November 23, 2017, 09:10:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]Is Ronald Koeman the man to lead Everton above Liverpool?  (Read 868 times)

September 28, 2017, 09:39:47 PM
Read 868 times

Everton News

Is Ronald Koeman the man to lead Everton above Liverpool?

Four games. That's all former Crystal Palace manager Frank de Boer was given to prove his worth as a Premier League boss. 360 minutes of top-flight football. The modern game has gone mad.

Source: Is Ronald Koeman the man to lead Everton above Liverpool?

deCoubertin

September 28, 2017, 10:11:09 PM
Reply #1

School of Science

Why above Liverpool ? Surely a better title would be " To lead us to silverware ". Bollix to Liverpool.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 28, 2017, 10:25:22 PM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
"Pipping their Merseyside rivals in the Premier League table is the main objective for the Toffees this season as they start their journey to the summit of English football. Donít write Everton off just yet; Koeman can get the better of Klopp in the long term."

Main objective? Not having that. If we are winning things, it could well have the nice benefit of us performing better than Liverpool though.

As for getting the better of Klopp, we've not seen much to suggest that so far. Liverpool are unbalanced too in their attributes but compared to us they look far more functional as collective unit.

September 28, 2017, 10:30:52 PM
Reply #3

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

September 28, 2017, 10:44:10 PM
Reply #4

Faceatthefence

Two fixtures per season should be the clubs only concern with our friendly flag wavers next door.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 28, 2017, 10:53:57 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 28, 2017, 10:57:46 PM
Reply #6

gizzblue

While I would love a much awaited win at Analfield ....we have our own season to worry about fuck them .

September 28, 2017, 10:58:16 PM
Reply #7

sirblue57

I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

September 28, 2017, 11:04:47 PM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, let's all pretend we don't give a fuck about finishing above the shite.

(Bad form to admit it, I know)

September 28, 2017, 11:09:21 PM
Reply #9

sam of the south

Yeah, don't get me wrong, after qualifying for Europe and winning some silverware it is my main objective for us each year.

But that article is patronising.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 28, 2017, 11:22:07 PM
Reply #10

Danny

We finished ahead of them twice in a row didn't we a few years ago, but it's not even worth a mention in terms of my top memories I have of supporting us the last 27 years.

I'd rather we beat them twice but finished a point below them than finished a point above but lost both games (as long as it didn't lead to us missing European qualification).

Somewhat related to the topic, if we win tonight and go on to beat Burnley will people realise all their Koeman out shouts were a bit nuts?

We'd have 10 points and likely be within touching distance of 7th.

September 28, 2017, 11:28:48 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

September 28, 2017, 11:50:53 PM
Reply #12

Ross

Give up on the Europa league in the hope it doesn't hinder our chances of finishing above the shite?

Is someone taking the piss with this?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 29, 2017, 12:30:25 AM
Reply #13

School of Science

Be honest would you rather win a trophy or finish above them, I would much rather win a trophy, even the Carribou cup or whatever the fuck it's called now. Let them have their bragging rights in two games they say do not matter to them, lol.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 29, 2017, 12:30:54 AM
Reply #14

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, don't get me wrong, after qualifying for Europe and winning some silverware it is my main objective for us each year.

But that article is patronising.

I hadn't read it. Just have. I don't normally like to criticise NSNO articles given I appreciate the effort people here are putting into that site. But fucking hell.