December 14, 2017, 06:11:37 AM

Author Topic: McCarthy  (Read 4725 times)

September 28, 2017, 05:03:14 PM
Reply #30

BlueForYou

I seem to recall Jags being a bit of a midfielder (right back, even) before settling for the CB role

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

deCoubertin

September 28, 2017, 05:25:19 PM
Reply #31

mikey_blue

I seem to recall Jags being a bit of a midfielder (right back, even) before settling for the CB role

Played in goal too.

September 28, 2017, 05:35:06 PM
Reply #32

BlueForYou

There's hope for McCarthy, yet
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 28, 2017, 05:39:09 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Let's stop trying to find reasons for why he's a spineless footballer. He's not a frustrated centre half he's just a limited injury prone midfielder with no balls.

September 28, 2017, 06:32:19 PM
Reply #34

BlueForYou

New balls, please

Anyone for tennis?

Harry Catterick

September 28, 2017, 06:35:59 PM
Reply #35

Bluenose 91

Rather see him get a game than Besic like.

September 28, 2017, 06:46:15 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Rather see him get a game than Besic like.

Don't think either of them are good enough to be honest.

September 28, 2017, 07:38:04 PM
Reply #37

D15TIN

Genuinely forgot he played for us

September 28, 2017, 08:40:49 PM
Reply #38

Bluenose 91

Don't think either of them are good enough to be honest.

As a 4th choice centre mid I think McCarthy is.

Besic is completely useless.

September 28, 2017, 08:44:33 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

As a 4th choice centre mid I think McCarthy is.

Besic is completely useless.

McCarthy is never fit therefore he's not a 4th choice centre midfielder. He's No 1 in the treatment room and very expensive waste of time. 

October 03, 2017, 07:41:13 PM
Reply #40

Marky Mark and the funky

I'll admit I'm listening to an NSNO podcast whilst catching up on threads, so sorry for resurrecting this.

Who wouldn't have McCarthy in the team ahead of Schneiderlin at this point?

Morgs averageness is making me fondly remember a fit McCarthy who at least did a better job of harrying people!

October 03, 2017, 08:04:03 PM
Reply #41

plumber

I'll admit I'm listening to an NSNO podcast whilst catching up on threads, so sorry for resurrecting this.

Who wouldn't have McCarthy in the team ahead of Schneiderlin at this point?

Morgs averageness is making me fondly remember a fit McCarthy who at least did a better job of harrying people!

Schneiderlin is atrocious at the moment, but I don't think replacing him with McCarthy could help.
McCarthy is a poor man's Gana. Two similar players with no creativity is not a good idea.

October 03, 2017, 08:08:06 PM
Reply #42

Marky Mark and the funky

Schneiderlin is atrocious at the moment, but I don't think replacing him with McCarthy could help.
McCarthy is a poor man's Gana. Two similar players with no creativity is not a good idea.

I take the point that McCarthy is more like Gana. My point was also based around the thinking that if Schneiderlin is not going to offer any creativity, would we not be better off playing (again, if fit) McCarthy because at least he generally does better at stopping the opposition scoring. I think Morgan has been less than directly culpable in many goals conceded this season.

Schneiderlin on his game was and will be better but for the moment something is wrong with him.

October 03, 2017, 08:25:10 PM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

We should be trying Klaassen, Davies, etc. paired up w/ Gana or Schneiderlin to shake things up.  Freaking McCarthy is the furthest thing from my mind, getting more crab-like.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 03, 2017, 08:27:02 PM
Reply #44

Lxxx

Wouldn't have McCarthy anywhere near the team, regardless of our current predicament.