October 22, 2018, 10:00:46 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 25978 times)

October 01, 2017, 04:12:38 PM
Read 25978 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure why, but I'm feeling confident about this one.

A solid win here would make all the hysterical doom and gloom merchants on here over the last few days look a bit silly.

Or we might get battered and I'll become one of them.

October 01, 2017, 04:59:21 PM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think there's been much hysteria tbh.

From the last 24 hours on this thread and one other I could be bothered to look into below.

Oh i can't fuckin stand the strain.

our team spirit has been basically distroyed and the management of the squad at every level has been totally inept.

Yeah Koemams ego won't allow kenny much game time over Martina.

Moyes was world class

i only say Unsworth as he will bring some passion to our team and he his team actually play some football.  he isnt too arrogant to make changes.

Koeman actually seems like he is waiting for his next job ;/

Problem is a lot of us havnt seen such piss poor performances in over thirty odd years.

October 01, 2017, 05:18:06 PM
Reply #2

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Ok maybe a little hysteria, but there's also lots of calmer, more considered posters who broadly agree with the sentiment that he needs to go based upon evidence and reason.

Yeah for sure. I wouldn't even be upset if we got rid of him as I've never massively rated him, so I'm not particularly confident he'll ever turn out to be a massive success for us.

But, that aside, I think he did pretty well last season and there's enough mitigating circumstances (mostly injuries, a brand new squad to integrate, and a challenging fixture schedule) that it feels premature to say he should be fired now based on the season so far.

Ultimately for me it comes down to what the alternative is. Just getting rid without a sensible replacement lined up would be foolish in my opinion.

October 01, 2017, 05:38:21 PM
Reply #3

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
in other threads i've said koeman needs time, and wish he changes as i want him to succeed,

guess the comments i made about having a laugh/joke where missed and where seen as hysteria.. (even tho ive based it on the team and how we are.. but yeah pick on the guys who you assume have a psychological disorder... cant even have jokes with out someone claiming they dont care, caring.) going to give my first tool :D

Maybe if you got rid of the massive horrible signature, your posts wouldn't stick out as much :)

To be fair, I did take your quote on Moyes a bit out of context. But you have seriously suggested Unsworth as manager.

October 01, 2017, 06:19:46 PM
Reply #4

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I'll take it out. why is the sig horrible? its the evolution of our club badge..

It's just massive and annoying to scroll past every single time I read one of your posts.

My personal opinion though, no big deal. Thanks for getting rid though.

October 01, 2017, 09:05:59 PM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I'm confused. According to everyone on here, the reason we were doing badly this season was because:

- We were playing more than 1 number 10 at the same time
- We had no width
- We weren't starting Niasse
- We needed to drop Rooney

So all those problems have been fixed, and we're still losing and creating hardly any clear cut chances.

What gives?

October 01, 2017, 09:31:12 PM
Reply #6

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Can we get the player who scores all our goals and has more talent than this 11 put together on the pitch now please?

October 01, 2017, 10:02:50 PM
Reply #7

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
International break?

Oh fuck off.

October 01, 2017, 10:51:56 PM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
This is about the strength of it. We're still a small club playing at being a big boy. Making costly errors in appointments and contract terms.

To be fair, no one on here has a clue what the termination clauses are in Koeman's contract. There could easily be a clause saying something like if you're in the bottom 5 after 10 games you can be fired with only 1m payable.

Obviously I'm making the numbers up but it's not a given that you fire a manager and then have to pay out the full remainder of their contract term.

October 01, 2017, 10:57:17 PM
Reply #9

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
We have form in doing exactly that and the fact we had to pay so much to get him I would be surprised if he came for a contract that had an escape route for us.

I'd like to think with Moshiri, an accountant, in charge, we'd have a bit more nous in the negotiation department on this kind of thing than Kenwright had in the past.

But as I said, none of us know. It's all guesswork.

De Boer for example only received 2m payoff when he had a contract totalling 6m.