December 12, 2017, 06:44:41 AM

Author Topic: not an easy question to ask..  (Read 4627 times)

September 26, 2017, 12:43:03 AM
Reply #60

Toffee1

Thank you Winny, & welcome to NSNO.

Where are you from bud?

be nice to find some fellow blues from the midlands, to attend matches with :D

Sorry to hear that Deano, some people are knobs.
What was the banana incident?  I know our club used to give Barnes abuse, but back in the 80's most clubs had a big element of racism, I think the racism prolonged the hooliganism. (get a different set of hooligans into the ground)

I remember the picture of John Barnes back heeling a banana at Goodison that had been thrown in his direction - probably be a picture of it on the internet as most of the red tops had it on their back page after that derby.

deCoubertin

September 26, 2017, 12:45:11 AM
Reply #61

winny5366

Thank you Winny, & welcome to NSNO.

Where are you from bud? I am from Preston mate, not too far away.

be nice to find some fellow blues from the midlands, to attend matches with :D

Sorry to hear that Deano, some people are knobs.
What was the banana incident?  I know our club used to give Barnes abuse, but back in the 80's most clubs had a big element of racism, I think the racism prolonged the hooliganism. (get a different set of hooligans into the ground)

September 26, 2017, 01:09:22 AM
Reply #62

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can this not be reported to the club directly? And not just the fans forum?

I am also of Indian descent and Muslim and as most of you know, quite outspoken and sometimes quick to comment. I wouldn't shut up at abuse or even stares etc. I am planning a UK trip in the next little while. Is Goodison safe for me? Or should I rather see Everton play in an away game?

Seriously worried about this.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 26, 2017, 01:12:35 AM
Reply #63

indiantoffee1975

As has been mentioned in previous posts sorry to hear about your experiences. This is a small minority of fans which exists at most clubs

In my biased opinion I believe our fans are brilliant and very welcoming.
I come up to Goodison for handful of games each season and will do again this season, touchwood I haven't endured or heard any snide and racist comments. If I did I would report it to the club or a police officer. I sat in all four areas of the ground last season and everyone of those fans be it on the left, right, front or behind made an effort with me and engaging in good conversation and debates surrounding Everton. I even had one lady offer me her lunch and a bags of sweets! Such amazing generosity. I meet up with a season ticket holder friend in the pub after the game with his family and other people. Everyone is friendly. I can't say a bad word about the Everton family.

My advice to you is don't let that experience deter you. Go to Goodison and enjoy watching and supporting your beloved club.
Let us know how it goes.

Stanley park car park is about 10-15 mins walk through the park or sticking to the main road.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:20:44 AM by indiantoffee1975 »

September 26, 2017, 01:17:53 AM
Reply #64

Realist

Pathetic bell ends mate, fuck them. Join up with a few off here to walk to the games with, if you're with @Bally you might even end up on fan tv 👍

September 26, 2017, 01:20:12 AM
Reply #65

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

I am also of Indian descent and Muslim and as most of you know, quite outspoken and sometimes quick to comment. I wouldn't shut up at abuse or even stares etc. I am planning a UK trip in the next little while. Is Goodison safe for me? Or should I rather see Everton play in an away game?

Its fine Con, it wouldnt happen now.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 26, 2017, 01:23:32 AM
Reply #66

SANA_DR0

im pretty outspoken and dont care what people say, it never effects me... i just laugh and troll harder :p

but due to shit in my personal life, i can do without that hassle, i just want to enjoy the games.

by the sounds of it, things have changed(as they should have) since i had those experiences ten or so years ago..

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 26, 2017, 04:05:49 AM
Reply #67

Bally

Administrator
I'm sure an old poster on here Rich mentioned he had been assaulted before at an Everton game because he never had a scouse accent.

As been said before, don't let the knobheads win.  There is knobs everywhere in life.
Mate he was told the club had sold out because he's from Oxford... Last week in tenerife

Honestly he text me, I told him to go punch the soft cunt.
It's the roll I way

September 26, 2017, 04:08:37 AM
Reply #68

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Its fine Con, it wouldnt happen now.

It does still happen unfortunately. Nowhere near as much, but thankfully it's the odd dickhead and not a handful.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 26, 2017, 04:30:25 AM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
on a different scale racism comes in different guises....I am a scouser living in Yorkshire...there isn't a day goes by when I don't get a "scouse jibe" aimed at me..my wife is Muluccan...so we get it there as well...

I had to google that immediately
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2017, 04:52:59 AM
Reply #70

Bally

Administrator
I had to google that immediately
Yeah I had to Google that too, never ever heard the word
It's the roll I way

September 26, 2017, 05:01:29 AM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I had to Google that too, never ever heard the word

Me neither I got the parrots at first I was like what the fuck am I missing here.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2017, 03:44:53 PM
Reply #72

Deano Blue Boy

Mate he was told the club had sold out because he's from Oxford... Last week in tenerife

Honestly he text me, I told him to go punch the soft cunt.

Send him my wishes over Bally.

I am sad that you feel this way. Although I'm sure you will be fine.  You'll also be better going to a home than away, but if you had the choice, go to both.  The away games are class.

September 26, 2017, 03:45:18 PM
Reply #73

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

There's no need to be worried. It'll be sound

September 26, 2017, 04:11:48 PM
Reply #74

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
If you're worried about this then an away game is the absolute worst thing you can consider @Confucius
I've yet to go to an away game that hasn't had me pulling people/walking away from some racist pricks. Granted, i only go a handful a year, but it tends to be full of the hardcore head-the-balls.

If walking down the street in Liverpool on a Saturday afternoon would be too intimidating for you then so would going to Goodison on a matchday. I would say your chances of bumping into a racist element is as likely in either. (i.e. slim, but unfortunately not zero).

p.s Too short notice for me to offer for @SANA_DR0 , but if you give me a nod i'd be more than happy to meet up and mooch about with you if it reassured you.