October 23, 2017, 02:52:21 PM

Author Topic: Match Ratings V Apollon  (Read 660 times)

September 29, 2017, 05:18:25 PM
Read 660 times

SANA_DR0

Pickford -  5 -  He did ok, dont think he could have done anything for either goal, He could have got the defence to line up higher for the second goal, I feel like he could have caught, done better with a few of the long range shots, he just seemed to parry them back out in to danger, but they went to our players.

Kenny     -   6  -  Ok in defense,  didnt really attack until the second half, he needs someone to do 1-2's with so he can get in behind, but due to koemans formation/setup. He has no one to interact with, couple of decent crosses in the second half when DCL came on, I guess thats cos there was actually someone in the box to aim at, really a waste of time Kenny even attacking if we have no one in the box for him to deliver too, Koeman gets points knocked off for this.

Baines    -   6   -  Made some solid tackles and interceptions, was one of our best attacking outlets, did some nice work with Davies when Davies was moved on to the left wing.. So many times Baines was free, hands up, no one passing to him.. half the section i was in, kept raising our arms in the first half trying to get Schneiderlin or Siggy or Rooney to spot him. but nope, Baines had his head in his hands/hips so many times frustrated at the lack of ball time.

William   -  3   -  Yes 3, He is a lot worse in real life, than i give him credit for... I can only recall one positive defensive piece of play and that was in the second half when he robbed the ball off one of their attackers on the half way line. I know he made a run in the first half into the oppositions penalty area, but your a fucking defender, so many mistakes.. i counted atleast 8, then I gave up counting.. Literally everyone around me was dreading he was going to make  another costly error.

Holgate  -  6  - Played well,  Pretty composed even having Williams next to him, confident to bring the ball out, good timing on his challanges.

Gana-Gueye  -  5   - Due to Koeman playing him on the right hand side of midfield, which is not his position,. and  koeman playing 2 fucking defensive midfielders against third rate opposition,  Did a lot more than Schneiderlin. but still too much passing back, due to Koemans formation of having no outlets.

Schneiderlin  -   5  -  seriously, who the fuck are you? where is the real MS??? so negative, apprehensive, even if he has space and time in front of him., he will let the ball roll behind him, and either go back or start to go forward or sideways even so slowly... We only need one defensive midfielder, Koemans fault again, I guess he thought Apollon where on Chelsea/Man City levels so we needed 2 defensive midfielders.

Davies  -   6   -  Killing our most effective midfielder by playing him out of position for the entire match, right wing. then left wing,, Davies is not a winger!! He's one of Englands best young box to box midfielders, Yes he had an off night, some of his passing was terrible, especially in the second half, but he was always getting into the box even with out the ball, but he isnt a fucking striker. Thank you Koeman again

Siggy -   5    - 45 million LOL, dont recall him doing anything besides the flick for Vlasic and a volley that he hit on the turn, Probably would get higher if he and Rooney didnt occupy the same areas, lots of times he was the main striker in the box/furthest forward, same issue as Davies; not a striker.

Rooney -  5 - If it wasnt for his goal, He would have had 4, Disgraceful how he drops off, leaving us with no outball, or striker You can not play Rooney and Sandro, both players go looking for the ball dropping deeper and deeper, leaving the oppositions defense with no one to mark. no threat, waste of a position.

Sandro -  4  -  want to give him higher, expected a lot more than he has offered, Wish we actually played him in a 2, so he can go for a walk about(as he likes to stay outside the box, or shoot from outside the box) but he needs a foil ie DCL, but other than that, he looked downhearted a lot, Koeman is killing the confidence of a lot of our players by playing them i nthe wrong positions/not to their strengths.

Vlasic -   7 and a half - Easily MOTM  why didnt Koeman start with him? Cant Koeman see we need outlets? and he is one who can carry the ball, an had some awesome skills, Way above everyone else on the pitch, cant wait to see more of him.

DCL   -  6  -  The match changed when he came on, we had an outlet, we stretched the pitch, Rooney could drop off and we still had someone up top!! I know he missed the chance at the end, but that would have papered over the cracks and issues, if DCL had played all game, the match would have been a lot different and a lot less negative. (as we would have had a player stretching their back line)

Klaassen  -  4   - Koemans being sayings he's off form,  that he needs time. Klaassen was not the right player to bring on, he looked timid, even scared to touch the ball, just pathetic easy square balls, not even running with the ball.. His confidence looks shot, like a lot of our players, All down to Koeman for not utalising his players correctly.

Koeman fucking -1-  Due to, him saying before the match ' I will play my strongest team' that was not your strongest team. no where near, playing Davies as a winger. playing 2 holding midfielders cos we're playing real madrid, setting up negatively and passively., not having any wide players or outlets, playing 3 players who play as number tens, (leaving no main striker and no way of any of our players to get the ball forwards quickly) for playing Rooney and Sandro, surely he seems them in training every day and see's them drop off, He must have known we'd have no central striker.. he;s the fucking manager,. if everyone at Goodison could see it. surely he could!!!
Most of all for blaming the players for being fucking scared.. no you idiot. your scared, setting up with players in the wrong positions, 2 defensive midfielders, his negativity has rubbed off on to our players, they have no outlets, no wonder their going to pass backwards and sideways. Worst of all., 10 matches in and he hasnt even fucking noticed this.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 05:29:56 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 05:27:33 PM
Reply #1

mikey_blue

I'm in work so I can't do a full in depth analysis, because i'll get sacked.

Pros: Vlasic looks like he can play.

Cons: Another sub-par display caused by playing players out of position and not addressing the obvious need for a bit of pace. This squad is unbalanced, and Koeman blaming individual error is poor form. I wish he'd take some of this blame, and change it up a bit.

September 29, 2017, 05:29:40 PM
Reply #2

themilkycoffees

Klaassen 4 and Davies 6? I'm a big fan of Tom Davies but if you're giving Klaassen a 4 for playing it simple (and keeping the ball by the way) then how is Davies a 6 when he gave it away almost every time he had it in the second half.

September 29, 2017, 05:33:36 PM
Reply #3

Macca77

Pickford - 5
Kenny - 5
Baines  - 5
William - 3
Holgate  - 4
Gueye - 4
Schneiderlin  - 5
Davies - 4
Sigurdsson - 5
Rooney - 5
Sandro - 4
Vlasic - 7
DCL - 6
Klaassen - 5

Koeman - fuck all

September 29, 2017, 05:33:55 PM
Reply #4

SANA_DR0

Klaassen 4 and Davies 6? I'm a big fan of Tom Davies but if you're giving Klaassen a 4 for playing it simple (and keeping the ball by the way) then how is Davies a 6 when he gave it away almost every time he had it in the second half.

Davies played well in the first half, He was moved all over the place, still didnt give up, wasnt afraid to get the ball and move it forwards, lots of times when Rooney and Sandro dropped off, He was the furthest player forwards. he got a 6 for still making those runs/ getting into dangerous positions. Yes he tired as the match went on, but i wont just rate him on the bad passes, i rate him on his over all performance.

4 for Klaassen, cos he seemed like bambi in headlights, he didnt get forwards, he did basic side passes to a player who was literally 2 metres away. he took no responsibility, If Davies kept passing to the closest player with backpasses, he wouldnt have mis placed a pass. but he also wouldnt have got a 6.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 29, 2017, 05:41:44 PM
Reply #5

themilkycoffees

Davies played well in the first half, He was moved all over the place, still didnt give up, wasnt afraid to get the ball and move it forwards, lots of times when Rooney and Sandro dropped off, He was the furthest player forwards. he got a 6 for still making those runs/ getting into dangerous positions. Yes he tired as the match went on, but i wont just rate him on the bad passes, i rate him on his over all performance.

4 for Klaassen, cos he seemed like bambi in headlights, he didnt get forwards, he did basic side passes to a player who was literally 2 metres away. he took no responsibility, If Davies kept passing to the closest player with backpasses, he wouldnt have mis placed a pass. but he also wouldnt have got a 6.

I don't think TD played particularly well in the first half but I did appreciate that he didn't go into hiding when he started playing really poorly in the second. He's a young and very talented player who will occasionally have bad games. I wouldn't put that second half performance down to tiredness though. I'm not having a go at Davies, but find it hard to see how Klaassen is a 4 when he didn't do too much wrong. Ratings below a 5 should be reserved for genuinely woeful performances.

September 29, 2017, 06:14:13 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

No way the 2nd should have gone in given where he was standing when the free kick was taken . He can't half dive though .

September 29, 2017, 06:14:35 PM
Reply #7

blueski

I actually didn't even realize schneiderlin was playing until the 81st minute
Nil Satis

September 29, 2017, 06:41:05 PM
Reply #8

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 6
Kenny 6
Williams 4
Holgate 6
Baines 6
Schneiderlin 5
Davies 5
Gueye 6
Rooney 6
Siggurdson 6
Sandro 5

Vlasic 7
DCL 6
Klaasen 5

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 06:43:10 PM
Reply #9

everton1952

Pickford - 5
Kenny - 5 sorry for him I really was.
Baines  - 6 did more than most
William - 2 a truly awful player
Holgate  - 4 not fair really having to play with Williams. God help him against Burnley
Gueye - 3 a pale negative shadow of last season
Schneiderlin  - 4 spoke a lot especially to Jonjo but leadership
Davies - 5 tried and tried but surrounded by shite he was well below his normal effectiveness
Sigurdsson - too much going wrong around him to make much difference.
Rooney - 5 nearly a 4, whether he has anything to offer this season time will tell
Sandro - 2 it is almost cruel to play him even against a shite Cyprus team.
Vlasic - 7 gives some hope and energy and maybe not yet affected by the general malaise.
DCL - 6  as always made a difference after Sandro, tried hard but showed his inexperience
Klaassen - 4 hardly likely to make any difference and didn't. Jury still out on him

Koeman - immobile and all at sea

September 29, 2017, 08:44:28 PM
Reply #10

blueski

while I think the players ratings are fair I really don't attach too much blame to them as they didn't pick the team or design

just because germany won the world cup in 2014 with a false 9 doesn't mean we can and doesn't mean rooney can play that mueller role. There is a very good reason the vast majority of teams in the world play with a 9 and we saw the reason last night
Nil Satis

September 29, 2017, 08:47:19 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Masochistic thread.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 29, 2017, 09:32:40 PM
Reply #12

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Vlasic -8
Everyone else -3
Williams - 1
Koeman - 0
I have to return some videotapes.

September 29, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
Reply #13

Realist

Pickford - 5
Kenny - 5 sorry for him I really was.
Baines  - 6 did more than most
William - 2 a truly awful player
Holgate  - 4 not fair really having to play with Williams. God help him against Burnley
Gueye - 3 a pale negative shadow of last season
Schneiderlin  - 4 spoke a lot especially to Jonjo but leadership
Davies - 5 tried and tried but surrounded by shite he was well below his normal effectiveness
Sigurdsson - too much going wrong around him to make much difference.
Rooney - 5 nearly a 4, whether he has anything to offer this season time will tell
Sandro - 2 it is almost cruel to play him even against a shite Cyprus team.
Vlasic - 7 gives some hope and energy and maybe not yet affected by the general malaise.
DCL - 6  as always made a difference after Sandro, tried hard but showed his inexperience
Klaassen - 4 hardly likely to make any difference and didn't. Jury still out on him

Koeman - immobile and all at sea

Gueye a 3 & Davies a 5? Clueless