October 17, 2017, 02:51:17 PM

Author Topic: [News]Rooney : We're still finding our feet  (Read 978 times)

September 29, 2017, 02:43:43 PM
Reply #15

sirblue57

They should be looking at finding team mates then.  Pricks
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 02:50:28 PM
Reply #16

BlueForYou

Give me eleven Wayne Rooneys, anyday
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 29, 2017, 02:55:03 PM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's an easy target.

He was the scapegoat for a poor England side when he was probably the best player, and the same is happening here.

Never hiding, constant trying to make a difference and actually try things, which is more than can be said for the absolute crabs around him.

September 29, 2017, 03:20:58 PM
Reply #18

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Is this a new thing at Everton the last few years where whoever it is that scores all the goals for us is the one responsible for us not winning?

September 29, 2017, 03:33:38 PM
Reply #19

mikey_blue

Poorly thought out recruitment has caused this. One of Sig or Rooney would of been enough. Surround either of them with some runners and an adequate striker and that attack would look different.

September 29, 2017, 04:15:30 PM
Reply #20

hill135

It's not scapegoating him to point out the flaws in his game.

The concerns some pointed out before we signed weren't the he was 'finished' as such but that he's tactically thick. He has been for a number of years and always will be. I agree his roaming all over the field doesn't help our balance but this has been his game for a long time.

For me I don't think it's a a major issue, or it's at least way down the list of pressing issues with our current team. I think, fitness allowing, he should still play as often as possible as a lone number 9 or a second striker in a front two cos he actually has some balls, experience of winning things and the desire to actually try something with the ball.

September 29, 2017, 05:04:45 PM
Reply #21

Redartin

Give me eleven Wayne Rooneys, anyday

A whole team of No 10's.

Is that you Ronald?
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

September 29, 2017, 05:07:43 PM
Reply #22

BlueForYou

I sink so, y'know - disappointing!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 29, 2017, 06:08:57 PM
Reply #23

dazfrancis

It's not scapegoating him to point out the flaws in his game.

The concerns some pointed out before we signed weren't the he was 'finished' as such but that he's tactically thick. He has been for a number of years and always will be. I agree his roaming all over the field doesn't help our balance but this has been his game for a long time.

For me I don't think it's a a major issue, or it's at least way down the list of pressing issues with our current team. I think, fitness allowing, he should still play as often as possible as a lone number 9 or a second striker in a front two cos he actually has some balls, experience of winning things and the desire to actually try something with the ball.

I don't think he has lost much physically but his discipline, especially positionally is very poor.

The manager needs to tell him to play in the final third and to only find space there. I.e. be patient and don't go hunting for the ball if it doesn't come to after 5 passes.

He's no fucking use if he is playing as deep as Schneiderlin.

September 29, 2017, 07:34:49 PM
Reply #24

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He's an easy target.

He was the scapegoat for a poor England side when he was probably the best player, and the same is happening here.

Never hiding, constant trying to make a difference and actually try things, which is more than can be said for the absolute crabs around him.

It's not all negative with Rooney, but when a team is set up to almost flow through a certain player (see the England team, and us to an extent) it doesn't work if that player isn't up to carrying that burden, and Rooney just isn't that level of player anymore.

When does it not become a coincidence that every side he's played in within the last few years has been so truly insipid and slow in the attack?

September 29, 2017, 08:13:11 PM
Reply #25

Evertonian in NC

It's not all negative with Rooney, but when a team is set up to almost flow through a certain player (see the England team, and us to an extent) it doesn't work if that player isn't up to carrying that burden, and Rooney just isn't that level of player anymore.

When does it not become a coincidence that every side he's played in within the last few years has been so truly insipid and slow in the attack?

THIS.  I don't know if when Rooney is on the pitch, the players feel like they have to defer to him, Rooney sucks up all the oxygen, whatever - we don't have much of a sample size, but we flowed when he came off last weekend, and it was the same old shite against the 8th-position Cypriate side midweek.

Rooney has more physically than I expected, but he doesn't play within himself (the new self, which he's been for quite some time now), or seem like he is willing to learn.  In a complementary role, he could and should be very good.  Rotational forward in a 4-4-2 with DCL, Sandro, and Niasse.

But no, we've got to help him show United they were wrong.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 29, 2017, 08:22:01 PM
Reply #26

Lxxx

He wants to be everywhere and on the ball all the time, which doesn't lend itself to a very structured team shape. If he's playing up top stay up top, don't be picking the ball up off Baines and then spraying it wide to Kenny.

He's part of the problem and part of the solution.

September 29, 2017, 08:37:32 PM
Reply #27

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Like alcohol hahahaha
I have to return some videotapes.

September 29, 2017, 11:12:41 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He wants to be everywhere and on the ball all the time, which doesn't lend itself to a very structured team shape. If he's playing up top stay up top, don't be picking the ball up off Baines and then spraying it wide to Kenny.

Last sentence nails it there.

You can also put Siggurdson in there

September 30, 2017, 01:19:33 AM
Reply #29

Realist

Ah Wayne Rooney, what a great player he WAS. He peaked at about 24 years of age and declined slowly from that point onwards.
He became a hindrance to the Mancs & when we came calling they practically threw him at us, as part of a deal in which we gave them our best player & one of the worlds best strikers for a pittance of his true worth.
If Coutinho was worth 140+M & M'Bappe 166M then what was Lukaku's real price?
Embarrassing business from the knobs who run the club
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:20:47 AM by Realist »