August 26, 2019, 02:12:17 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Apollon Limassol  (Read 28977 times)

September 29, 2017, 04:12:33 AM
Reply #15

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes in!

Don't even fucking joke about that

Moyes is totally finished, even more than Koeman is

Thank God Oumar is back for the weekend
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 29, 2017, 04:22:45 AM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Humph. No sense of humour? ;)

There's something's you can't joke about incase they come true 😜
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 29, 2017, 03:14:41 PM
Reply #17

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The worrying thing is that we start poorly every single game pretty much

All the fans see what's happening and say 'we need pace, width and more attacking movement'

All the pundits say the same

Last night they were all saying the difference that Vlasic and Calvert-Lewin had brought when they came on

We need at least 1 wide player starting, ideally 2. Without any wide players in the midfield it makes the full backs redundant and forces the play inside where we've got far too many players already. And then a real reluctance from the 'attacking' midfield 3 to get into the box

Klaassen and Sandro need time to adapt, Their confidence looks virtually non existent at the moment

Sigurdsson we need to stick with, he's getting there and will only improve

Rooney shouldnt really be starting every game I don't think. We need to see him in the box more, he can still finish, but the legs are definitely on the way out!

Further back Im happy to stick with kenny at right back. We really need to improve at centre back. Holgate looks like he's having a few issues adapting to the position, though ultimately it is going to be where he will play long term. Ashley Williams seems to be racking up the mistakes and is appearing to be a bit of a liability

Davies didn't have his best game last night but still for me he needs to be a regular starter

September 29, 2017, 04:14:24 PM
Reply #18

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't say his legs have gone when he ran half the length of the pitch only DCL not to see him in a perfect position inside the box . His goal showed why he needs to start as he sees the game better than anyone else in the side . People moaning he is picking the ball up everywhere but look how seldom any of our supposed midfield is in advance of him . The problem is ultimately how we set up and that is down to the Manager . Sadly the Yak would have starved to death under Koeman .

So would you have Rooney in midfield?

My concern is he's not gonna play as a striker and also that he can't play out wide so is there room for him in central midfield?

September 29, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Reply #19

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think that's ultimately where he will end up, whether he likes it or not. He's not a striker anymore, he hasn't got the positional discipline to play that role but he still has a football brain.
I would play him No 10 but we've just paid 45m for one of them.

There's probably room for 1 number 10 behind the striker

The striker is either DCL or Niasse I assume

The number 10 is either Rooney, Sigurdsson or Klaassen

Then there's 2 centre mids from Schneiderlin, Gana, Davies, Besic, McCarthy

And 2 wide players from Mirallas, Vlasic, Lookman, Lennon

Sandro possibly either the striker or a winger

For me if we followed these ingredients for the midfield/attack we would have a better balance

Massive issue at the moment is players are being shoehorned in regardless of if they fit in the system together or not