November 20, 2017, 09:20:37 PM

Author Topic: not an easy question to ask..  (Read 4378 times)

October 01, 2017, 05:21:16 PM
Reply #105

SANA_DR0

It happens, Liverpool is the main city ive found it in tho.. quite a few rural places and towns too, but  never in another city..

it is what it is..

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed and shared their experiences. <3
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:22:23 PM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 06:21:38 PM
Reply #106

phillyt

It happens, Liverpool is the main city ive found it in tho.. quite a few rural places and towns too, but  never in another city..

it is what it is..

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed and shared their experiences. <3

You will find that in bigger cities you will face more open brutalist racism. The working classes/poorer demographics who are of of a particular mindset or upbringing will generally think less about this. 
In the countryside, there are generally more affluent folk and they tend to be more two faced and like a bit of tokenism. They will befriend and “adopt” a minority. They will tell their other middle class friends all about how terrible blacks/asians/orientals are but feel they have a right to say that because they like one they can criticise the rest. They will also jump on any criticism you make of your own race, justifying it because you said it.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 02, 2017, 04:03:59 AM
Reply #107

Bally

Administrator

it is what it is..

I' am Very very surprised that Liverpool is the only city you've experienced this in, when we have one of the largest Chinese /Asian communities and a massive Sri Lankan community along with a growing Eastern European community, it disappoints me that you've experienced this here, in my fucking city.
It's the roll I way

October 02, 2017, 04:08:49 AM
Reply #108

everton1952

About time this thread was buried. Enough has been said  without endless repetition..

October 03, 2017, 02:02:49 PM
Reply #109

Toddacelli

Had no issues at the match :D Saw a Jamaican lad with a wicked afro, going into the ground.. :D also by where we where sitting, there was a couple of Oriental peoples. a couple behind me and a younger lad further down.. lots of people seem to know this dude... felt good.. spoke to the old geezer next to during the match a bit.. all pretty awesome..

match over..lots of nice blues walking along.... got to   i dont know the name of the road.. Was waiting to cross the road, by Baileys cafe i think its called.. (my car was parked on a private drive on Netley street) was just waiting for the last car to drive past.. a black SUV type thing was driving past.. the window was rolled down a bit and the guy should Pakie, while trying to disguise it as a cough.. i just giggled to myself.. my friend (who is Gujarati) and I walked across the road, through to the other side of Netley road, got in the car.. he started to roll a joint as he did..I asked him.. did you hear the guy shout Paki at us, He replied when? i said as we where crossing the road,, it sounded like a cough, he replied I heard the cough but i didnt hear what he was saying..

didnt bother me at all.. lol wasnt even on my mind before during or after the match.. just 20 metres from getting into my car..

Im pretty sure they would have been Everton fans. as i dont know who else would be driving/out then in that area/at that time..

should have looked at the number plate, but it wasnt an issue.

Glad you enjoyed it bud!

Don't let the bastards grind you down   :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates