August 22, 2019, 04:01:06 PM

Author Topic: [News]Robles running down deal with no regrets  (Read 1778 times)

September 27, 2017, 12:33:19 PM
Read 1778 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I assume all the Barkley haters will be in uproar that Robles won't sign a contract extension so we get paid when he leaves?

September 27, 2017, 12:47:54 PM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Well no...

Because Robles isn't worth a carrot.

In today's market we'd get a few million for him.

So what's the amount of money you're happy to throw away?

September 27, 2017, 02:39:28 PM
Reply #2

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Not my money, therefore I couldn't care less but just to be clear... Are you actually pretending to not see the difference between +30m and a nominal 1-2m?

Of course I see the difference. However it's not a nominal amount. Even if it was 1-2m (I think we're talking around 4-5m), in the context of a club which has turnover of 125m a year, 1-2% of turnover is hardly money any self-respecting business would write off as if it doesn't matter.

So my question again would be, what is the threshold for where it matters vs. doesn't matter if a player decides to prioritise their own career vs. ensuring the club gets paid?

And finally, if it's not your money and you couldn't care less, why hate on Barkley whatever the amount? (I'm not sure if you are one of the Barkley haters but you've taken up their mantle in this debate so I'll assume so).

September 27, 2017, 04:07:09 PM
Reply #3

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Has his scouse impression in that Tom Davies video with Mirallas (Chicken lad) got you mistakenly thinking that Robles is an academy graduate that has been here for years and has an affinity for the club?

Ah I see. We should only hate on our own. Gotcha.