November 21, 2017, 04:26:59 PM

Author Topic: [News]Robles running down deal with no regrets  (Read 973 times)

September 27, 2017, 03:57:21 AM
Read 973 times

Everton News

Robles running down deal with no regrets

Everton's forgotten goalkeeper Joel Robles says he will end his Everton career at the end of this season after deciding not to renew his contract with the Blues.

Source: Robles running down deal with no regrets

deCoubertin

September 27, 2017, 05:23:39 AM
Reply #1

MmmBlueRamirez

Yeah, that's because no ones stupid enough to buy him off of us.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 27, 2017, 11:21:26 AM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

September 27, 2017, 12:33:19 PM
Reply #3

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I assume all the Barkley haters will be in uproar that Robles won't sign a contract extension so we get paid when he leaves?

September 27, 2017, 12:42:53 PM
Reply #4

BlueBeagle

I assume all the Barkley haters will be in uproar that Robles won't sign a contract extension so we get paid when he leaves?

Well no...

Because Robles isn't worth a carrot.

September 27, 2017, 12:47:54 PM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Well no...

Because Robles isn't worth a carrot.

In today's market we'd get a few million for him.

So what's the amount of money you're happy to throw away?

September 27, 2017, 12:56:13 PM
Reply #6

BlueBeagle

In today's market we'd get a few million for him.

So what's the amount of money you're happy to throw away?

Not my money, therefore I couldn't care less but just to be clear... Are you actually pretending to not see the difference between +30m and a nominal 1-2m?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:30:43 PM by BlueBeagle »

September 27, 2017, 01:39:39 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

September 27, 2017, 02:39:28 PM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Not my money, therefore I couldn't care less but just to be clear... Are you actually pretending to not see the difference between +30m and a nominal 1-2m?

Of course I see the difference. However it's not a nominal amount. Even if it was 1-2m (I think we're talking around 4-5m), in the context of a club which has turnover of 125m a year, 1-2% of turnover is hardly money any self-respecting business would write off as if it doesn't matter.

So my question again would be, what is the threshold for where it matters vs. doesn't matter if a player decides to prioritise their own career vs. ensuring the club gets paid?

And finally, if it's not your money and you couldn't care less, why hate on Barkley whatever the amount? (I'm not sure if you are one of the Barkley haters but you've taken up their mantle in this debate so I'll assume so).

September 27, 2017, 02:58:49 PM
Reply #9

BlueBeagle

Of course I see the difference. However it's not a nominal amount. Even if it was 1-2m (I think we're talking around 4-5m), in the context of a club which has turnover of 125m a year, 1-2% of turnover is hardly money any self-respecting business would write off as if it doesn't matter.

So my question again would be, what is the threshold for where it matters vs. doesn't matter if a player decides to prioritise their own career vs. ensuring the club gets paid?

And finally, if it's not your money and you couldn't care less, why hate on Barkley whatever the amount? (I'm not sure if you are one of the Barkley haters but you've taken up their mantle in this debate so I'll assume so).

Threshold,  I don't know. If there was a guaranteed buyer for Robles, as was the case with Barkley, then people would probably have an issue with it. As there wasn't (to our knowledge) coupled with the fact that he's shit, people are generally not bothered.

I'm not a Barkley hater (I think he's vastly overrated by some, overly derided by others), but I'd imagine that there's a degree of people being sick of the on-going saga around the contract issue.

September 27, 2017, 03:35:22 PM
Reply #10

BlueNoseMike

Has his scouse impression in that Tom Davies video with Mirallas (Chicken lad) got you mistakenly thinking that Robles is an academy graduate that has been here for years and has an affinity for the club?

September 27, 2017, 03:45:37 PM
Reply #11

BlueForYou

Good decision not to renew

An even better decision would be to opt for a transfer in January to try and secure a place in Spain's World Cup squad

No regrets
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 27, 2017, 03:49:21 PM
Reply #12

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
He's one of those that people will look back and be way too harsh on how bad he was for us

When he had a run in the team his form improved and he kept a decent amount of clean sheeets. Also i met him and he was sound!

I wish him all the best. He's been harshly demoted to 3rd choice in my opinion
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 27, 2017, 03:51:39 PM
Reply #13

BlueForYou

Name of the game

Move on, like Gareth Barry
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 27, 2017, 04:07:09 PM
Reply #14

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Has his scouse impression in that Tom Davies video with Mirallas (Chicken lad) got you mistakenly thinking that Robles is an academy graduate that has been here for years and has an affinity for the club?

Ah I see. We should only hate on our own. Gotcha.