October 17, 2017, 09:06:14 AM

Author Topic: not an easy question to ask..  (Read 3295 times)

September 26, 2017, 04:26:14 PM
Reply #75

Major Clanger

Can this not be reported to the club directly? And not just the fans forum?

I am also of Indian descent and Muslim and as most of you know, quite outspoken and sometimes quick to comment. I wouldn't shut up at abuse or even stares etc. I am planning a UK trip in the next little while. Is Goodison safe for me? Or should I rather see Everton play in an away game?

Seriously worried about this.

Things always look worse from afar.

Wary yes, but seriously worried you don't need to be.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

deCoubertin

September 26, 2017, 10:27:55 PM
Reply #76

SANA_DR0

I'll try to livestream any racists things i see, ill try not to stream the match as Audrey will tool me :( :p

but i see tooling as love.. so :p

I really doubt i will have any issues, The main thing i wanted to know was, how comes they're aren't as many Asians/blacks in attendance at Goodison compared to other teams. but a couple of posts educated me.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 26, 2017, 10:59:37 PM
Reply #77

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
We have a bit of a rep as a racist club don't we? Or we used to at least.

One of the last clubs if not the last to have a black player, or something like that.

September 26, 2017, 11:43:49 PM
Reply #78

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I am also of Indian descent and Muslim and as most of you know, quite outspoken and sometimes quick to comment. I wouldn't shut up at abuse or even stares etc. I am planning a UK trip in the next little while. Is Goodison safe for me? Or should I rather see Everton play in an away game?

I responded to another quote without actually seeing your original post sorry. I thought someone was talking in general in the UK.

You'll be sound! I go the game with an Asian guy quite a lot and he's never had a thing said to him. He is 6ft odd and built like a brick shithouse, but that's besides the point.
Heard the odd black shout aimed at players many years ago, not at me (tbh you wouldn't know from looking at me I have a black grandparent) but I've bought it up with the stewards after the game and they're usually helpful? That was many years ago though.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:45:11 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 26, 2017, 11:49:03 PM
Reply #79

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'll try to livestream any racists things i see, ill try not to stream the match as Audrey will tool me :( :p

but i see tooling as love.. so :p

I really doubt i will have any issues, The main thing i wanted to know was, how comes they're aren't as many Asians/blacks in attendance at Goodison compared to other teams. but a couple of posts educated me.

It's probably just due to the fact that there aren't as many Asian/black communities in Liverpool compared to other big cities. I wouldn't read too much in to it.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 27, 2017, 12:44:52 AM
Reply #80

Bally

Administrator

Nah fuck that lad you'll be sound plus I'll be making sure I'm around to meet you, I can't guarantee it for Thursday, you'll be getting the full Bally welcome
It's the roll I way

September 27, 2017, 01:04:39 AM
Reply #81

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I would definitely meet all of you once it is ll planned out but I would like to know that i wouldn't need "protection"
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 27, 2017, 01:18:52 AM
Reply #82

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I would definitely meet all of you once it is ll planned out but I would like to know that i wouldn't need "protection"

you dont need protection, you would be fine.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 27, 2017, 01:32:38 AM
Reply #83

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry to hear that @SANA_DR0 always rough to hear that sort of thing happening, really feel for you.

I once watched us against West Brom, think it was the game that Rooney stood on the ball. Anyway, I was sat near the away fans and they were shouting some pretty awful stuff at Lie Tie and a bunch of our fans shouted over to them calling them out as being racist idiots. First time I've seen that at a game. So we do have some decent people too  :)

However I've also been in the away end watching us and hearing some equally awful stuff.

But never to a fellow blue, which makes this worse.

@Confucius I'll come along and protect you. I understand Scouse and speak fluent South African bru, so I can translate for you.

September 27, 2017, 01:34:17 AM
Reply #84

SANA_DR0

A pack of Trojans would suffice.

September 27, 2017, 01:36:50 AM
Reply #85

blue slug

im pretty outspoken and dont care what people say, it never effects me... i just laugh and troll harder :p

but due to shit in my personal life, i can do without that hassle, i just want to enjoy the games.

by the sounds of it, things have changed(as they should have) since i had those experiences ten or so years ago..

It's disgusting behaviour and you shouldn't have to hear it, makes me feel ashamed if I'm honest. Things have changed and I hope these minority of Neanderthal fucktards don't stop you going and having a great experience fella

September 27, 2017, 01:43:52 AM
Reply #86

SANA_DR0

It's disgusting behaviour and you shouldn't have to hear it, makes me feel ashamed if I'm honest. Things have changed and I hope these minority of Neanderthal fucktards don't stop you going and having a great experience fella

I know Bud, but its part of everyday life unfortunately. I've got mixed race children (english and indian) my ex had blonde hair blue eyes,, used to get so many looks and awkward fuckers who would just look in disgust..
Got it  worse in rural areas.

Was afraid a few years ago, there seemed to be a rise of far right political parties all across europe, quiet a lot of the masses where voting for them too!! (England,Front National in France,AFD in Germany, Golden Dawn in Greece, PVV in Holland plus countless others in smaller EU countries..)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:55:37 AM by SANA_DR0 »

September 27, 2017, 01:51:53 AM
Reply #87

TheTone

I were called a dirty white bastid one time when I were in Portugal by some african lids

didn't bother me at all

I am dirty minded and all like

September 27, 2017, 02:06:08 AM
Reply #88

blue slug

I know Bud, but its part of everyday life unfortunately. I've got mixed race children (english and indian) my ex had blonde hair blue eyes,, used to get so many looks and awkward fuckers who would just look in disgust..
Got it  worse in rural areas.

Was afraid a few years ago, there seemed to be a rise of far right political parties all across europe, quiet a lot of the masses where voting for them too!! (England,Front National in France,AFD in Germany, Golden Dawn in Greece, PVV in Holland plus countless others in smaller EU countries..)

My best mate is married to an Indian lady but we live in Stafford which is a small town and don't really see rascism or at least I haven't in the last decade or so

September 27, 2017, 02:31:28 AM
Reply #89

SANA_DR0

My best mate is married to an Indian lady but we live in Stafford which is a small town and don't really see rascism or at least I haven't in the last decade or so

I know Stafford, its about 13 miles from me, I was supposed to go and see my friend up there today, but doing it on Friday now instead, I live in Walsall.. Awesome to find a Bluenose so close :D
Nice to meet you Mr Blue Slug