November 20, 2017, 08:24:21 AM

Author Topic: Bolasie  (Read 1311 times)

September 26, 2017, 10:40:47 PM
Reply #15

Cozzie

I personally think our lack of a wide/pacy player in the window was down to Koeman maybe thinking he will just hang fire until Bolasie and Coleman are back.

Bit risky as I don't feel either will return the same players, at least not until next season.

deCoubertin

September 26, 2017, 11:31:02 PM
Reply #16

Toddacelli

I personally think our lack of a wide/pacy player in the window was down to Koeman maybe thinking he will just hang fire until Bolasie and Coleman are back.

Bit risky as I don't feel either will return the same players, at least not until next season.

Not sure about 1st sentence.

Agree 100% with the 2nd though.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 26, 2017, 11:36:38 PM
Reply #17

bluenuck

I'm calling 2 games till we see the moans about him being useless and he crosses it to nobody.

September 26, 2017, 11:48:04 PM
Reply #18

toffee_scot

Given the fact that Bolasie will have been out for approximately a year, we don't know if his injury will have had a permanent impact on his game, in other words, will he still possess great pace and is he bound to have recurring injury problems as a result of that big injury? I hope we are not placing too much hope in him coming back so soon if we could ease him back slowly and see what role he can play for the 2nd half of the season.

Same applies to Seamus Coleman although I am hoping that Kenny will step up as a right back because I am not comfortable at all with Martina in that position.

September 27, 2017, 12:04:27 AM
Reply #19

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Sad to say but I can't see him returning to the player he was.

The way he would run on the ball, was practically falling over himself but somehow staying upright. Was so hard to defend against, as I don't think even he knew exactly how he would move.  Post ACL surgery I can't see him having the confidence or strength to put that kind of pressure and those angles on his knees that are needed to move how he usually does.

On top of that, received wisdom is a player takes 12-18 months to get back to full strength post surgery. By which time he is in his 30s.

September 27, 2017, 12:10:08 AM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

Good thing is that both players strike me as extremely wily. I think they'd both be able to compensate somewhat for any pace they lose.

With both, I worry most about being able to cut across the pitch laterally.

Kenny being able to pitch in should take some pressure off, as does the move to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2. Assuming one or both actually is a lasting change, and Koeman doesn't fall back on old Cuco/Rooney first habits.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 27, 2017, 01:17:05 AM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i said this in the Bournemath game thread, but it amuses me (and other GENUINE Yannick fans) how many lads on here, not talking about Mikey here, who suddendly are heralding the return of Yannick like a returning God! Before his injury the VAST majority of comment on here was negative, he was getting flak for all sorts, from poor delivery, waste of money, to one lad blaming him for James Comey re-opening Hillarys email file
Similarly pre Seamus injury you had lads here saying he wasn't half the player he used to be, saying we needed to start Holgate/Garbutt/Kenny etc etc
Much like if Morgan/Gylfi or Sandro were to get injured tomorrow and were coming back in 6 months time everyone would say we missed them terribly and it was great for them to be back, where as right now, the same lads are as popular around these parts as a dose of the clap!

Martina makes the heart grow fonder.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 27, 2017, 02:31:21 AM
Reply #22

Paddockoldie

Not a single keepy uppy??? Get rid as soon as he's for.

September 27, 2017, 06:18:19 AM
Reply #23

Running Blue

i said this in the Bournemath game thread, but it amuses me (and other GENUINE Yannick fans) how many lads on here, not talking about Mikey here, who suddendly are heralding the return of Yannick like a returning God! Before his injury the VAST majority of comment on here was negative, he was getting flak for all sorts, from poor delivery, waste of money, to one lad blaming him for James Comey re-opening Hillarys email file
Similarly pre Seamus injury you had lads here saying he wasn't half the player he used to be, saying we needed to start Holgate/Garbutt/Kenny etc etc
Much like if Morgan/Gylfi or Sandro were to get injured tomorrow and were coming back in 6 months time everyone would say we missed them terribly and it was great for them to be back, where as right now, the same lads are as popular around these parts as a dose of the clap!

I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest.  Can we go back to being happy that Bolassie and Coleman are coming back now?

September 27, 2017, 04:51:06 PM
Reply #24

ally2

Watching that video, I can only imagine how annoying he'd be to play against. I got done pretty much every trick just watching.

September 27, 2017, 04:56:58 PM
Reply #25

Macca77

I miss his song

September 27, 2017, 05:51:44 PM
Reply #26

formerKHL

the biggest issue with these type of injuries to both bolasie and coleman...is the mental side once they return...

there's always the fear factor in the back of your mind of being injured again....takes a few games to get past that....

once past it... I think they'll be fine with all other aspects of their game..

September 27, 2017, 06:34:22 PM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Watching that video annoys me
He doesn't need all them tricks and over half the time when he uses them it is to the detriment of his dribble

When he uses raw pace and strength he looks very dangerous

Simply simply lovely