November 20, 2018, 02:36:15 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Apollon Limassol  (Read 23273 times)

September 26, 2017, 12:26:08 AM
Read 23273 times

Evertonian in NC

FS1 in the USA
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 27, 2017, 03:46:48 AM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

@kramer0 does a fantastic job of presenting the analytic stuff in a way that I can (mostly) understand, though.  I am constantly amazed, as it would seem that footy would be much harder to reduce to numerical formulas than baseball and basketball.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 28, 2017, 08:58:41 PM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

Finally getting to watch us in Europe on TV. Found out FS1 is showing it. So starting work early so I can finish early and watch.

I have to DVR thanks to a work thing, but it's FS1 instead of FS2, so at least I can record in HD to watch when it's over.

September 29, 2017, 12:09:38 AM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Would be nice to rest DCL for Sunday, but with 0-3 on our ledger we don't have that luxury.

September 29, 2017, 06:16:53 AM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

I am too late to be angry on the internet, I fear.  And BY FUCK, am I ever angry.  Level to 10-man Apollon.

Have some fucking pride in the shirt, or stay in the dressing room next time.

Vlasic??  Is he seriously the only one who gives a fuck?  And don't get me started on Ashley Williams, had we started a literal sign post next to Holgate, we probably sneak through 2-1.

September 29, 2017, 06:22:15 AM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

It's a free country, no one is forcing you to watch your team. I will be though. We've been fucking worse than this in my lifetime and when I started supporting the team that's exactly what I signed on for - supporting through thick and thin. I see some people on here and the way they react and I worry about their character. When times are tough you either get behind those things you claim to love or you fuck off. Well I know which one I'm doing

I'm angry, but I will watch every single minute.

If there are going to be sharp growing pains (as is obviously the case), a finished, selfish Wayne Rooney needs to be nowhere near the pitch, with his shots from midfield (sorry that is probably an American-ism).

September 29, 2017, 06:27:28 AM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

I'll always be there. My rugby team (which used to be one of the most famous and powerful in the game) is going through shit right now and I'm still banging the drum loudly. I've always been a fighter. I've played in teams on the end of 90 point drubbings with players saying after the match they will never play again and still I was there the next week and the next. We will get through this

Everton Football Club.  It builds character!

September 29, 2017, 06:28:12 AM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

Yeah can't take to rooney really. Too often follows the ball around.

Really surprised to hear criticism of young Dominic. One of the only bright spots of our poor start.

He also has the requisite vision for the game.  Gonna be scary good when it all comes together.