October 21, 2017, 04:19:04 AM

Author Topic: McCarthy  (Read 3022 times)

September 27, 2017, 11:24:39 AM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

I still think he has something to offer, he was never an awful player the way people seem to go on.

And I think Koeman like him too, and thinks he has something to offer.

deCoubertin

September 27, 2017, 01:48:25 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Neither use nor ornament to us. Move him on and put the money towards a new centre half.

September 27, 2017, 01:50:42 PM
Reply #17

Bob Sacamano

This national call up is a piss take.

September 27, 2017, 03:23:44 PM
Reply #18

Mac934

I guess the club that pays his salary have no say in the matter then? Otherwise why don't the club just say he's not available as he is unfit, as he has been all season. Doesn't say much for the Irish squad if they are even selecting him.

September 27, 2017, 04:00:01 PM
Reply #19

themilkycoffees

I despise that jack in the box who manages Ireland. Get rid of McCarthy too. Badly let us down by not having the sense to say no to a call-up on a couple of occasions now.

September 27, 2017, 04:08:56 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Just a shame we still have to deal with them idiots over Coleman once McCarthy goes.

September 27, 2017, 04:23:38 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Just a shame we still have to deal with them idiots over Coleman once McCarthy goes.
Half expected to see Coleman getting called up

Simply simply lovely

September 27, 2017, 04:49:47 PM
Reply #22

formerKHL

Brings lots of energy to the team, breaks play up well, defends well, connects well with other players, when he scores (rarely) they're usually good goals......what's not to like ?

hardly his fault he gets international call ups.....not likely to refuse his country....it's more EFC fault for allowing him to go if not 100%...then EFC gets bad press if they don't allow him to go.......

He/it's been unfortunate he's been injured last couple of times playing for his country...could've just as easily been injured playing for us...EFC shouldn't have let him go when he was not 100%.....who dya blame ?

September 27, 2017, 04:54:28 PM
Reply #23

ally2

The last few years he was unbearable to watch. But I can't pretend that his first couple of years he was excellent. Even now he's the perfect destroyer and probably better than Besic.

September 27, 2017, 05:38:19 PM
Reply #24

TheTone

I guess the club that pays his salary have no say in the matter then? Otherwise why don't the club just say he's not available as he is unfit, as he has been all season. Doesn't say much for the Irish squad if they are even selecting him.

Oh we have a truly awful squad, it's embarrassing to watch them play, we are the Sunderland of international football

September 27, 2017, 05:44:54 PM
Reply #25

formerKHL

Oh we have a truly awful squad, it's embarrassing to watch them play, we are the Sunderland of international football

TBF they do tend to punch above their weight though don't they every now and again....do you think that's the O'neil factor or just the players... or just luck of the irish.....Tone?

September 27, 2017, 06:06:38 PM
Reply #26

TheTone

TBF they do tend to punch above their weight though don't they every now and again....do you think that's the O'neil factor or just the players... or just luck of the irish.....Tone?

The team used always be sprinkled with a few excellent players,in recent times like  Robbie Keane, Shay Given,Damien Duff etc , and we always had a chance in games,now it's full of dross that even the best managers in the world could do nowt with

what's more worrying is that there doesn't seem to be any younger players coming through either

September 27, 2017, 06:12:12 PM
Reply #27

formerKHL

Shame that because the fan base is excellent but I think obviously realise that the player pool is not a never ending pit...

Lets hope there's another Jack Charltonesq person in there somewhere who can research player's family trees and stump up a few "irish" foreigners..

September 27, 2017, 06:25:26 PM
Reply #28

Robioto

I completely forgot he still plays for us

Same here...

September 28, 2017, 04:29:52 PM
Reply #29

Tofifee

often thought he was a footballing centre half being played out of position
Could be a Gary Cahill type CB if he had been played there earlier in his career
Probably too late now