wait for this tonight. Need to win it obviously. Hopefully a bear pit. Need the ref to fuck us over early doors.

Got a feeling it's going to be quiet and half empty tbh
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 28, 2017, 05:17:17 PM
Reply #79

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Got a feeling it's going to be quiet and half empty tbh

Naaaa think it will be packed. (not full but lots of walk ups.) need the fans behind us tonight.

September 28, 2017, 05:21:44 PM
Reply #80

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I can't even give my ticket away. 

September 28, 2017, 05:28:10 PM
Reply #81

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

September 28, 2017, 06:04:00 PM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can't even give my ticket away. 

Me and my mate both got freebies as well.

Shame, I love mid week games. Excuse tongrt out the house and pound a few pints innit.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 28, 2017, 06:08:31 PM
Reply #83

Lxxx

Koeman said he's going to play the strongest team available.

Will be interesting to compare it to the last game then.

That quote in itself worries me.

September 28, 2017, 06:14:46 PM
Reply #84

Bluedylan

Think it's likely to be an uninspiring, unconvincing 2-0 win against limited opposition in front of a quiet, restless crowd.

That'd do for now I suppose.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 28, 2017, 06:15:59 PM
Reply #85

SANA_DR0

That quote in itself worries me.

Will be dissapointed if HIS strongest team contains Rooney,Siggy,Sandro, Klaassen, with no DCL or width.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 28, 2017, 06:26:43 PM
Reply #86

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Me and my mate both got freebies as well.

Shame, I love mid week games. Excuse tongrt out the house and pound a few pints innit.

I'm deciding to go the gym and watch it in ours tonight.

Should've lobbed my ticket up on here really.

September 28, 2017, 06:29:46 PM
Reply #87

sam of the south

Will be dissapointed if HIS strongest team contains Rooney,Siggy,Sandro, Klaassen, with no DCL or width.

I've got a feeling that it involves all of that, except it will also include DCL... every cloud..
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 28, 2017, 06:29:48 PM
Reply #88

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Finally getting to watch us in Europe on TV. Found out FS1 is showing it. So starting work early so I can finish early and watch.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 28, 2017, 07:15:39 PM
Reply #89

D15TIN

I'd go:

Pickford
Kenny Williams Holgate Baines
Schneiderlin
Vlasic Davies Sigurdsson Sandro
DCL

No 2 DMs, Davies has to start, pace on the wings, plenty of balance should be a comfortable win with that XI