October 22, 2017, 02:39:13 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Apollon Limassol  (Read 9037 times)

September 29, 2017, 09:29:50 AM
Reply #825

Ramjam

Fuck no, but we do miss Howard
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 29, 2017, 11:19:37 AM
Reply #826

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
One thing about Pickford, he is always on his heels. Doesn't move his feet well at all.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 29, 2017, 01:16:09 PM
Reply #827

Paddockoldie

Sadly I think Rooney is one of the problems in unbalancing the team. He won't stay where he should be and gets in the way of others... he's trying to rescue us but is actually doing the opposite. Williams is just a liability and I thought he'd be better.. I'm not for sacking Koeman but he needs to think about his management style and adjust his selections.
But, once a blue always a blue is my cross to bare.

September 29, 2017, 01:35:50 PM
Reply #828

Macca77

Rooney wasnt fit, he was popping pills on the touchline after 20 mins, shouldve been hooked there and then

September 29, 2017, 01:45:49 PM
Reply #829

Bluebridge

Rooney wasnt fit, he was popping pills on the touchline after 20 mins, shouldve been hooked there and then
They were painkillers for his wrist injury weren't they?

September 29, 2017, 02:12:15 PM
Reply #830

Rodenplav64

It's a free country, no one is forcing you to watch your team. I will be though. We've been fucking worse than this in my lifetime and when I started supporting the team that's exactly what I signed on for - supporting through thick and thin. I see some people on here and the way they react and I worry about their character. When times are tough you either get behind those things you claim to love or you fuck off. Well I know which one I'm doing

True . Imagine a life without frustration to vent . On a footballing mote we are truly shite at the minute . I just see 11 people wandering round the pitch waiting to receive then give the ball away . I have never been sold on Koeman but its a results business and he got enough last season for people to think he could change it . Now on there own some of his buys are good players but he has no idea where or how to play them . In shoe horning some he is ruining others . As a club we have given him more money and consequently choice in personnel then we have had in many a long day and he is failing . there are a few bright spots but not enough to remotely improve on last season . He had a poor record in Cup competitions with Southampton and he has kept the form up in 2 seasons here . No way do I want this clown given more money to waste in January . It also looks like Pickford hasn't recovered fully from his Sunderland induced shellshock . Koeman is about to endure a Goodison fume on Sunday which won't help the team . He could help by not starting with a failed system that Burnley will have no trouble setting up to frustrate .

September 29, 2017, 03:14:41 PM
Reply #831

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The worrying thing is that we start poorly every single game pretty much

All the fans see what's happening and say 'we need pace, width and more attacking movement'

All the pundits say the same

Last night they were all saying the difference that Vlasic and Calvert-Lewin had brought when they came on

We need at least 1 wide player starting, ideally 2. Without any wide players in the midfield it makes the full backs redundant and forces the play inside where we've got far too many players already. And then a real reluctance from the 'attacking' midfield 3 to get into the box

Klaassen and Sandro need time to adapt, Their confidence looks virtually non existent at the moment

Sigurdsson we need to stick with, he's getting there and will only improve

Rooney shouldnt really be starting every game I don't think. We need to see him in the box more, he can still finish, but the legs are definitely on the way out!

Further back Im happy to stick with kenny at right back. We really need to improve at centre back. Holgate looks like he's having a few issues adapting to the position, though ultimately it is going to be where he will play long term. Ashley Williams seems to be racking up the mistakes and is appearing to be a bit of a liability

Davies didn't have his best game last night but still for me he needs to be a regular starter
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 29, 2017, 03:20:57 PM
Reply #832

Trowel

I liked the freudian slip when, picking up the ball on the edge of our own box with space ahead, the commentator said, "How quickly can Liverpool break here?", which he apologised for almost as quickly as we managed to work it back to Pickford...
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 29, 2017, 03:31:43 PM
Reply #833

Rodenplav64

The worrying thing is that we start poorly every single game pretty much

All the fans see what's happening and say 'we need pace, width and more attacking movement'

All the pundits say the same

Last night they were all saying the difference that Vlasic and Calvert-Lewin had brought when they came on

We need at least 1 wide player starting, ideally 2. Without any wide players in the midfield it makes the full backs redundant and forces the play inside where we've got far too many players already. And then a real reluctance from the 'attacking' midfield 3 to get into the box

Klaassen and Sandro need time to adapt, Their confidence looks virtually non existent at the moment

Sigurdsson we need to stick with, he's getting there and will only improve

Rooney shouldnt really be starting every game I don't think. We need to see him in the box more, he can still finish, but the legs are definitely on the way out!

Further back Im happy to stick with kenny at right back. We really need to improve at centre back. Holgate looks like he's having a few issues adapting to the position, though ultimately it is going to be where he will play long term. Ashley Williams seems to be racking up the mistakes and is appearing to be a bit of a liability

Davies didn't have his best game last night but still for me he needs to be a regular starter

I wouldn't say his legs have gone when he ran half the length of the pitch only DCL not to see him in a perfect position inside the box . His goal showed why he needs to start as he sees the game better than anyone else in the side . People moaning he is picking the ball up everywhere but look how seldom any of our supposed midfield is in advance of him . The problem is ultimately how we set up and that is down to the Manager . Sadly the Yak would have starved to death under Koeman .

September 29, 2017, 04:14:24 PM
Reply #834

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't say his legs have gone when he ran half the length of the pitch only DCL not to see him in a perfect position inside the box . His goal showed why he needs to start as he sees the game better than anyone else in the side . People moaning he is picking the ball up everywhere but look how seldom any of our supposed midfield is in advance of him . The problem is ultimately how we set up and that is down to the Manager . Sadly the Yak would have starved to death under Koeman .

So would you have Rooney in midfield?

My concern is he's not gonna play as a striker and also that he can't play out wide so is there room for him in central midfield?

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 29, 2017, 04:23:34 PM
Reply #835

Lxxx

So would you have Rooney in midfield?

My concern is he's not gonna play as a striker and also that he can't play out wide so is there room for him in central midfield?

I think that's ultimately where he will end up, whether he likes it or not. He's not a striker anymore, he hasn't got the positional discipline to play that role but he still has a football brain.
I would play him No 10 but we've just paid 45m for one of them.

September 29, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Reply #836

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think that's ultimately where he will end up, whether he likes it or not. He's not a striker anymore, he hasn't got the positional discipline to play that role but he still has a football brain.
I would play him No 10 but we've just paid 45m for one of them.

There's probably room for 1 number 10 behind the striker

The striker is either DCL or Niasse I assume

The number 10 is either Rooney, Sigurdsson or Klaassen

Then there's 2 centre mids from Schneiderlin, Gana, Davies, Besic, McCarthy

And 2 wide players from Mirallas, Vlasic, Lookman, Lennon

Sandro possibly either the striker or a winger

For me if we followed these ingredients for the midfield/attack we would have a better balance

Massive issue at the moment is players are being shoehorned in regardless of if they fit in the system together or not

September 29, 2017, 06:04:23 PM
Reply #837

KoemansNumberTens

It's a free country, no one is forcing you to watch your team. I will be though. We've been fucking worse than this in my lifetime and when I started supporting the team that's exactly what I signed on for - supporting through thick and thin. I see some people on here and the way they react and I worry about their character. When times are tough you either get behind those things you claim to love or you fuck off. Well I know which one I'm doing

I've only known us be different levels of shit too. It just feels like an effort these days. Truth is I don't really much enjoy football anymore. Haven't watched a full game of anyone else for a at least a couple of seasons and now Everton are a lot of effort. Surely there should be some level of enjoyment

September 29, 2017, 06:04:38 PM
Reply #838

SANA_DR0

They were painkillers for his wrist injury weren't they?

thats cos he looked like he broke his wrist, but infact he just got stamped on and had a hole next to his knuckles. thats why he had the painkillers and why his wrist was bandaged up.

was hoping it was Niasse in disguise.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 29, 2017, 06:09:43 PM
Reply #839

Rodenplav64

There's probably room for 1 number 10 behind the striker

The striker is either DCL or Niasse I assume

The number 10 is either Rooney, Sigurdsson or Klaassen

Then there's 2 centre mids from Schneiderlin, Gana, Davies, Besic, McCarthy

And 2 wide players from Mirallas, Vlasic, Lookman, Lennon

Sandro possibly either the striker or a winger

For me if we followed these ingredients for the midfield/attack we would have a better balance

Massive issue at the moment is players are being shoehorned in regardless of if they fit in the system together or not

I think you have just highlighted the problem in that all those players you mentioned are positionally poor as far as discipline goes . If you give someone the 10 role then you give him licence to roam . If you have 3 or 4 no10's and 2 wingers who are really No10's then you are fucked as it looks like a bunch of headless chickens . Shall we not mention the similar situation you have if you have orthodox defenders being asked to play 3 one week and 5 the next . Its a fucking car crash .