November 25, 2017, 01:48:32 PM

Author Topic: [News]Robles running down deal with no regrets  (Read 993 times)

September 27, 2017, 04:21:44 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

He's one of those that people will look back and be way too harsh on how bad he was for us

When he had a run in the team his form improved and he kept a decent amount of clean sheeets. Also i met him and he was sound!

I wish him all the best. He's been harshly demoted to 3rd choice in my opinion

He was probably demoted to 3rd choice as he isn't that good and to improve he would need to play every week to attempt to iron out the glaring deficiencies in his game. As a No 2 he was never going to be able to do that so there really isn't any point in him being here if he isn't going to sign a new deal and go out on loan for a year to sharpen up his game.

Just an unfortunate situation, same as Barkley's was unfortunate. Circumstances have dictated we're probably going to lose two young lads for next to nothing which isn't ideal but also isn't anyone's fault really. 

deCoubertin

September 27, 2017, 04:22:34 PM
Reply #16

BlueNoseMike

Ah I see. We should only hate on our own. Gotcha.

If our own is ensuring we miss out on about 40 mil or keeping a top player then yeah. Behave

September 27, 2017, 06:49:27 PM
Reply #17

74Blue

The possibility of receiving a nominal fee is not yet completely lost with Robles. It's entirely possible that a club may need a keeper in January. I'd imagine that we'd take a small fee for him then and get him off the wage bill too.

September 27, 2017, 08:35:51 PM
Reply #18

Rodenplav64

He is better than Steklenburg but isn't going to get games so may as well see his contract for that reason alone .

September 27, 2017, 08:42:39 PM
Reply #19

School of Science

Has his scouse impression in that Tom Davies video with Mirallas (Chicken lad) got you mistakenly thinking that Robles is an academy graduate that has been here for years and has an affinity for the club?

Yes well said mate, anyone would think Robles had supported Everton his whole life and had joined Everton when he was 11.....
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 27, 2017, 08:48:22 PM
Reply #20

Marky Mark and the funky

To be fair Championship (now 'Football') Manager comparisons tend to be daft but I feel it's quite appropriate for Robles.

He's that player that has some good physical and technical stats which make you sign him but he'll never reliably conquer his weaknesses which is obviously crucial in a goalkeeper because any error of execution, indecision, or plain wrong action has a high chance of leading to a goal conceded.

If it was all just a computer game you'd let him go before throwing your virtual wonga at what was at best a good reserve.

He seems to be a great lad who is not ashamed to show ambition, I hope he ends up as first choice somewhere decent!

September 27, 2017, 09:21:18 PM
Reply #21

bacon sarnie

Good luck to the lad. He did alright but not quite. Should get a few bob for him like.

September 27, 2017, 09:31:51 PM
Reply #22

Realist

Good decision not to renew

An even better decision would be to opt for a transfer in January to try and secure a place in Spain's World Cup squad

No regrets

😂 Spain squad

September 28, 2017, 07:19:02 PM
Reply #23

D15TIN

He was in talks with deportivo over the summer, heard they couldn't agree on wages, Robles is a decent keeper, mid table PL level - shouldve be getting 5/6mill for him