October 20, 2019, 07:16:07 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Apollon Limassol  (Read 32061 times)

September 29, 2017, 04:15:34 AM
Read 32061 times

jtran10

First post here: Fuck

September 29, 2017, 04:20:15 AM
Reply #1

jtran10

Welcome, bro 👊🏼

Cheers! Obviously not the time or place for this, but I'm a US Blue hoping to make it to my first match at Goodison when I'm in England over Xmas. Been following for 5 years now. I'm semi-active on the r/everton board.

September 29, 2017, 04:23:29 AM
Reply #2

jtran10

Leave the Goodison visit another 6 months until RK has gone if I were you, mate

I wish..not easy to get to the UK from the US west. The match I'd be eyeing is home vs. Chelsea, so figure we're bound to lose, but if we do win it's the one to be at.

Plus, I can at least check out the Beatles museum right? :badum:

September 29, 2017, 04:28:40 AM
Reply #3

jtran10

Just do the Beatles museum and a Goodison stadium tour 😊

LOL. But I have to make it to a match..I'd assume all the girls look like DanDan's avatar.  lolol

September 29, 2017, 04:40:35 AM
Reply #4

jtran10

Where about's in west USA?

Was in LA last year, fucking love that city

Salt Lake City, in Utah. Just moved here a year ago from San Diego. Personally, I hate LA ;)

Landon Donovan has been doing a lot of work trying to get an MLS club started in San Diego within the past 6-8 months or so. Him and Timmy the original way I found the club (of course). We have an Everton-esque local club here in SLC, Real Salt Lake. Consistent middle of the pack, lower budget team with coaching issues! The matches are pretty fun, and we're in the hunt for one of the last playoff spots with 3 matches to play.

September 29, 2017, 04:59:26 AM
Reply #5

jtran10

Ha i'm not surprised if you don't come from LA, i guess that's the feeling across most of the US, I loved it though

Salt Lake eh? The mormon city, haven't they got strict drinking laws there? You'll love Liverpool if that's the case (at the other end of the spectrum  lolol)

Donovan is a legend over here, good to hear he's doing well and good luck with the playoff spot

Got a better chance of doing something decent than Everton have at the minute  :Horse:

Ya..liquor laws are whack here. Beer in bars can only be 4.0% ABV (pretty popular in the states to have 6-8% beer). Liquor drinks are capped at 1.5oz per pour. To buy "full strength" beer, any wine or liquor have to go to a state-run liquor store (closed Sundays of course), only 4% beer available in the grocery store.

...But the skiing is world-class. If any of you Evertonians are out this way have a free place to stay right near the mountains. We even get all the matches on TV here ;)

A Xmas drinking holiday is just what the doctor ordered for the GF and I. Can't wait to sit by a roaring fire in the pub and put a few back.

September 29, 2017, 05:18:13 AM
Reply #6

jtran10

Something I forgot in all of this...both of our goals weren't really earned or worked. Cheapo on the first, and then a super lucky bounce with a great finish. Damn.