November 24, 2017, 11:55:34 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 10356 times)

October 01, 2017, 03:18:28 AM
Reply #75

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yet lightyears behind

Yeah but I'm a glass half full type of guy.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 01, 2017, 05:21:12 AM
Reply #76

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 01, 2017, 06:18:20 AM
Reply #77

bluenuck

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/sep/30/ronald-koeman-everton-burnley

Sad thing is is we will let them walk into Goodison and actually give us a good game... When we should be dominating them for the get go.

October 01, 2017, 07:07:22 AM
Reply #78

sam of the south

Pickford
            Kenny Holgate Williams Baines
                 Davies Gana Sigurdsson
                  Lookman DCL Vlasic

Stekelenburg, Besic, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Sandro, Niasse
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 01, 2017, 07:43:39 AM
Reply #79

Buck76

Pickford
                 Davies Gana Sigurdsson
                  Lookman DCL Vlasic

Stekelenburg, Besic, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Sandro, Niasse

We need to get back to basics, we've not got the players for 433.... we have gone so far back in our play it's shockingly embarrassing.... & the Inept Tactics/team selection by Keoman is criminal, We start so shite cause there's no belief in the team & they're right..... it's like he wants to get sacked & blame Walsh for not getting a Striker.....

Pickford
             Vlasic Davies Gana Sigurdsson
                       DCL Niasse

Stekelenburg, Besic, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Sandro, lookman

October 01, 2017, 11:08:15 AM
Reply #80

eyesalwaysblue

The more I think about the FC Flip Flop result in the week the worse it just keeps getting, if Burnley play as they have been and we don't improve hugely in all areas we're up against it to say the least. Will Klueman play Niasse? will DCL and Davies start? how many 10s? will the crowd like the starting 11 and get behind the team to lift us to victory and onto the road to rehab/recovery? Oh i can't fuckin stand the strain.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 01, 2017, 01:28:04 PM
Reply #81

dekko

Where is Lennon?

How about getting some speed in Team and start 2 proper wingers? and DCL upfront? That would solve our slowness problems. If it doesn’t work, get Niasse in the box to add strength.

October 01, 2017, 02:17:50 PM
Reply #82

sam of the south

We need to get back to basics, we've not got the players for 433.... we have gone so far back in our play it's shockingly embarrassing.... & the Inept Tactics/team selection by Keoman is criminal, We start so shite cause there's no belief in the team & they're right..... it's like he wants to get sacked & blame Walsh for not getting a Striker.....

Pickford
             Vlasic Davies Gana Sigurdsson
                       DCL Niasse

Stekelenburg, Besic, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Sandro, lookman

So all you would do is change Lookman for Niasse?

4-3-3, 4-4-2 can both become each other, and a few other combinations throughout a match.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 01, 2017, 03:28:05 PM
Reply #83

Rodenplav64

4-3-3, 4-4-2 can both become each other, and a few other combinations throughout a match.

Once the whistle goes it will be the usual everyman for himself formation . Mind you even a scrappy 1-0 will lift us into the top half and allow us all to get behind the Manager over the international break . A loss however ......................

October 01, 2017, 03:43:40 PM
Reply #84

Realist

Not looking forward to this at all

October 01, 2017, 03:44:34 PM
Reply #85

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
A win really is essential today

I think Vlasic has earned a start after his performance in europe and would be reassuring to see him start so at least the fans can be assured that Koeman is noticing some of the things that has been going wrong with team selection recently

I think Niasse will be on the bench, if we do start the way we usually do i.e. Shite first half I really hope he does call on him to come on and make an impact

If he does start without Vlasic but does start the full trio of Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson then I fear he may not be learning anything
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 01, 2017, 04:07:30 PM
Reply #86

Buck76

Just need to lose this notion we can play a formation we clearly don't have the players for, we are far too narrow, pedestrian & toothless to be kidding ourselves with a 433.... our team spirit has been basically distroyed and the management of the squad at every level has been totally inept.

October 01, 2017, 04:12:38 PM
Reply #87

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure why, but I'm feeling confident about this one.

A solid win here would make all the hysterical doom and gloom merchants on here over the last few days look a bit silly.

Or we might get battered and I'll become one of them.

October 01, 2017, 04:14:18 PM
Reply #88

Simon Paul

Administrator
Have my season ticket away for this today. Will probably end up watching on TV though

October 01, 2017, 04:21:20 PM
Reply #89

Bluedylan

Not sure why, but I'm feeling confident about this one.

A solid win here would make all the hysterical doom and gloom merchants on here over the last few days look a bit silly.

Or we might get battered and I'll become one of them.

Don't think there's been much hysteria tbh. Just people who can see where this train is headed.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.