November 23, 2017, 04:31:22 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 10097 times)

October 01, 2017, 04:21:38 PM
Reply #90

DannyR

Hope we put a shit load past these.

Expecting a draw or to lose.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

October 01, 2017, 04:34:26 PM
Reply #91

Lxxx

Win today, however it comes, and we go 8th which after the start we have had is about par to be honest.

Yes it's been shite to watch but there is still time for him to realise the errors he keeps making and rectify them. I think he's on a game by game judgement at the minute by the fans, up to him how much he's arsed about staying really.

October 01, 2017, 04:59:21 PM
Reply #92

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think there's been much hysteria tbh.

From the last 24 hours on this thread and one other I could be bothered to look into below.

Oh i can't fuckin stand the strain.

our team spirit has been basically distroyed and the management of the squad at every level has been totally inept.

Yeah Koemams ego won't allow kenny much game time over Martina.

Moyes was world class

i only say Unsworth as he will bring some passion to our team and he his team actually play some football.  he isnt too arrogant to make changes.

Koeman actually seems like he is waiting for his next job ;/

Problem is a lot of us havnt seen such piss poor performances in over thirty odd years.

October 01, 2017, 05:05:30 PM
Reply #93

Bluedylan

From the last 24 hours on this thread and one other I could be bothered to look into below.

Ok maybe a little hysteria, but there's also lots of calmer, more considered posters who broadly agree with the sentiment that he needs to go based upon evidence and reason.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 01, 2017, 05:06:29 PM
Reply #94

stirlingblue

So far this season Burnley have beat Chelsea away and drew at Spurs and Liverpool.

Let's not pretend this is going to be a push over, they're technically poor but a very well drilled side

October 01, 2017, 05:18:06 PM
Reply #95

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Ok maybe a little hysteria, but there's also lots of calmer, more considered posters who broadly agree with the sentiment that he needs to go based upon evidence and reason.

Yeah for sure. I wouldn't even be upset if we got rid of him as I've never massively rated him, so I'm not particularly confident he'll ever turn out to be a massive success for us.

But, that aside, I think he did pretty well last season and there's enough mitigating circumstances (mostly injuries, a brand new squad to integrate, and a challenging fixture schedule) that it feels premature to say he should be fired now based on the season so far.

Ultimately for me it comes down to what the alternative is. Just getting rid without a sensible replacement lined up would be foolish in my opinion.

October 01, 2017, 05:22:02 PM
Reply #96

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
We can't be making an effort ourselves now can we! It has been different at Goodison. Everton are "we", players, fans. If we think we may be able to help then we should try, not just sit there thinking we're the King with his jester.

I know all this about they get paid loads, but we play against teams who also get paid loads, so that's cancelled out. Plus we know this before we go the match. We hurt just the same when we lose as I'm sure fans did in the 19th Century when the players were on their wages then.
I didn't mean that to be turned into a rant sorry.
You're right it hasn't always been like this. Sadly I think it's partly down to a modern culture of believing we have a right that everything should be done for us and done instantly.
It's not just Everton though, it's there throughout football.
Hypocrisy by fans everywhere is both an annoyance and an endless source of amusement.
We need to spend the money. Well, so long as it isn't mine.
Sky is ruining football, I know I watch Sky every day.
The media is crap,  I know that as well because I buy it.
You can't believe a f***ing  thing you read in the papers. Koeman should be sacked , The Daily Mail said Messi liked Merseyside and we didn't pick up on it.
TV pundit says we need a centre forward. Never says a good word about us the bellend.

There's a whole new thread in here somewhere.

Back on topic (other) people need to make a noise and create atmosphere.

The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 01, 2017, 05:24:31 PM
Reply #97

Realist

Yeah for sure. I wouldn't even be upset if we got rid of him as I've never massively rated him, so I'm not particularly confident he'll ever turn out to be a massive success for us.

But, that aside, I think he did pretty well last season and there's enough mitigating circumstances (mostly injuries, a brand new squad to integrate, and a challenging fixture schedule) that it feels premature to say he should be fired now based on the season so far.

Ultimately for me it comes down to what the alternative is. Just getting rid without a sensible replacement lined up would be foolish in my opinion.

It's probably understandable we did well in his first season, everyone knows what Koeman did as a player and no doubt they would've been desperate to impress him.
Over time as he's put his stamp onto the team and moulded it into his side we've become unbalanced, slow & shit

October 01, 2017, 05:26:04 PM
Reply #98

SANA_DR0

in other threads i've said koeman needs time, and wish he changes as i want him to succeed,

guess the comments i made about having a laugh/joke where missed and where seen as hysteria.. (even tho ive based it on the team and how we are.. but yeah pick on the guys who you assume have a psychological disorder... cant even have jokes with out someone claiming they dont care, caring.) going to give my first tool :D

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 05:27:07 PM
Reply #99

Realist

in other threads i've said koeman needs time, and wish he changes as i want him to succeed,

guess the comments i made about having a laugh/joke where missed and where seen as hysteria.. (even tho ive based it on the team and how we are.. but yeah pick on the guys who you assume have a psychological disorder... cant even have jokes with out someone claiming they dont care, caring.) going to give my first tool :D

Don't do it

October 01, 2017, 05:28:42 PM
Reply #100

SANA_DR0

Not sure why, but I'm feeling confident about this one.

A solid win here would make all the hysterical doom and gloom merchants on here over the last few days look a bit silly.

Or we might get battered and I'll become one of them.

now that is hysterical, have you seen us play this season? what makes you think for this one match, Koeman will change his whole ethos?

fuck it.

4-0 double for Niasse and DCL.
COYB
[/qu
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:33:52 PM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 05:38:21 PM
Reply #101

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

Maybe if you got rid of the massive horrible signature, your posts wouldn't stick out as much :)

To be fair, I did take your quote on Moyes a bit out of context. But you have seriously suggested Unsworth as manager.

October 01, 2017, 05:38:59 PM
Reply #102

Ross

So far this season Burnley have beat Chelsea away and drew at Spurs and Liverpool.

Let's not pretend this is going to be a push over, they're technically poor but a very well drilled side

Let's not hand out the excuses before hand though.

Yeah so far they've done well against the better teams but they've also struggled against others. By far and away their best result was against Chelsea but they were hangling on against 9 men in the end to get a freak win, let's not paint them as something to be feared.

Failing to win today would be very poor. Immunity was meant to have stopped at the Utd game, it can't keep on.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 01, 2017, 05:42:45 PM
Reply #103

SANA_DR0

Maybe if you got rid of the massive horrible signature, your posts wouldn't stick out as much :)

To be fair, I did take your quote on Moyes a bit out of context. But you have seriously suggested Unsworth as manager.

I'll take it out. why is the sig horrible? its the evolution of our club badge..

Yes i have suggested Unsworth, but not seriously ive said it on a post, it causes fume which provide laughs,

I mention Unsworth as his under 23 team has the opposite ethos of our first team.. I'd want a decent manager, someone who is going to take us up some levels, not only in his name. but his tactics.

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 05:58:50 PM
Reply #104

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Same debate going on in about five other threads.