August 22, 2018, 06:22:47 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Apollon Limassol  (Read 21041 times)

September 29, 2017, 04:46:25 AM
Reply #30

Lxxx

Feels a bit like Martinez's final season this.

September 29, 2017, 05:00:58 AM
Reply #31

Lxxx

Another unpopular opinion on here but DCL isn't actually very good. He's getting a lot of credit for battling and being relatively quick because even them basics are things we don't have. He's a terrible finisher though. Has some horrible touches. He's got 1 goal in the league hasn't he?  People think he might be our Harry Kane. He's a lucky boy as he's currently being compared to rooney playing on the edge of his own area and nothing.
Currently he's all effort no substance. Not convinced he'll make a decent premier league player never mind Harry fucking Kane

Wind it in. He's played about two dozen games at the top level and you're already writing him off?

September 29, 2017, 05:07:33 AM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Pretty sad this. It really tells it all. 4 guys stepping on each others toes just over the mid field line with no-one even in the attacking 3rd let alone out wide deeming our full backs useless, and having absolutely no target to pass to leading the line.

6 players all within 20 yards of each other. 6m a year for that?

September 29, 2017, 04:23:34 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

So would you have Rooney in midfield?

My concern is he's not gonna play as a striker and also that he can't play out wide so is there room for him in central midfield?

I think that's ultimately where he will end up, whether he likes it or not. He's not a striker anymore, he hasn't got the positional discipline to play that role but he still has a football brain.
I would play him No 10 but we've just paid 45m for one of them.

September 29, 2017, 06:10:02 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

I've only known us be different levels of shit too. It just feels like an effort these days. Truth is I don't really much enjoy football anymore. Haven't watched a full game of anyone else for a at least a couple of seasons and now Everton are a lot of effort. Surely there should be some level of enjoyment

This. I cancelled Sky and BT as I just can't be arsed watching football anymore. Time was a few years ago I used to follow Everton home and away and after that used to watch any football on the telly, used to look forward to Super Sunday of one game after the other all day, usually with a hangover.
Maybe it's age, maybe it's now I have a family but I only really stream Everton games now and even that's a chore these days.